96 replies to this topic

#41 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:27 AM

Could you please use thumbnails? Large images just jack up the whole efin forum div.

#42 Ts4EVER

Ts4EVER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

Ok, let's try it like this:

edit: ok, that didn't work.. Second try

edit2: Meh screw thumbnails, just go to the site:

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/

There are updates on tank armor and deflections there, as well as a fifth new map.

#43 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

No dont use thumbnails! Just use the big pictures. I hate clicking on thumbnails. I prefer just scrolling down the page and looking at all the pictures quickly. FH2 looks great and is fun but the tanking... GOD THE TANKING MAKES ME WANT TO KILL MYSELF.
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#44 Ts4EVER

Ts4EVER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

You can start preloading now per torrent. the password for the .rar file will be released friday.

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/

#45 Shurek

Shurek

Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

Thumbnail code (tmb) has been enabled on the boards, please use this function whenever possible.

Thanks

3ka2.png

#46 Basnett

Basnett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:00 AM

I am going to re-buy Battlefield 2 so I can play this, despite having paid for and bought the game twice already :(. I've since lost my Battlefield 2 CD-keys.

#47 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:18 AM

No dont use thumbnails! Just use the big pictures. I hate clicking on thumbnails. I prefer just scrolling down the page and looking at all the pictures quickly. FH2 looks great and is fun but the tanking... GOD THE TANKING MAKES ME WANT TO KILL MYSELF.

I don't like thumbnails either, but it's the best alternative for everyone unless forum members will make their images around 800x600. Since I love checking out these threads on games, it makes it much easier to navigate.

#48 Ts4EVER

Ts4EVER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

New update, with nifty trailer:

#49 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

Looks great. I gotta question why FH2 decided to go to the Bulge? The Bulge is great and stuff but what about Market Garden? I would of loved Market Garden!

Of course I will be playing this but I will probably rage after a few days when I discover how unrealistic it is again with tank turrets spinning around at amazing speeds, and MG's dont being able to set up on walls (BF2 has stupid hardcodes)
Posted Image

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#50 Gunney

Gunney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:13 AM

I reinstalled it in March to see if I could get it to work and there was an update to my sound card that allowed it to work. I have been playing it again ever since.

The maps in the game are simply packed full of visuals. The game is solid. The only major annoyance is the hit detection in game. I can hit players who are pixels in the distance but I can't hit a guy a few feet away. It's like there is a pixel on the body you have to hit which only is apparent at a distance.
Posted Image

#51 Ts4EVER

Ts4EVER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:43 AM

The spinning tank turret exploit was caused by people jacking up the sensitivity of their mouses. This will be fixed in 2.4, alongside other exploits like ignoring armor angles when shooting at tanks.

Faulty Hit detection is mostly caused by server lag. Since most servers stand in Germany, American players tend not to hit anything.

#52 Giftzwerge

Giftzwerge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:28 AM

I am going to re-buy Battlefield 2 so I can play this, despite having paid for and bought the game twice already :(. I've since lost my Battlefield 2 CD-keys.

Create an account on EA's origin (EA's steam) and registrate your game there, you will never have to bother about CD-keys again.

#53 Giftzwerge

Giftzwerge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

Looks great. I gotta question why FH2 decided to go to the Bulge? The Bulge is great and stuff but what about Market Garden? I would of loved Market Garden!

Of course I will be playing this but I will probably rage after a few days when I discover how unrealistic it is again with tank turrets spinning around at amazing speeds, and MG's dont being able to set up on walls (BF2 has stupid hardcodes)

I have the exact feeling while playing FH2. I regularly make the mistake by crouching behind a wall with a MG to hopelessly wait when the ''gun is rested'' icon appears on the screen.

Also the insta-kill-accuracy on rifles and lack of proper sway/ballistics is a major letdown in FH2. I always begin to miss DH when I play FH2, funny.

#54 Gunney

Gunney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

Also the insta-kill-accuracy on rifles and lack of proper sway/ballistics is a major letdown in FH2. I always begin to miss DH when I play FH2, funny.

What game are you playing? FH2 doesnt have that feature. Many times I have been pinged by long arms only to finish my sprint to cover.
Posted Image

#55 Basnett

Basnett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

Played it for a few days, and have some observations.

The game is beautiful, the amount of materiel available is amazing, the sounds are great, but the maps are the game's weakest point. The maps are simply too big, and the fighting is too spread out. It's the same issue that plagues some of our Darkest Hour maps (Kommerscheidt, Caen), except that it is across the board. If the maps were half the size and had a more logical and coherent battle flow, the game would be that much better. However, this fact alone makes me not really want to start it up. :/

#56 TT33

TT33

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

That's not so much a game flaw than personal opinion m8, there are plenty of larger maps that are popular enough and play well whether its in FH2,MN, CC, Ro, or DH. I haven't played the most recent FH2 build I may bully one of my friends out of a BF2 disk to try it out but no doubt its probably a very well done mod as is evident from the media releases as well as my past experience with FH/FH2.

gar83IX.gif

#57 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

The game is beautiful, the amount of materiel available is amazing, the sounds are great, but the maps are the game's weakest point. The maps are simply too big, and the fighting is too spread out. It's the same issue that plagues some of our Darkest Hour maps (Kommerscheidt, Caen), except that it is across the board. If the maps were half the size and had a more logical and coherent battle flow, the game would be that much better. However, this fact alone makes me not really want to start it up. :/

You aren't suggesting that smaller, CODesq maps are the solution, are you?

#58 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

You aren't suggesting that smaller, CODesq maps are the solution, are you?

Small maps don't mean they can't be open and stuff..

Take maps like la Monderie and Vieux. I HATE those maps. So big and so boring. My favourite map is probably Stoumont. I would say that Stoumont is the perfect map. Combined arms, it's not too small and not too big and the fight is constant. Sepp did fucking great with that map.
Posted Image

#59 Pantokrator

Pantokrator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

Monderie (especially JR version which is absolutely brilliant) is one of the most dynamic tank maps. It's not that big and it's full of action.
Of course for beginners it's not that fun, cause they get killed all the time, but vets know how to stay in the "action zone" for a long long time.

#60 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

Monderie (especially JR version which is absolutely brilliant) is one of the most dynamic tank maps. It's not that big and it's full of action.
Of course for beginners it's not that fun, cause they get killed all the time, but vets know how to stay in the "action zone" for a long long time.

But Tank maps are boring big undetailed maps. I'd rather play a detailed combined arms map any day. Putot En Bessin was a great big combined arms map. That was big and detailed
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users