• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Creepy

Creepy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:58 AM

Intended as a map piece, I had a heck of a time sorting out examples of German field kitchens. This one is based on the Hf.11 Large Field Kitchen which was used during WWI but saw service in WWII. The example I started using for reference was recovered from Holland and used by a reenactment group. The template I'm using in the modeler has a few discrepancies, so it's being used as a loose scaffolding to help me place elements taken from other sources.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone happened to have references for the suspension system and information on how the wagon was secured for use? I imagine it used some sort of stand that was packed with it.

Oh. I also need details for the coal pans.

Thanks!

Posted Image

Currently at under 1400 faces

Edit: Not sure if it's the model 11 or 13 as I don't think I've seen an example of the model 13. Can't be certain. The main reference I'm using is here: http://www.2ndpanzer...eld_kitchen.htm
...but I'm still rooting around for details even as I build.

#2 husbert

husbert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

isnt there already a field kittchen in the static meshes?
"In war more than anywhere else things do not turn out as we expect. ... Perseverance in the chosen course is the essential counterweight." -- Carl von Clausewitz

#3 Creepy

Creepy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:33 AM

isnt there already a field kittchen in the static meshes?

I saw a field kitchen on a map somewhere but the one I saw was really low poly and I have no idea where the heck to find the thing (I have no prefabs in my library and haven't learned to navigate in map making yet so I'm largely building things from scratch.) This one's going into my map with a few food items to give a feel that it was hastily dropped when artillery shells began to land. This one will come with the accessories trailer as well but I'm up in the air as far as keeping them in the same immediate area at the moment (in the interest of not killing processors.)

Anyway, I'll make this available for general use when it's ready.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 husbert

husbert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:47 PM

that looks nice!
im looking forward to "erbsen mit speck aus der gulaschkanone" :)
"In war more than anywhere else things do not turn out as we expect. ... Perseverance in the chosen course is the essential counterweight." -- Carl von Clausewitz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users