2 replies to this topic

#1 CYoung

CYoung

Jackboot Games Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

Just doing this to practice some techniques for "nextgen" based engines. Pretty nice stuff in UT3 and Cryengine2, really amazing how much texturing has almost phased out(detailing isn't even needed anymore)

So the model is 5,500 tris(no idea who made it). Ambient Occlusion is baked from the low poly using a hammerslay 1.0 filter, set to multiply over the base. Cavity map is baked twice from the high poly(well over 1mil tris), using xnormal to get different shades of fine detail. Basically the AO map captures light information based on the low poly, while the cavity map captures light information on very fine details on the high poly. I than merge all the AO/Cavity layers with different blending options, and than multiply it over my base. Render is using 100 self illum, no lights in the scene.

Posted Image

Just noticed black on the mag, I screwed up laying down the materials on the map :D
Posted Image

#2 CYoung

CYoung

Jackboot Games Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:14 AM

It's 102 degrees (F) in my dorm room right now, and I'm burnt out. Birthday is in 9 hours, and I just finished this shit. I think it came out amazing.

Map Preview (Diffuse, Normal, Specular)
Posted Image

Ambient Occlusion Map with Cavity Map and Edge Map
Posted Image

Base Marmoset post effect
Posted Image

UT3 Marmoset post effect
Posted Image

Two screenshots are taken in realtime. Second screenshot is what the UT3 engine would resemble.
Posted Image

#3 SchutzeSepp

SchutzeSepp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:51 AM

i know a few guys who work at the FNH factory wich is just a few miles away from here, one of them modeled parts of the P-90!
http://forums.tripwi...line=1250418028

maps: RO-PariserPlatz DH-Foy DH-stavelot DH-La Gleize DH-Cheneux DH-raids DH-Stoumont DH-Targnon
released: DH-Maupertus viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5521&p=53034#p53034
WIP: DH-st-marie du mont viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5647

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users