• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#21 adelheid

adelheid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

Watch out for our Private Griffin. Hes a hazard to germans.

Ya you best watch out Germans :D

I'm a hazard to Allied infantry, you best watch each others backs :twisted:
Posted Image

#22 {SHD}Metalbourne

{SHD}Metalbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:33 AM

My patience is wearing thin for the update. If it doesn't come this coming week I think we should start the campaign without it.

Side note, we need more Axis players/Units to join and then we need to figure out Army Group Commanders.
Posted Image

#23 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:47 AM

SS-Division „Das Reich” is ready to fight when you are. We can handle an Army group to ourselves, I am just not sure who will fill the others.

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Posted Image
SS-Obersturmführer u. Zugführer i. d. 1./SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt "Deutschland"

#24 TheLegionnair

TheLegionnair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

so, new patch...new campaign? :P
Posted Image
SS-Sturmmann, Gustav Eicken
1./SS-Regt "Deutschland" - SS-Division "Das Reich"

#25 {SHD}Metalbourne

{SHD}Metalbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

I need the names of maps that could be used for the campaign please esp. the big tank maps that are used by the Jolly Rodger servers. My goal is to use the large tank maps and cut them down to certain sizes with 1 objective to attack/hold for each sector on the campaign map. Here is what I have so far (MAP NAME/HOW MANY SECTORS)

Bois Jacuues/1
Chenevx/3
Foy/1
Freyneux & Larmon/4
LaGleize/3
Noville/1
Operation Stosser/1
Rammelle (Hold small bridge)/1
Road to Bastogne/? Never played it
Stoumont/3
Maupertus (North)/3
Wacht Am Rhein/4

Need more please.
Posted Image

#26 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

Stavelot & Targnon for a start, maybe we could get Putot en Bessin as well as la Monderie edited to a winter setting as it would be a shame not to include those excellent maps.

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann

P.S. If you would like these maps to be included then I will have work start on them asap

Posted Image

#27 {SHD}Metalbourne

{SHD}Metalbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:41 AM

Yes please, more the merrier. I plan to have large maps divided into sectors of the campaign. So any snow maps available or ones that can be made will work.

Thank you :D
Posted Image

#28 Holmes

Holmes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:37 AM

The units will have time to explore the maps before actually fighting on them right? Correct me if i am mistaken

#29 TheLegionnair

TheLegionnair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

AWESOME ^^ things are moving forward.
Posted Image
SS-Sturmmann, Gustav Eicken
1./SS-Regt "Deutschland" - SS-Division "Das Reich"

#30 Karlsson

Karlsson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:08 AM

The units will have time to explore the maps before actually fighting on them right? Correct me if i am mistaken

Well usually you get to know what map you are going to fight on like one week before the actuall battle, so the units involved will have plenty of time trying the map out and develop good tactics for the battle.

My advise to any allied unit is to really take your time in planning the battle, i can assure you that the german units plans their battles really well(so well that every soldier knows what to do days before the start of the battle.) I mention this becuase from experience i have seen many unorganized defences and attacks.

//
Karlsson
“Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man.”

#31 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:35 AM

That’s good advice Karlsson, they will indeed need to plan their defences thoroughly. It would however take super human efforts on their part in order halt our advance! Vorwärts Immer Vorwärts!

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Posted Image

#32 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

Attacking is gonna be SO MUCH easier now that you can clumb over walls. No more MGs camping the only gate that is open to get into a ****ing garden
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#33 Alvin Fuchs

Alvin Fuchs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

Jörg, ready to light up some Ronsons? :lol:
Posted Image

#34 misc

misc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

Going to be interesting to see how they sort out the numbers for each match. I assume it'll be 25 on 25 or will the attackers get a few more?

It is good to see new allied units that are willing to fight other units though!

2SS has a battle this coming sunday against 8th ID and 504th i believe, should be fun.

#35 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

2SS has a battle this coming sunday against 8th ID and 504th i believe, should be fun.

Maybe... who are you by the way?

Going to be interesting to see how they sort out the numbers for each match. I assume it'll be 25 on 25 or will the attackers get a few more?

Also as for battle sizes I thought 25 Vs 25 but I think attackers could do with at least a couple more men so I just upgraded the server to 55 slots (I like odd numbers).

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Posted Image

#36 {SHD}Metalbourne

{SHD}Metalbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:29 AM

Nice, have you completed the maps for snow yet?
Posted Image

#37 misc

misc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:06 AM

Oh Hoffy, you know who I am =P

But anyhoo, typically, at least in the US Army, it is generally understood that you should have a 3:1 ratio when attacking... that is.. three of your soldiers vs one of theirs.

Though I think a real problem will be faced as the defenders are generally outnumbered, and so must hold a certain amount of ground from all angles.. that is.. the enemy will do their best to flank around and hit you from the rear....

This sorta makes sense in the realm of combat we are used to, when units are assumed to not have support from neighboring flanks.. but in reality, you have units to your left and to your right, so flanking moves are difficult at best.

Though I spose we will just have to see how things pan out.. I know it irks a lot of people when they are told they are assaulting X position... only to find that no enemy soldiers are actually there.. and are instead spread out across the map.... it makes for a lot of situations involving the usual "Find the last sniper/soldier on the map"

I think this has been remedied by our (2SS) insistance that if we hold our objectives for 10 minutes, we win.... but we will have to see.

We cannot fight like how other units train. The [edit] for example generally train like a [edit] clan train, just kill the baddies... very little tactics involved from what i've seen on their public scrims.

Have to break away from that and force the teams to fight over specific objectives. We need to take Le Mondarie.. and the enemy have to hold it.... and not hang out in ruins or on other sides of the map.

This also helps keep the rounds to a minimum of time, we can't spend hours and hours scouring every bush for a lone sentry. I think rounds should last an hour or two at most. You know where the enemy is, just attack them.. no need to flitter about.

#38 RustIronCrowe

RustIronCrowe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

The [insert clan here] for example generally train like a [insert deathmatch-type game here] clan train, just kill the baddies... very little tactics involved from what i've seen on their public scrims.

Please refrain from mentioning specifics about clans that you are not personally a part of... especially when it paints them in a negative light. Clans have the freedom to train and play in any style they wish, and their success or failure will be shown on the battlefield itself.
Posted Image

#39 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

Nice, have you completed the maps for snow yet?

They should be finished in a couple of days la Monderie is nearly finished.

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
Posted Image

#40 {SHD}Metalbourne

{SHD}Metalbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

Nice, keep me posted please. :D
Posted Image