• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sebi417

Sebi417

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:17 PM

A few of you guys heard about us, we are working hardly for the last 3 month, but today we are proud to announce our first preview.
The Revenge of the Turul is a add-on for Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45 that focuses on the battles of the Royal Hungarian Army during the Second World War on the Axis side from battle on the Don river (summer of 1942) to the Defense of Budapest (1944-1945).

I. Is the First phase you have opportunity to meet the Hungarian Tankers, to fight with the germans again the Mother Russia. With tanks such Toldi I, Toldi II, Turan I, Turan II,Zrinyi II, PzKpfW 38(t), Jagdpanzer 38(t) "Hetzer". But not just the Hungarian army have there tanks, but russian are equiped with SU100 Tank Destroyer too.

II. In the second phase we want to equipe the Royal Hungarian Army with a arsenal. From small arms to large static or mounted AT guns, like Frommer 37M Pistol, Kiraly 39M and 43M SMG, 31M Solothurm MG, the standard Pak 40 and Flak 36.

Maps:
First Battle of Uryw 1942 summer, on the morning of 18 July the first Rendezvous with the russian forces. At the end of the day they pushed the Russian to the Don river. The Hungarian were equiped with Panzer 4 Ausf.F1, Panzer 3 Ausf.M, Toldi I, and Csaba 39M, and the Soviets were equiped with T60, KV1, T34/76, and supported by Zis-3 AT guns.
Uryw Uryw

Arad
The 3rd Hungarian Army started offensive from Alföld to Arad-Temesvár on 13 September 1944, and the same say they captured Arad, but the offensive was stopped by the Soviet forces and at the end of September the Hungarians were forces back to the Trianon border. The Hungarians were equiped mainly with Hungarian manufactured tanks.

And many other maps.

Positions are still available for mappers, texture artists, coders, and animators.
You find more infos at Revenge of the Turul at Moddb.com

#2 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

Looks pretty damn good guys. Good job and I hope everything goes well, god knows it never does :D
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#3 Alvin Fuchs

Alvin Fuchs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

I like that Hungarianized Panther!

I really hope it works out for you guys. Great, original concept that I hope to be getting my mitts on in the next year! If its good enough I might just have a little more reason (along with DH) to not move completely over to HoS.
Posted Image

#4 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

Nice to hear goodluck
and you can count on me to play the game!
Posted Image

#5 'DeadlyDad' Olson

'DeadlyDad' Olson

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

That looks like an interesting mod. I look forward to hearing more from you as time goes one.

(Totally OT, but an interesting look at how the brain's pattern-matching can totally fail - when I first glanced at the title, my wetware saw an unfamiliar word, noticed the rounded shape followed by an upright line at the end of it, and matched that pattern with a 'd', giving me 'Revenge of the Turd'. :shock: )
"Keep calm, and tell me all about it."

Need help? Friend me:
Posted Image

#6 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:36 AM

I did played the game!
Some nice vehicule
Some things I dislike other I liked
I'll let you judge by some pics I took

They did put some mg42 on hts
Posted Image
Tank pool
Posted Image
Hetzers!
Posted Image
tank pool
Posted Image
A pic of a tank map I played
Posted Image

Edit: I forgot to say that I enjoyed more the game than stock RO so overall I liked it
Posted Image

#7 Blueyy

Blueyy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:47 AM

Looks very good, have you done anything to make the tank combat better than the ping pong game it could be in standard RO?

#8 Mikeedude

Mikeedude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:44 AM

A lot of the maps werent tank heavy so I never noticed ping-pong too much, possibly because the new tanks take a while to get used to.
Only two things stuck out as bad which were minor, the machine pistol in the screenshots looked tooooo big to be real, and the tank engine noises all sounded like a 1950's VW beetle with only 3 cylinders running.
The hetzer was a nice addition and the maps were quite good.

#9 =GG= Mr Moe

=GG= Mr Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:41 AM

I played it and overall I liked it.

The only real complaint I had was the fact that when an objective was captured, the spawns were moved up into the just captured objectives. This of course resulted in the spawn protection minefields killing any remaining defenders left there. If only they moved those new spawns just outside those areas.
Posted Image

#10 ROMMEL 34

ROMMEL 34

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:56 AM

have you done anything to make the tank combat better than the ping pong game it could be in standard RO?

Its still ping pongy. :cry:
Alles für Deutschland!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users