38 replies to this topic

#21 TT33

TT33

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

Not to mention slapping it on a SdKfz 251---Also, a superb counter to the US .50 cal BMG which is over the horizon somewhere

The .50 cal would be out matched not only due to the much smaller cartridge (the.50 cal is 12.7 mm) it never had or was issued explosive ammuntion (in ww2) giving the Flak-38 (20 mm) unparalleled superiority in anti-infantry capablity having both High explosive and high explosive incendiary ammuntion as well as superior anti-tank ablitity due to its better penetrative ablity (not to mention its very high velocity APCR rounds).
2 cm flak 38:
Pzgr. (AP)
Pzgr.40 (APCR)

Plus various HE// HE incediary rounds:

2cm Patr. Sprgr. L'spur
2cm Br. Sprgr. Patr. o L'spur

gar83IX.gif

#22 Schneller

Schneller

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:52 AM

Absolutely the .50 is outclassed by the 20mm BUT, the .50 can shred the 251 platform at long engagement ranges!

And, it is likely that the .50 would eventually appear on several Allied vehicles on the battlefield---so, it is a weaker but more plentiful weapon.

I think that could balance it out pretty well.
Posted Image

Wilsonam wrote: But, as someone said - perhaps just a touch too anal for a game

WUK: What! Thats impossible! Blasphemie!

#23 TT33

TT33

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:58 AM

Absolutely the .50 is outclassed by the 20mm BUT, the .50 can shred the 251 platform at long engagement ranges!

The opposite is also true Flak-38 can decimate the 50.cal machine gunner team long ranges more so even due to the explosive ammo, the higher muzzle velocity of the Flak, and the very stable platform. Against it I would rather try to use some rifleman to shoot the gunner off the gun than open fire at it with any machine gun because in my mind using a machine gun would result in giving the Flak a target to shoot at... Sort of like kicking a sleeping badger - :mrgreen:

And, it is likely that the .50 would eventually appear on several Allied vehicles on the battlefield---so, it is a weaker but more plentiful weapon.

Perhaps, although I consider the Mg-42 a better anti-infantry platform in since it fires at much higher rpms allowing it to put more bullets in an area than the relatively slow firing .50cal. in other words the 50.cal has to contend with the mgs as well as the Flak-38.

The .50cal's advantage over the Mg-42 and 30.cal is its ablity to more effectively penetrate and at longer distances light to medium fortifications such as sandbags, houses, concrete,ect. Since atm there really is a lack of bullet penetration in game the .50cal will not really be able to do this making it more or less a 30.cal with some anti-APC ablity.

gar83IX.gif

#24 Schneller

Schneller

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

Can't disagree....but the 20mm on one or two 251's running around may face a half-dozen or more .50 cals----NOT at present but once the BMG is introduced in realistic numbers.

Even if it doesn't end up on a lot of vehicles (which is unrealistic) If the Allies were on the defense, it should be in fortified positions in the Tripod version.

Since so many of the engagement occur at 600M or less, the .50 cal on tripod should be absolutely deadly to wheeled vehicles and half-tracks. The gunfight would go to the swiftest and most accurate.

Like the AT Gun, the Tripod mounted .50 needs a random location spawning scheme. There's no point in putting it on a map if it is always at the same position. The increased power of the HE cannon rounds just make killing it (in a known location) a mere formality.

Schneller
Posted Image

Wilsonam wrote: But, as someone said - perhaps just a touch too anal for a game

WUK: What! Thats impossible! Blasphemie!

#25 pepur

pepur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

Hello
How to setup gun animation (animation is simple but i dont know to setup and link a dummy?) in Max to good export with actorx
I look at editor and animation a Pak40 and crate a lot of dummy (name to this dummy:turret, shell... etc) next step is good link this dummy objects?
And i dont know how i export this mesh? All Gun-Flak model or separate, turret and rest body with whells?

#26 nike_angus

nike_angus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:19 PM

Great job! It really looks awesome.
It will be very cool to see it in Ramelle.
[RO^China]*angus
Posted Image

#27 {1.SS}Schroll

{1.SS}Schroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:04 AM

Great work, I'd love to fill some Amis full of holes with this thing!

:twisted:

#28 pepur

pepur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:37 PM

Flak-38 *.ase with *.dds texture
I dont remember what i import this in to 3d max
and I cant animate this stuff.
My RO editor has crash everytime when i do something-hate this!

Mesh have two separate parts-main and turret.
http://rapidshare.co...flak38.rar.html

#29 Maximus

Maximus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:23 PM

Looks very good, nice work! :D
It is better to die on one's feet than live on one's knees.

#30 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:30 PM

so what's happnening with this?
Posted Image

#31 coldstreameruk

coldstreameruk

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:19 AM

not alot , hope it can start again

#32 Basnett

Basnett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

There's a Flakvierling 38 being made for the map DH-Vierville and it is in-game and working. I would be grateful if the OP could repost the model he made so we could see about getting his gun into the game as well.

#33 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

I don't think he frequents these forums any more Bas. Try sending him a PM, he might get an email notification about it.
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#34 ROMMEL 34

ROMMEL 34

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

Could it be possible to implement what is underlined in red? For example, the fire button would fire one pair, the alt-fire button would fire the other pair, and pressing both buttons would fire all four weapons.

Posted Image
Alles für Deutschland!

#35 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

You could e-mail him tho
That flak was looking so good :mrgreen:
it would be nice to have it in game!
Posted Image

#36 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Any love for the Allies forthcoming? :mrgreen:

Posted Image

#37 Lonnback

Lonnback

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

Nice!

#38 pepur

pepur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

Hello,
I can do Flak 38 again because my old version is looks like crap.
But I think the Darkest Hour is dead when RO2 is relased.
(i find a old screen from editor http://pepur.carbonm...jects/2583608#9 )
(many years ago I send this Flak38 model to mapper who create a Ramelle map for DH, later I deleted this model from my hard disc)

#39 Basnett

Basnett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:02 AM

Darkest Hour is far from dead, my friend, there's a new release coming out shortly and the core community is still going strong. ;) This new model would be greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users