9 replies to this topic

#1 UrbanMob

UrbanMob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

Better late than never as they say.
A) Does this want the string and ball dangling from it?
B) does the tape need more mesh resolution around the highlighted area's, I think 1 more edge loop would make it perfect. (Although I think we can get away with it like this
C) Are the grenade tops ok being flat? originally they were bevelled.

--I can unwrap this on demand as it is 75% unwrapped anyways--

I think this would make a nice addition in terms of both gameplay and fun (think...how many times have you been on foot near a tank throwing grenades at it:D 7 in 1 might actually work) although im guessing the Allies would need tnt or something as an equivalent.

It also says these things were used to clear buildings, I cannot imagine how bad that must have been for people to endure.

#2 Tman24

Tman24

Darkest Hour Alum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:48 PM

nice
Posted Image

#3 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

That's really looking sexeh!
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#4 CYoung

CYoung

Jackboot Games Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

I hacked one of these together in DOD 1.3 :D to replace the dynamite. But this model is looking good.
Posted Image

#5 UrbanMob

UrbanMob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:55 PM

Cheers peeps, hopefully it isnt too late to go into the next patch, although if this is the case then not to worry as its my own fault for leaving it so late. Just letting the DH team know they have the option^^.
Give me the all clear and I can unwrap this a piece of cake for Sam to texture (added bonus is that he will have the option of being able to apply 75% of the texture right off the bat)

lots of love...your caring contributor :D

#6 nike_angus

nike_angus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

Really looks very awesome.
[RO^China]*angus
Posted Image

#7 Schneller

Schneller

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:38 AM

My understanding is that the Heer wasn't using this much in 1944-45---they were using the Panzerfaust as a bunker/vehicle buster---BUT, since we've largely done away with the 'Faust---I think we should bring this back as soon as possible.

Maybe give the Engineer, one of these and one Satchel. If I remember from playing MN you can throw this about 2 or 3 times as far as the Satchel.

Schneller
Posted Image

Wilsonam wrote: But, as someone said - perhaps just a touch too anal for a game

WUK: What! Thats impossible! Blasphemie!

#8 Doggzillen

Doggzillen

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

IDK about you guys, I play Allies most of the time, and I dont mind any advantages the germans might have if they are realistic. I would be perfectly alright if they Germans got this and there was no US equivalent, its not like the Germans have a stuart or garands. Some things can be unique.
I would actually like to see more fausts, I never felt that they were misused, and they were extremely common. I just stay away from buildings. Simple enough.

#9 ROMMEL 34

ROMMEL 34

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

its not like the Germans have a stuart or garands

You are forgetting the Gewehr 43 :mrgreen:
Alles für Deutschland!

#10 TT33

TT33

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

Nice model UrbanMob.

You are forgetting the Gewehr 43

Yes, the Ge-43 was very comparable to the M1 Garand however it was not as common as the American rifle thus its impact is rather small in the Western front.

its not like the Germans have a stuart or garands

As for the Stuart it was an obsolete design relegated to second line duty by this point in the war the closest counter part on the German side would have long been pulled from front-line service (the Panzer 38(t) in 1943 I believe). Although the Stuart does in DH exhibit good anti-infantry ability there are much better vehicles that fit such a purpose for example the Germans were quite fond of the Panzer III Ausf N (short 75mm L/24) which not only better as a close support vehicle but also had some defensive HEAT rounds (as well as better penetrative ability with its AP round vs the Stuart) which could penetrate up to 100 mm of armor as well as a powerful canister round which dispersed over 960 9mm rounds
: Posted Image

My understanding is that the Heer wasn't using this much in 1944-45---they were using the Panzerfaust as a bunker/vehicle buster---BUT, since we've largely done away with the 'Faust---I think we should bring this back as soon as possible.

Why has the panzerfaust been done away with in the first place? It was one of the most common weapons produced by the Germans during the war (most tank kills were due to panzerfausts not panzerschreks!). Anyway ...the bunched grenade was used until the end of the war especially in desperate conditions and not only against tanks (which at this point would be done by almost mostly by the panzerfaust anyway) it could be used as a mine, as well as breaking fortifications, I think someone mentioned it anti-infantry use, etc... Its essentially an expedient satchel charge.

gar83IX.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users