16 replies to this topic

#1 CatintheHat

CatintheHat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:54 AM

New Asia DH server launched

It is called ASIA DH Infantry and Combined Maps and has been set up to attract more players from Asia to the game.

Testing of the server over the weekend showed playable pings in the 180-230 range for players located Asia.

Good pings for players in the US also make the ASIA DH Server another alternate for that part of the world.

Server set-up.
Auto map rotation, no map voting. If you stop for a bathroom break between maps, you will miss the map start.
Auto session ban for team killing. Set for five TKs with a bit more give for accidental artillery team kills.

Drop by sometime.

#2 Lamb

Lamb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

thanks for the heads up...

I'll be sure to check it out!

Seems I may have to have sex with darkest nation while razor sprays us with whipped cream. But thats fine.

#3 Zookawarrior

Zookawarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:05 PM

I'll remember to direct my high pingers there...

and I removed your duplicate post at General Discussion. This is the correct place.

76561197970174462.png

#4 CatintheHat

CatintheHat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

As part of the Asia DH Infantry server launch I am running what I think will be one of the first Darkest Hour prize promotions – Swarm Thursday Night Challenge.

The concept is pretty simple. . . . I will award prizes to the top players based on their overall scores from the night.

The site’s Gameserver stats will be reset prior to the Challenge and it will be used to determine the winners.

There will be prizes send in the post to the best of the best DH players !

Serve stats will be reset at around 19:30GMT+10, that is 7.30pm if you are in Australia and a few hours earlier for those further north into Asia.

The Challenge will run for four hours.

Those up early in the US can post scores at breakfast with the challenge starting at 5.30am NY time.

Drop by the Asia DH Infantry Server, post a score and be in the running for a prize.

#5 CatintheHat

CatintheHat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

Well done DH players Bluey, ]DAK[ShangDi[[-(jp) and Yarnucraft who were the top three place getters of the inaugural Asia DH Challenge.

A modest field fought on Thursday night in what may be the first Darkest Hour match-up played for real life prizes.

Australian based Bluey blitzed the field with a combined score of 444 points. His map knowledge and speed between caps putting him ahead of the pack in attack scenarios.

Californian ShangDi, an unknown player to many taking part in the Challenge, proved superior in defence to his rivals, managing to hold vital cap zones and leading successful counter attacks on zones able to be recaptured. Total score 272.

Yarnucraft, also from Australia, excelled in the use of the German MP40 over the course of the 90 minute tournament. Having honed his skill with the automatic weapon after many years playing Red Orchestra, Yarnu has developed uncanny accuracy at long distance with the MP40. At on point the young player boasted it was better at cracking enemy skulls at range than a bolty! Well done Yarnu, 226 points and a remote control helicopter on its way to you. No buzzing your neighbours cat.

Notable mention to EchoCharlie. Although placed just outside of the prize bubble with a score of 201 points, the contender showed remarkable skill in defence and exhibited good logic when navigating cap zones.

The inaugural Asia DH Challenge ran for 90 minutes and was played on standard DH maps.

Further Challenges are planned so join the Asia Darkest Hour steam group or add me to your friends list.

#6 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

That's pretty cool. I might participate one day... with a ping of about 500 :mrgreen:
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#7 Furious

Furious

Sponsor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

Tried to get on the server but not in server list and could not join you all via Steam. Might pay to get that looked at.....any ideas anyone?

#8 Jonno

Jonno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:42 AM

Server list not showing?

Steam appid txt file maybe........... open using notepad, change value, save then restart server and booogie on
(1200 ( RO ) to 1280 for ( DH )
every little helps :shock:
Tesco :wink:

#9 CatintheHat

CatintheHat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:07 AM

Just checked and the officialmod.ini file on the server definitely has the ModAppID=1280

Musat be something else

It's a bit weird that only some people are unable to see the game in the list. It works fine from my end.

#10 Jonno

Jonno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:32 AM

Open you DH folder (server)
goto
darkest hour
system
open
steamappid.txt using notepad
change value to 1280
save
restart server

should be ok after that...
one thing confusing me
players able to connect........
might not be that file
is it running on local network only? whose your host?

#11 CatintheHat

CatintheHat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:49 AM

The server is hosted by Game Servers http://www.gameservers.com.

The set-up doesn't have a steamappid.txt in the system folder of DH, however it does have a officialmod.ini in the DarkestHour directory which looks like this. As you can see, the AppID is 1280.

[MOD]
ModAppID=1280
ModTitle=Darkest Hour
ModLogo=DarkestHourLogo.bmp
ModDesc=Normandy Invasion Mod for Red Orchestra
ModCmdLine= -log=../DarkestHour/System/DarkestHour.log -ini=DarkestHour.ini -userini=DHuser.ini
ModURL=http://www.darkesthourgame.com
ModIconTga=help/DHIcon
ModManual=http://www.darkesthourgame.com
ModDeveloper=Dark-Light Games

It's a bit strange how some people can see the server in the list, yet for others it is not there.

#12 Jonno

Jonno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:54 AM

looking in wrong place buddy.....

our servers are hosted via gameservers too

your dir
then path shows
dh/system/steam_appid.txt

ahh i see my bad i typed the full dh aka darkest hour :wink:
hopefully helps now

#13 CatintheHat

CatintheHat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:02 AM

That a bit strange. I have no file called steam_appid.txt only the officialmod.ini which sits in the main DH directory.

Anyway I have created a txt file called steam_appid.txt and put it in dh/darkesthour/system

The file looks like.

[MOD]
ModAppID=1280
ModTitle=Darkest Hour
ModLogo=DarkestHourLogo.bmp
ModDesc=Normandy Invasion Mod for Red Orchestra
ModCmdLine= -log=../DarkestHour/System/DarkestHour.log -ini=DarkestHour.ini -userini=DHuser.ini
ModURL=http://www.darkesthourgame.com
ModIconTga=help/DHIcon
ModManual=http://www.darkesthourgame.com
ModDeveloper=Dark-Light Games

Is that what your steam_appid.txt contains ?

#14 Jonno

Jonno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:09 AM

no
the file contains only this

and it goes in the main system folder
not the darkest hour system folder
when u connect via the ftp
it will load the directory
then double click on it
then it will load the DH directory
open that
go to the first system directory
locate file and change it there
then save
restart server
bingo

#15 CatintheHat

CatintheHat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:48 AM

I see. Yep I have that txt file however it has 1280 !

Must be something else.

Could it just be one of those internet anomalies where the pipes are crossed over or something like that?

I had it happen to me a few years ago with RO and I had to manually type in the game server IP address.

#16 Blueyy

Blueyy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

It wouldn't show up for me so I used the console to connect, lucky it has an easy to remember IP

have you got a list of the map rotation?

#17 CatintheHat

CatintheHat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

Once you are into the server and playing a map, hit F2 and from there it should present an option showing the rotation.

Look not a great deal put into the rotation, just a bit of a mix of the long and the short of it.

Was thinking about trying to set it to some authentic time line but open for suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users