• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Kaster

Kaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:12 PM

W Darkest Hour gra sporo rodaków i chce ich po??czy? w jedn? ca?o??. Narazie jest jednostka w pocz?tkwej fazie rozwoju.

Czego wymagam:
?adnych wulgaryzmów
Szacunek dla innych graczy
Nie strzelanie do swoich.
Gra zespo?owa

Je?li ktos reflektuje to zapraszam :
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/1SBS

Do zobaczenia
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

#2 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:49 PM

Go for it!!
Posted Image

#3 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:52 PM

No there isn't, soo... good luck. Will be nice to fight some real Poles.

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Posted Image
SS-Obersturmführer u. Zugführer i. d. 1./SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt "Deutschland"

#4 saints121

saints121

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

I am polish :D

Bakomenko

#5 Cpl.Christie

Cpl.Christie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

Go for it comrade, we need more diversity in the realism scene.
Posted Image
Moscow Centers Attaché to the Western Front

#6 tman29th

tman29th

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

Dare to steal our Polish members :P GL Kaster! You'll do great!

#7 Jinkyjonk

Jinkyjonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:18 PM

Interesting idea.

Good luck, from all of us here at No.3 Commando.
Posted Image
"Got mittens?
Well, here's socks!"

#8 Kaster

Kaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:11 PM

Thanks.

Jinkyjonk I wanted to join 51 but saw your previouse post. Im wondering if I we can cooperate, when i recruit more man. If i understand it will be British Unit so we are under same command. If i dont make unit ill think about joining your ranks.

@T-man : No. There is more screballs out there.
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

#9 Jinkyjonk

Jinkyjonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:18 PM

Sure, come talk to me on steam about it mate.

My tags are;

[No.3]SgtMaj.Clark

Talk to you soon.
Posted Image
"Got mittens?
Well, here's socks!"

#10 Schreiner

Schreiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

If you really desire to do a Polish impression than perhaps you should consider Mare Nostrum since they're adding Polish skins and voices to their mod. I don't know when, if ever a set of Polish skins and voices will be released with Darkest Hour. It would be best if you format your Polish unit to one which fought in the Polish II Corps under Allied Command in Italy.

Also, expect opposition in Italy.

dzi?kuj?
Posted Image

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

I support Schreiner's suggestion.

#12 Jinkyjonk

Jinkyjonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:10 AM

Hug a rifle dropper?
Posted Image
"Got mittens?
Well, here's socks!"

#13 Schreiner

Schreiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:05 AM

Hug a rifle dropper?

I guess you haven't looked past the surface in terms of British propaganda. No, you'll be on the end of a Carcano by determined Bersaglieri under the forces of the RSI.

Anyways, off subject. I do hope that Kaster has read the latest replies by now.
Posted Image

#14 Haras

Haras

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:11 AM

Ya Polish Unit would be great. So go for it man. Nice Idea

#15 Jinkyjonk

Jinkyjonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hug a rifle dropper?

I guess you haven't looked past the surface in terms of British propaganda. No, you'll be on the end of a Carcano by determined Bersaglieri under the forces of the RSI.

Yeah maybe after they've surrendered to me, eh.

Nevermind the sanctity of the white flag, eh?

I'm shaking in my tasselled Greek shoes.

And I quote;

"The Greek army proved to be a more able opponent than Mussolini or his generals thought, and successfully exploited the mountainous terrain of Epirus. The Greek forces counterattacked and forced the Italians to retreat. By mid-December, the Greeks had occupied nearly one-quarter of Albania, before Italian reinforcements and the harsh winter stemmed the Greek advance. In March 1941, a major Italian counterattack partially failed and the Italian troops only reoccupied small areas around Himare and Grabova. The initial Greek defeat of the Italian invasion is considered the first Allied land victory of the Second World War, even if in the event the campaign, thanks mainly to the German intervention, resulted in a victory for the Axis."

And,

"Greeks do not fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks."

Well at least they managed to fight Ethiopia to a draw, with the help of Hitler, eh.

NATTY DREAD FLASH HIM LOCKS AND A LIGHTING CLAP!

Indeed.

Clark.
Posted Image
"Got mittens?
Well, here's socks!"

#16 {1.SS}Bix

{1.SS}Bix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

T'is true that the Italians proved to be more of a detriment to the Axis then helpful. The conflict in Greece may have changed the course of the war by setting back the Barbarossa preparations among other things.

It was the Spaniards who fought like lions in the east.
SS-Panzergrenadierregiment 1
Posted Image
http://www.panzergrenadiers.com
Posted Image

#17 Schreiner

Schreiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:44 PM

Yeah maybe after they've surrendered to me, eh.

Nevermind the sanctity of the white flag, eh?

I'm shaking in my tasselled Greek shoes.

And I quote;

"The Greek army proved to be a more able opponent than Mussolini or his generals thought, and successfully exploited the mountainous terrain of Epirus. The Greek forces counterattacked and forced the Italians to retreat. By mid-December, the Greeks had occupied nearly one-quarter of Albania, before Italian reinforcements and the harsh winter stemmed the Greek advance. In March 1941, a major Italian counterattack partially failed and the Italian troops only reoccupied small areas around Himare and Grabova. The initial Greek defeat of the Italian invasion is considered the first Allied land victory of the Second World War, even if in the event the campaign, thanks mainly to the German intervention, resulted in a victory for the Axis."

And,

"Greeks do not fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks."

Well at least they managed to fight Ethiopia to a draw, with the help of Hitler, eh.

NATTY DREAD FLASH HIM LOCKS AND A LIGHTING CLAP!

Indeed.

Clark.

I guess you couldn't stop at just exchanging insults and ignorance. This could've been continued through a private message, but you just had to post again. So be it, provide your swath of Wikipedia links at your own discretion. I can brag on just as much about tactical victories as you can.

Mind you, there was really no direct support of Fascist Italy by Hitler and Germany until the Pact of Steel was signed which was on May 23rd, 1939 long after the main campaign in Abyssinia had ended. Perhaps cooperation in between the two countries was fostered in the Spanish Civil War at times albeit limited. Although talks of negotiation and an alliance began in 1936 after the Stresa Front had fallen and Mussolini more or less so was apprehensive of just who exactly France and Great Britain supported after the Hoare-Laval agreement (which was an agreement made in between both Foreign Ministers of Great Britain and France respectively in which Abyssinia would grant territorial concessions to Italy but still maintain independence) was revealed. If the stipulations of that agreement are not outrageous than I don't know what is, despite its ultimate aim being the prevention of war breaking out. In the end Mussolini was fed-up with the inefficient, diplomatic zig-zagging of France and Great Britain and therefore greater relations thereafter with Germany followed.

And the invasion of Greece was definitely a blunder for the Italians since at this point their military forces were so stretched out and there was no particular concentration. Disadvantages in regards to the Italian invasion of Greece was the fact that one of the worst winters of the century had come earlier than expected and fell upon the Italian offensive coincendentally. This fact in combination with a determined and defensive military enemy and a largely mountainous country would make an invasion very difficult.

Field Marshall Graziani, known as the Butcher, was promised 1,000 tanks by Army Chief of Staff Badoglio after the 10th Army invaded Egypt. However, this was never to manifest and he knew that since many of the tanks in production were allocated to a future invasion of Yugoslavia. This illustrates the point of how stretched out the Italian military was despite being limited in terms of capability, and also of Mussolini's overly-ambitious political designs.

Italy was not to be prepared for war until 1942-1943 and it began its debut hastily in 1940, but despite all of these disadvantages and discrepancies, many units such as the the Alpine Divisions, Bersaglieri Regiments, infantry divisions like the Savona, Pavia and Brescia, MVSN/CCNN troops and Italian Armored Divisions proved themselves well. They didn't lack courage, they just lacked equipment and good strategic leadership. In fact, the last successful cavalry offensive in history was initiated by the Principe Duca D'Aosta Celere Division in the Soviet Union;

August 24 - With the victory in Serafimovich, the Italian Savoia Cavalry made up of 600 men mounted a counter attack on the Isbuschenski steppe. The Russian's comprised of 2,000 men with mortar and artillery support. One squadron attacked head on, while the other came behind the enemy lines on horseback and possessing only sabers. They completely catch the Soviets by surprise and overrun the Russian position.

This was one of the last calvary attacks of World War II and resulted in the destruction of 2 Soviet battalions, another battalion forced to withdraw and the netting of 500 POW's, 4 large artillery pieces, 10 Mortars, and 50 machine guns.

http://www.comandosu...o.com/1942.html

Sources:
World War II: A Short History, Fourth Edition; Michael J. Lyons
Comando Supremo
Axis Europa Magazine
Posted Image

#18 Jinkyjonk

Jinkyjonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:23 AM

Yeah okay big boy, easy now.

Seriously I signed off with, "NATTY DREAD FLASH HIM LOCKS AND A LIGHTING CLAP!" Rest assured by tongue was firmly in my cheek there. Just thought I would mention it before you get too carried away with a thread you massively derailed some posts ago. Also if you really think I could be bothered to pull quotes from anything else but wikipedia when someone randomly takes offensive and tries to win an "argument" about a comments that were clearly jovial and about as serious as Debra Medan's make up artist, then you're just rather silly, Pon de river, pon de bank!

:)

Clark.
Posted Image
"Got mittens?
Well, here's socks!"

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

If you had no intention of arguing then, why say anything at all? I withheld my comments earlier, but I will say it now that your "joke" that Italians are rifle droppers was an insult. That'd be like me saying that the British are tea-drinking Hitler appeasers and then after being refuted, I say it was all tongue in cheek.

#20 Jinkyjonk

Jinkyjonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:33 PM

If you had no intention of arguing then, why say anything at all? I withheld my comments earlier, but I will say it now that your "joke" that Italians are rifle droppers was an insult. That'd be like me saying that the British are tea-drinking Hitler appeasers and then after being refuted, I say it was all tongue in cheek.

The British upper classes were and are in some cases Tea-drinking Hitler appeasers.

I'm just not ridiculous enough to take that as an insult, sorry. I would agree up to a point that yes that is in fact true to an extend and then laugh (that is an audible expression of happiness, joy, amusement etc). And if someone did say that in one line in an on-line forum and then post a clearly jovial post just 'poking fun' at the defending argument, I would have thought people would have had the intellectual capacity to deal with that. My mistake, guappos I apologise unreservedly. But I'm off to make a tea and practice my victory hail.

Clark.
Posted Image
"Got mittens?
Well, here's socks!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users