#1 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:05 PM

Posted Image

Recent Developments.

This is a community update for recent developments within our unit. It has been some time since we last posted a proper update and, with the new release of Darkest Hour and our re-deployment to the western front, I thought the time ripe for such an update. We, in recent months, have been far from idle, as we are well aware that every moment not spent productively only serves to weaken yourself and strengthen your enemy. We have recently partaken in several realism campaigns both in Red Orchestra and Darkest Hour and these campaigns have, for our unit been, a resounding successes. They have served as testing grounds for new tactics and the ultimate tests for the various training programs that have been underway in recent months. All of this shows that no matter how old a unit there, are always way in which we can better ourselves and strive to achieve new standards in realism through the proper application of period tactics.

Since our re-deployment to France, we have made concerted efforts to build relations with not only our fellow German units but also our allied counter-parts as well, as I believe that it is important to maintain good relations with the various allied units within the community. This is not only important when it comes to organizing engagements, it is also important for the health of the community. However, I say, with great sadness, that not all units are willing to co-operate with other units whether they are supposed friend or foe. Hopefully in the future such obstacles will be bridged. As of now, with no realism campaign in either Darkest Hour or Red Orchestra, we are looking for allied units with which we can have regular realism engagements. However, this is not always possible as a lot of the newer allied units are currently preparing for their deployments. With this in mind, we have been ramping up our training efforts in order to maintain the proper combat effectiveness that a unit of our standing should.

Posted Image

Recruitment.

Currently, our unit operates in two distinctly different but very closely operating sub-units. That of the SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment “Deutschland” and the SS-Panzer-Regiment “Das Reich”. At present, we are recruiting for both of these establishments. For those wishing to make a future in the panzergrenadiere, our unit has had three years of experience within Red Orchestra, its mods, and has many well experienced squad leaders and corporals. The tank regiment is also recruiting those that would rather blaze a path as a panzermänner in one of the many armoured fighting vehicles that are available to our division. The Panzer-Regiment can also boast many experienced personnel amongst its ranks. So whether you are interested in becoming a member of our illustrious unit or if you are wishing to arrange an engagement against us, do not hesitate to contact me, as we are a very compromising and reasonable group of individuals. There are a number of ways you can reach me, you can send me a private message on these forums or on the unit forum which can be found through the following http://forum.deutschesoldaten.org/.

Posted Image

As a passing note, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Darkest Hour team on their excellent work with the latest release. With their MOD, they have single-handedly secured the future of Red Orchestra. Without this MOD, interest in the game would have long since died off. The ’new blood’ that has been attracted to this game since the first releases of the MOD have given the community a new vigour and, more importantly, me and my men more people to shoot at. So, thank you for the hard hours of work that have served to give use such endless hours of fun, for that we are truly grateful. I hope that the team has the momentum to keep producing the excellent features that we thought we would never see in the game.

Regards
SS-Obersturmführer u. Zugführer i. d. 1./SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt "Deutschland"
Posted Image

#2 Adler

Adler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:37 AM

As a passing note, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Darkest Hour team on their excellent work with the latest release. With their MOD, they have single-handedly secured the future of Red Orchestra. Without this MOD, interest in the game would have long since died off. The ’new blood’ that has been attracted to this game since the first releases of the MOD have given the community a new vigour and, more importantly, me and my men more people to shoot at. So, thank you for the hard hours of work that have served to give use such endless hours of fun, for that we are truly grateful. I hope that the team has the momentum to keep producing the excellent features that we thought we would never see in the game.

Regards
SS-Oberscharführer u. Zugführer, Ernst Hoffmann

Bump

If you are looking for a first rate realism unit look no futher than this organization, these gents are tops !!!

#3 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

Posted Image

Thank you for the kind words Adler they are much appreciated.

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Posted Image

#4 {1.SS}Schroll

{1.SS}Schroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:52 AM

If you're looking for an elite unit then you've found it, Das Reich is truly one of the most formidable German realism units active at the moment and should be feared and respected by all.

Let's keep the German units at the top of the page!

\o

#5 RustIronCrowe

RustIronCrowe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:21 AM

Am Ende steht der Sieg!

Cheers m8!
Posted Image

#6 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

Posted Image

Allot of people do allot of complaining about things they dislike or want changed and believe me there are things in this MOD that I feel should have been done differently. However I think people need to be grateful that is MOD is even around for them to complain about. So for all it’s flaws this MOD has allot of strengths and has bought allot to RO game play and is a truly enjoyable MOD!

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Posted Image

#7 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:23 PM

Sorry I missed your post there Schroll! Thanks for the big up mate.

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Posted Image

#8 {1.SS}Schroll

{1.SS}Schroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:01 AM

You're welcome, we're all Kameraden here!

\o

-Schroll

#9 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

Angriff im Morgengrauen!

Posted Image

Aus guter Deckung und mit einem weiten und freien Schussfeld übernimmt ein MG die Sicherung einer Vormarschstrasse.

Posted Image

Panzergrenadiere greifen einer Amerikanischer Stellung an!

SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment “Deutschland” is accepting recruits willing to learn the tactics and techniques of the late war German panzergrenadier. With three years of realism experience in Red Orchestra and Darkest Hour SS-Division “Das Reich” is an exciting and stimulating environment to be in, a unit that is always striving to push the boundaries of realism. To enlist register on the unit forums and post an application.

http://forum.deutschesoldaten.org/

Regards
Posted Image

#10 Fleck

Fleck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

Awesome pictures guys!
Posted Image

#11 {1.SS}Schroll

{1.SS}Schroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:49 AM

Very cool, I like the crinkled effect you used on the images, very authentic looking!

\o

-Schroll

#12 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

Posted Image

Thanks for that guys, Reinhard is the Photoshop master that edited the photos. If you think this is good I have something really grand planned. That should be posted in a week or two.

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Posted Image

#13 Fleck

Fleck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:59 AM

Sweet dude, looking forward to it :D
Posted Image

#14 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

Kampfberichte (After action Reports or War Diary).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some battle reports from recent west front battles. Photoshop work by Eugen Reinhard. (Battles with the former 2nd RB & 29th ID in that order).

Regard
Ernst Hoffmann
Posted Image

#15 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

SS-Division “Das Reich”

Posted Image

SS-Panzergrenadiere und Sturmgeschütze auf dem Vormarschkampf!

Posted Image

Sturmgeschütze vor!

Posted Image

SS-Untersturmführer Hoffmann Führer des I. Zuges der 1./SS-Rgt “Deutschland” beobachtet die kanadische Stellung.

Posted Image

Panzergrenadiere im Schnellfeuer!

Posted Image

Sturmgeschütze bombardieren die feindliche Stellung!

Posted Image

Panzergrenadiere überrennen eine kanadische Stellung!

1./SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment “Deutschland” is once again opening up recruitment. Applicants should be at least 18 years of age and should have an interest in world war II. 3./SS-Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung “Das Reich” is also accepting recruits aged 18 and over. Applicants should register and post on the unit forums in the link below.

http://forum.deutschesoldaten.org/

Regards
SS-Untersturmführer u. Zugführer, Ernst Hoffmann
1./SS-Regt "Deutschland" - SS-Division "Das Reich"

Posted Image

#16 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

Dich ruft die SS!

Posted Image

1./SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment "Deutschland" is accepting recruits age 18+ enlist via the unit forums

http://forum.deutschesoldaten.org/.

Regards

Posted Image

#17 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

I really enjoy the pics! the 3rd one especially!
Posted Image

#18 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

Thanks Guillemette, the Photoshop work is done by Eugen Reinhard. My favourite photos are the ones from the first page of the thread. I find them more atmospheric. 8)

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Posted Image

#19 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

SS-Panzer-Division “Das Reich” moves into assembly areas prior to Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein!

Posted Image

Over the past weeks the men of SS-Division “Das Reich” have been involved in frantic preparations for
the western offensive, in which we are to take the initiative back from the allies.

To the Meuse first, then Antwerp!

Regards

Posted Image

#20 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:47 PM

Posted Image

In the Woods of the Ardennes Forest SS-Division "Das Reich" Moves Forward into the Attack!

Posted Image

SS-Panzergrenadiere storm forward to clear the town of enemy forces!

Posted Image

Elements of 1./SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment.3 “Deutschland” and 4./SS-Panzer-Regiment.2 “Das Reich” of the 2.SS-Panzer-Division “Das Reich” seized the vital hamlet of I’ Abreuvoir in a bold assault, destroying a heavy American tank destroyer company in the process. Forwards to the Meuse, then Antwerp!

Regards

All Photographs in this post are actual action shots from Battle for I’ Abreuvoir!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users