137 replies to this topic

#1 {SHD}Metalbourne

{SHD}Metalbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image

The Ardennes Offensive (16 December 1944 – 25 January 1945) was a major German offensive (die Ardennenoffensive), launched towards the end of World War II through the densely forested Ardennes Mountains region of Belgium (and more specifically of Wallonia: hence its French name, Bataille des Ardennes), France and Luxembourg on the Western Front. The Wehrmachts code name for the offensive was Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein (in English: "Operation Watch on the Rhine"), after the German patriotic hymn Die Wacht am Rhein. This German offensive was officially named the Ardennes-Alsace campaign by the U.S. Army, but it is known to the English-speaking general public simply as the Battle of the Bulge. The "bulge" was the initial incursion the Germans put into the Allies' line of advance, as seen in maps presented in contemporary newspapers. R.O.C. staff has spent several months perfecting and changing things to make it run as best as possible, I feel that the finished product has now arrived. Lets make this the best realism campaign ever.

Object of the Campaign:

Wacht Am Rhein Campaign will start on the 16th of December, 1944 (Real date TBA) and will continue until the Axis wins by "Strategic Points" or total sector sepremecy on the map. Allies can win by pushing back the German offensive and regaining the initiative. The Germans will have the upper-hand in the beginning, but the tide can change into the Allies favor as the campaign continues.

Campaign Map:

The map of the Ardennes is divided into strategic sectors that need to be taken/held in order to win the campaign. Above each sectors name is a "Strategic Value Point". This is crucial to winning the campaign as each side tries to gain as many "Strategic Points" as possible to meet their objective's set SVP. The map is overall divided into "3" Army Groups of action North, Center, and South. The colored sectors differ from each Army Group to signify where that AG can move and attack/defend.

Axis Objectives:

The Axis will be on the attack the whole campaign unless it is slowed by Allied victories. It is imperative that the Axis wins and takes as much ground as soon as possible as fuel and weather will only be on your side for 7 days (14 Turns). Commanders, your goal is to take key objectives that contain SVP's that total 425 svp's or more, or complete annihilatation of the Allied Forces. Watch your fuel suppiles as well.

Strategic Victory: 425 svp's
Marginal Victory: 500 svp's
Decissive Victory: 642 svp's

Allied Objectives

The Allied units in the beginning were taken by suprise, as this front was suppose to be for relaxation and regrouping of Allied Units and the German's were thought to be on the run and close to surrender. Also the thick Ardenne forest was thought to be impossible to launch an attack from esp. in the snow. The Allies needs to slow the Axis advance at all costs until reinforcements and good weather arrive's. Hold or retake as many sectors as possible to win.

Hold and/or regain all territory lost by the attack.

R.O.C. FEATURES

1.) Easy Signup for Units/Individuals
2.) Easy forms for Army Group Commanders to Equip/move their armies and submit AAR's (After Action Reports)
3.) Newsletters from the front lines. (You can "Subscribe" to it on the main page.)
4.) Easy tracking of equipment losses and new equipment (Always up to date).
5.) Unit Readiness Feature (this is a percentage of availble equipment/men due to fuel/morale)
6.) Easy to follow realism rules. (Any questions just pm me or look on the site).

EARLY SIGNUP IS NOW UNDERWAY (Campaign will begin shortly after the new DH update is out)
http://www.rocampaigns.com
Be sure to join both the website (if you haven't already) and Campaign to play.
Posted Image

#2 magicdutchmen

magicdutchmen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Interesting initiative. I've signed up.

#3 Holmes

Holmes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

1st Battalion, 502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment has signed up as well.

#4 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:46 AM

That new layout of yours rocks.

#5 Blueyy

Blueyy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:11 AM

Looks very interesting, hopefully I wont have to get up at 6am to play.
will sign up once I get home :)

#6 Tontis

Tontis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:40 PM

The 504th is interested, however, how did you want us to register for the campaign?
Posted Image

#7 {SHD}Metalbourne

{SHD}Metalbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

Magicdutchman - Did you signup on the site as well for the campaign? You have to do both.

504th - Signup as a "Unit" on the front page where it says "SIGNUP" under the image. Make sure you and your men (your men don't really need too, up to them) to signup on the site it'self. Put your members names on the form "Below" the main signup form please.

You request an Army Group to fight with, but you may be moved, just depends on unit sizes and so on.
Posted Image

#8 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

Excellent I will sign up the SS-Division "Das Reich" right away. Even though I am not sure it is fair on the allies that we partake! :twisted:

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Posted Image
SS-Obersturmführer u. Zugführer i. d. 1./SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt "Deutschland"

#9 Zookawarrior

Zookawarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:55 AM

Guess I have to sign up only to destroy 2.SS stugs :P

76561197970174462.png

#10 Reinhard

Reinhard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

Guess I have to sign up only to destroy 2.SS stugs :P

You can try ...

Regards
Reinhard
Posted Image
"Second Platoon went up against one of the most battle hardened and successful Axis forces online gaming as seen" - Cpt.Cooke "29ID" AAR after there engagement with 2.SS "Das Reich"
"The 2nd SS amassed an incredible force with veteran fighters that put victory just out of reach" - Cpt.Cooke "29ID" AAR after there engagement with 2.SS "Das Reich"

#11 Tontis

Tontis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

Excellent I will sign up the SS-Division "Das Reich" right away. Even though I am not sure it is fair on the allies that we partake! :twisted:

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann

|504PIR|Pvt.Tontis: *insult*

:P
Posted Image

#12 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

502nd PIR is still together? i thought they disbanded

*EDIT* lol i just saw your Returning to DH post :D
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#13 Holmes

Holmes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

Yes we are back :P we are already up to 10 soldiers. Recruiting is picking up very fast.

#14 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

cant wait to blow you all up with my Panzerschreck "Betzy"
Posted Image

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#15 Holmes

Holmes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:14 PM

Watch out for our Private Griffin. Hes a hazard to germans.

#16 Alvin Fuchs

Alvin Fuchs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:23 AM

my Panzerschreck "Betzy"

*Groan*

Nooo, Jörg, why??
Posted Image

#17 Zookawarrior

Zookawarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:11 AM

[quote name='Alvin Fuchs'][quote name='"Jörg Biermann":1stj2aa5']my Panzerschreck "Betzy"[/quote]

*Groan*

Nooo, Jörg, why??[/quote:1stj2aa5]

Sry for off-topic... my zook's name is "Green Fairy" :lol:

76561197970174462.png

#18 griff

griff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

Ya you best watch out Germans :D

#19 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:47 PM

[quote name='Alvin Fuchs'][quote name='"Jörg Biermann":3miv5jxw']my Panzerschreck "Betzy"[/quote]

*Groan*

Nooo, Jörg, why??[/quote:3miv5jxw]

i don't know i was trying to think of a name and i thought Betzy because it sounds like cows name amd my panzerschreck is big and like to eat green things green things(Shermans)
Posted Image

#20 LSchroll

LSchroll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:35 AM

Ya you best watch out Germans :D

:roll:
Posted Image
SS-Untersturmführer u. Zugführer Lukas Schroll
SS-Panzer-Regiment 12 'Hitlerjugend'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users