• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jergulson

jergulson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

"The purpose of this group is to provide players interested in realism scrims a means by which to be automatically invited by organizers.

Conversely, Administrators and organizers of public scrims can use the group to invite players to their public scrim events.

Please contact a group admin for admin authorization if an organizer, or contact any member for an invite to the group."

=============

The idea is for all organizers to have a common tool to use in order to have a large community of players interested in realism to invite to their events.

Contact me on steamchat (PFC Jergulson [29th ID]) for admin rights in group if an organizer, or for a general member invite if not.

The effort is quite unrelated to any clan or realism unit I might be a member of :)

Group link:
http://steamcommunit...oups/DHPUBSCRIM

#2 Kaster

Kaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

Many players dont care about scrims they just want to play. Others are in unit/clans.

If you organize public scrim can you guarantee that i'll play if i get on time and obey rules?
I try 4 times to play 29th Public Scrims and i was kicked becouse unit members joined. Scrim started 22.00 and after 30min i was kicked becouse member joins. He was late so he dont play.
Public scrims its just waste of time for people who dont like to wait 30min and then get kicked.

If Public scrim was like 75%members and 25%players then ok. It starts 22.00 if you are in then you play. If you are late then thats your problem.
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

#3 jergulson

jergulson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

I think you could probably run a public scrim with 7 clan members and 43 experienced pubbers once we get this up and running Kaster. But that is just my opinion.

The group concept does not include telling admins and organizers how to do their scrims, its just a platform for linking interested players with scrims so that players have a reasonably consistent access to realism scrims and organizers have access to players.

Now join the group :)

#4 Holmes

Holmes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:31 PM

Its a first come first serve kind of event. Personnally, i wouldnt kick a public to make room for a member. Id address the member to arrive on time if he wishes to participate. If he doesnt get there its not everyone else's fault. Its his own.

#5 jergulson

jergulson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:28 PM

Holmes
You are actually the catalyst for the group creation. Noted you have an event planned for tomorrow, so link up with me on steam so I can give you admin powers for the announcement and such. If you want. Seems a good way to reach the community at large.

#6 Father Ted

Father Ted

Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:22 PM

I have to say I'm with Kaster on this. I appreciate that the 29th open their doors to the great unwashed for their pub-scrims, but once you say it's public, it should stay that way. No only is it unfair on those who have waited patiently on the server for it to start and then get kicked for those who arrive late, but it also gives a headache to whoever is admin at the time. I've been there when the admin has had to make himself unpopular by picking a pubber to be kicked in order for a clan member to join. I agree that being a member of the clan needs to have certain privileges (otherwise why join?), but I'm sure there are more "closed" realism scrims per week than the one public one, so why not let that one do what it says on the tin?

In any case, this is a good initiative, Jergulson, and I'll look forward to getting involved in some more scrims

#7 jergulson

jergulson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

Schroll
You have admin powers.

========

Tossed in a short description of what a realism scrim is along with guidelines on Scrim Decorum.

=========

Interestingly, one of the admins runs a clan playing RO almost exclusively. Never say never, but a realism scrim group might turn out to be one of many venues we can use to increase the player base by attracting players from other games interested in a higher level of realism up to and including dh-scrims.

84 members and self-recruiting about 5 a day.

Now all we need is some more admins and some more realism scrims.

#8 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:56 PM

lol last time I did a public scrim on 29th I was Team Killed 3 times. Me and someone else from 2.SS thoguht it would be cool to both join and both just stick together and have some fun but that fun was ruined by idiot pubbers. On One round me and this other 2.SS guy were defending this wall together and the round jsut started and in the first 3 seconds BANG! My Friend was shot by a teamate behind us. Then after 2 seconds I was shot. Apparently he was aiming at us for like 10 minutes waiting for the round to start because he thought we were enemies? Come on!! What a complete idiot!
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users