77 replies to this topic

#1 PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:48 AM

It's been a while since the last post and the Mantling thread is growing epic in length (epic for these parts anyway) so I thought I'd give you something else to discuss for a while. The update build is still with TW and will be released... er... at some point anyway. I can't say I'm sorry for the break. Being able to come home from work and NOT jump straight into DH work is everything I'd hoped it would be!

Anywho, this is basically the changelist minus the bulk of Shurek's vehicle changes. I already posted those in the tank update and don't think it's worth doubling up here since you'll be more interested in reading the changes you don't know about yet. This list also doesn't include most of the map fixes because frankly, I don't know what they all were. But anyway, on to the important stuff!

NEW ITEMS

• Added a "Simple HUD Colours" checkbox to the game's HUD settings, which sets the team colours back to Red/Blue for colourblind players (and people who really hate green/gold)[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • C96 M712 Mauser[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed Red and Orange Smoke Grenades for use in marking locations and rally points, can be carried simultaneously with other grenades. Only one rally point can be active at a time however and the last grenade thrown/binocs marked will take precedence[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Added Mantling[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • New tank - M36 Jackson "Slugger"[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • New tank - Panzer III Ausf. N[/*:m:h5kepg7i]

NEW MAPS

• Dog Green (A condensed re-release of the old Beta map)[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Freyneux and LaMormenil[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Hurtgenwald (Back by popular demand)[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • La Chapelle[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • La Monderie[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Noville[/*:m:h5kepg7i]

BUG FIXES

• Fixed bug where Stolen Allied weapons showed Allied sleeves instead of German ones for certain player classes[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed Panzerschreck shell pickup being half buried in the ground[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed missing sound effects for bolting the Enfield No.4/No.4 Sniper[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Enfield No.4 no longer shoots slightly to the right[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Players who've had their hat/helmet shot off no longer magically get a new one when entering/exiting a vehicle[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed Luftwaffe officers and Squad Leaders not being assigned any grenades (smoke or otherwise)[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed a glitch where players were unable to resupply satchel charges or panzerfausts if they were carrying enemy grenades[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed longstanding bug where a proned and deployed BAR gunner is seen by others to be standing in mid-stride with his weapon pointed backwards[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed bug where BAR/Bren/FG42 were not correctly animating when deploying from crouch, resulting in crouch-deployed players being completely hidden behind cover, while at the same time being able to see/shoot enemies[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed Bren/FG42 not showing their bipods as being down while deployed[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed missing sounds when working the bolt of the Enfield sniper rifle[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed US Smoke Grenade missing the animation for underarm throw[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed bug where radioman was unable to change weapons while playing online[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed instances of German tank crew being unable to switch weapons on certain maps (custom maps with this problem will need to be fixed by their creator)[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed FG42 always doing an "empty" reload, regardless of whether the magazine was empty or not[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed FG42 magazine wobbling around during a half empty reload[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed FG42 using wrong animation for fire mode switching while the bipod is deployed[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Tweaked code that sends a player prone on a leg shot, hopefully this will work more reliably now[/*:m:h5kepg7i]

CHANGES

• Bazooka and Panzerschreck no longer need to be rested in order to be fired from a standing position[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Updated a number of Bazooka and Panzerschreck 3rd person animations[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Slightly increased PIAT penetration capability[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Adjusted MG barrel temperature calculations, so they now take longer to heat up[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Weapon sway now resets for bolt action rifles after firing (as the weapon is lowered from the eye to bolt)[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Slightly adjusted ironsight weapon position on FG42, BAR and Bren (which also reduces their apparent muzzleflash by proxy)[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Reduced size of muzzleflash on Thompson[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Adjusted stats for every single bullet weapon, changes for each include one or more of the following:
    [list:h5kepg7i]
  • Lowered recoil
    [/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Increased accuracy
  • Corrected rates of fire
  • Increased base damage
  • Corrected initial bullet velocities (affects damage at range and bullet drop)
  • Corrected bullet ballistic coefficients (affects how bullet velocities change during flight)[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
[/*:m:h5kepg7i][/list:u:h5kepg7i]
  • Now that the radioman can change weapons, he has been given 2 grenades as part of his starting loadout[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Numerous small weapon animation adjustments

• Added localisation capability (German language version was released by TW in a recent prior update)[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Reduced font size on scoreboard to allow more names to fit (this renders the MaxScoreboard mutator obsolete)[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Player Name box in Settings pages now allows you to enter the full 32 chars allowed - Please note that while spaces are still allowed in game, you cannot connect to some servers with a space in your name, this is an engine issue[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • The above change should also prevent names longer than 20 chars from resetting on map changes (provided they have no space in them)[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Changed player icon graphic on the overhead map

• Central hedges on Axis side of Brecourt are no longer magically solid[/*:m:h5kepg7i]

ADDITIONAL VEHICLE CHANGES

• Fixed Stug MG34 pitch and yaw problems[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Fixed Higgins boat ramp; players can no longer run right through the mesh, therefore ramp must be dropped for exit.[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Decreased reload times for all tanks, except the M5 Stuart[/*:m:h5kepg7i]
  • Decreased reload times for all AT Guns[/*:m:h5kepg7i]

Posted Image

#2 Kasapanos

Kasapanos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:04 AM

First :D

Now, that's a fine list of additional changes for the next version!

• Now that the radioman can change weapons, he has been given 2 grenades as part of his starting loadout[/*:m:1vh3nnzb]

And I thought it was a feature that he can't throw grenades with that gymnastic cube on his back...

#3 Basnett

Basnett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

Second! :D

I'm really looking forward to playing Dog Green with a full server. I think I may cry a little. :')

You guys are gonna love it.

#4 Reinhard

Reinhard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

Fixed Stug MG34 pitch and yaw problems

That's what I wanted to hear.

Regards
Eugen Reinhard
Posted Image
"Second Platoon went up against one of the most battle hardened and successful Axis forces online gaming as seen" - Cpt.Cooke "29ID" AAR after there engagement with 2.SS "Das Reich"
"The 2nd SS amassed an incredible force with veteran fighters that put victory just out of reach" - Cpt.Cooke "29ID" AAR after there engagement with 2.SS "Das Reich"

#5 red_one

red_one

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

Good job!

#6 TimNice

TimNice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

So the AT class still get just the one round, and no mention of reducing the 3 the piat class gets? Christ it's like pulling teeth....

#7 oberkommando

oberkommando

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

Looks like you guys have been busy.
Keep up the good work.
OB3R

#8 Thommy-L

Thommy-L

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

So the AT class still get just the one round, and no mention of reducing the 3 the piat class gets? Christ it's like pulling teeth....

I can't repeat this often enough, it's a CREWED SERVICED WEAPON people. Team up with somebody and experience the awesome fire power of the bazooka and you'll have wet dreams.

And don't forget, that pesky MG in the building across the way, put a rocket next to the window opening and blow that gunner to bits.
Posted Image
DH-Lead-Beta-Tester and General-PITA

Cpl.Christie: any argument based on a fat guy in a Wehrmacht uniform hipping a mg42 is invalid

#9 Zookawarrior

Zookawarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

Just brilliant 8) Will take some time to adapt to the fact now you can shoot the zook when standing :shock: maybe I should go pratice that to DoD already :lol:

I can't repeat this often enough, it's a CREWED SERVICED WEAPON people. Team up with somebody and experience the awesome fire power of the bazooka and you'll have wet dreams.

Exactly. I just had a game in Foy, had two totally strangers to me side to me and they seemed to be ready to reload me. I fired one rocket, was fully resupplied/reloaded in a sec, same again, and again, totaling over 5 rockets, making 9 kills when clearing up Foy Crossroads building windows :lol:

Winter War mod in the making for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam!

Follow the development: https://discord.gg/WMuZc5h

#10 Doggzillen

Doggzillen

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

Whats to hard about it? Sometimes I will stay in the line of reinforcements and just continually fire rockets at the target as the players run by and reload me. I think I fired well over 50 rounds in a few minutes once. When you are doing that, nobody wants to even think about coming into the closest rooms of any nearby window. Its a very useful tool even if you dont get kills. It really makes people move away real quick.

#11 TT33

TT33

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:39 PM

Fixed Stug MG34 pitch and yaw problems

I'll finally get some good use out of this - :mrgreen:

gar83IX.gif

#12 Doggzillen

Doggzillen

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:11 AM

Also, the zooka is roughly 13lbs vs 32 for the PIAT and 24 for the shrek.
Shouldnt this be the other way around, the zooka having more rounds to make up for the weight difference? Or at least some kind of wielding difference. I mean, seriously, the M1 is roughly 10lbs, and they carry a crapload of weight even when they are only carrying ammo.
The zooka soldier should have an advantage of some kind, even stamina.
This comes from someone who fooking hates AT troops, besides fausts, those things are sweet. :mrgreen:

#13 Wuk

Wuk

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

And don't forget, that pesky MG in the building across the way, put a rocket next to the window opening and blow that gunner to bits.

And why does the Piat not suffer the same problem then using 3 rounds ?

#14 Thommy-L

Thommy-L

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

And why does the Piat not suffer the same problem then using 3 rounds ?

Good question. My guesses:

Because it it more difficult to use, having a much higher arch of fire, compared to the Bazooka and the Panzerschreck, making it much more difficult to obtain a hit with it.

Maybe because the grenades used to be much weaker before the pending Beta 4 release.

The high weight of the PIAT does IMO does merit restricting the gunner from carrying more than one grenade just like the Bazooka and Panzerschreck.

But those are just my guesses.

Maybe it does need to be adjusted in the next update.
Posted Image

Cpl.Christie: any argument based on a fat guy in a Wehrmacht uniform hipping a mg42 is invalid

#15 TT33

TT33

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

-AT- guns were also fixed and received all kinds of edits.

gar83IX.gif

#16 Thommy-L

Thommy-L

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

Playing the devil's advocate here :twisted:

It may be that the British had lend-lease or procured bazookas and that they preferred them over the PIAT. But that does not quantify their use compared to the use of the PIAT.

I think it would be okay to have maps where the British historically had access to bazookas, but I would hate to see the PIAT relegated to obsolescence by introducing the bazooka to the commonwealth forces just because the commonwealth did have some of them.

The PIAT should be brought in line with the other anti-tank weapons regardless of introducing commonwealth use of the bazooka.
Posted Image

#17 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

I am curious to know why the PIAT gunner gets 3 bombs and the rest get 1. Always a perplexing circumstance for me.

Posted Image

#18 Scipio

Scipio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

I am curious to know why the PIAT gunner gets 3 bombs and the rest get 1. Always a perplexing circumstance for me.

Yes, sounds wrong to me too, now.

#19 Alexander Ostmann

Alexander Ostmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

Great changes. Nice job :)
Posted Image
http://www.24Pz.org - Unteroffizier Alexander Ostmann

#20 greyfoxire

greyfoxire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

great news thanks for the effort

what kind of changes have the mp40s got they are a class that are somewhat avoided at present ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users