Photo
- - - - -

The 113th Cavalry Group - Now Recruiting.

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Lowes

Lowes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image

Enlist today at http://z13.invisionf...alry/index.php?

Why join the 113th Cavalry?
Unmatched Professionalism and skill among all current Allied units Aggressive and frequent training, twice weekly. Learn the intricacies of small-unit combat as it was in WWIIMore then just a unit, join a group of gamers who are approachable and friendly. The 113th is small, but its community is tight knitActive scrimmaging, expect to be in combat with the finest units in DH frequently

What do you need to know for the 113th Cavalry in DH?
Training is held twice a week, on Thursday and Sunday nights at 8 PM Eastern Standard TimeA mic is NOT required, but is encouraged!Teamspeak is needed, whether you have a microphone or notPersonal skill is not a factor, we will make you a good trooper in time, only enthusiasm, patience and dedication are needed

What do we specialize in?

The 113th Cavalry is a Mechanized Cavalry unit , as such we excel in fast-moving, mounted combat; and are equipped for short and sharp dismounted engagements at close range. We train in Reconnaissance and Combined-arms tactics ranging from the squad to Platoon levels of fire and maneuver, seamless integration between rifleman, vehicles and crew are our goal. We seek to portray as accurately as possible both the equipment and organization of a late-war Mechanized Cavalry Group, and their counterparts, the Armored Infantry Regiment. You will be made intimately familiar with the tactics, risks and benefits of finding, fixing and assaulting an enemy force with The 1/4 "Willys" Jeep, the M3 "Halftrack" and the M4 series Medium Tank

Battle Record:
As of June 6th, 2012, the 113th Cavalry Group has been in existence for exactly 1 year, marking our separation from the (now defunct) 506th PIR. In 12 short months we have fought 13 scrimmages and have participated in one campaign. We have gained victory with stunning consistency; having 9 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses to our name. This record is not only a testimony to our professionalism, but a sound example that a small community is not an inactive community.

Western Front
113th vs 10th AD - VICTORY
113th vs 1.SS - LOSS
113th vs 25.ID - VICTORY
113th vs 29th ID (AP2) - DRAW
113th vs 25.PzGd + 2.SS - VICTORY
113th vs 2.SS - VICTORY
113th vs 2.SS (2.Zug 'Ritter') - VICTORY
113th vs 29th ID (CP3) - LOSS
113th vs 2.CSB - VICTORY
113th vs 2.SS - LOSS
113th vs 2.CSB - VICTORY
113th vs 2.CSB - DRAW

Eastern Front
51st Guards vs 9.FJ + PzGruppe Muncheberg - VICTORY (Campaign Battle)
51st Guards vs 9.FJ + PzGruppe Muncheberg - VICTORY (Campaign Battle)
51st Guards vs 25.ID (mot) - VICTORY

"Road to Periers/Gotterdamerung" Normandy Campaign
113th v 17.SS (Cambes en Plaines) - VICTORY
113th v 17.SS (Cambes en Plaines) - VICTORY
113th v 17.SS (Hill 108) -LOSS
113th v 2.SS (Englesqueville) - VICTORY
113th v 2.SS (La Feuillie) - LOSS
113th v 2.SS (La Feuillie) - LOSS

NOTE: If you wish to see the After Action Reports of the above scrimmages, simply register on our forums and read; http://z13.invisionf... ... owforum=19 - our success and failures are fully open to public scrutiny.

Our Roster as of September 7th, 2012:

Posted Image

2nd Lt. Rinaldi, Victor
1/C Troop, 113th Cavalry Squadron, 113th Cavalry Group

Edited by Lowes, 14 March 2012 - 04:43 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

About God Damn Time.

Welcome Rinaldi!
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#3 Alvin Fuchs

Alvin Fuchs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

The 2.SS has had the pleasure of fighting these Gentlemen at our weekly drills for several months now. I wish your the best of luck in your foray into DH
Posted Image

#4 TheLegionnair

TheLegionnair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

About God Damn Time.
Welcome Rinaldi!

Could not have put it in finer words Biermann, truly a great day to see the 506th gracing the many Darkest Hour server's with their presence. Welcome to the community, I wish you luck and hope you grow and prosper as you have done in Day of Defeat Source.

Currahee!
Posted Image
SS-Sturmmann, Gustav Eicken
1./SS-Regt "Deutschland" - SS-Division "Das Reich"

#5 {SHD}Metalbourne

{SHD}Metalbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

They have also joined the ROC. :D
Posted Image

#6 Lowes

Lowes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:44 PM

Thank you everyone, also of note is that all 2.SS members who may still be awake on Thursdays at 8PM Eastern Standard Time are more then welcome to join us for our own trainings, I'm sure they'd love the target practice :)

If you have an Axis or even an Allied unit that wants some extra training, we are looking for people to be our OPFOR, so PM me, our server is 32 slots so any number of men you can bring is most welcome. Just a word of warning to any Allied units who may be thinking of taking me up on this offer; you will most likely be fighting as the Axis if you decided to help us out, please bear that in mind.

-S/Sgt. Rinaldi
1/506th PIR
Posted Image

#7 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

The 506th PIR get the Hoffmann seal of approval, a great bunch of guys!

Hoffmann
Posted Image
SS-Obersturmführer u. Zugführer i. d. 1./SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt "Deutschland"

#8 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:44 PM

Hoffmann

What about us? =[

#9 skittlesareyum47

skittlesareyum47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

506th is awesome.

#10 Ernst

Ernst

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:14 AM

Hoffmann

What about us? =[

You can have the seal as well 8) it's gold, and has a picture of me in the middle. :lol:
Posted Image
SS-Obersturmführer u. Zugführer i. d. 1./SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt "Deutschland"

#11 jongboys

jongboys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

On the 506th PIR forum where to post the enlistment for DH?
I only see Arma 2 and DOD and the gaming community.
Thanks.

#12 skittlesareyum47

skittlesareyum47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

On the 506th PIR forum where to post the enlistment for DH?
I only see Arma 2 and DOD and the gaming community.
Thanks.

Just write DH. Gaming community is for anything other than those 2 games listed.

#13 Karabiner98

Karabiner98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:04 AM

Had lots of fun during the drills with 2.SS and your training, Good unit, Great group or people. Best of luck to ya!
SS-Panzergrenadier, Johann Füß
1./SS-Regt "Deutschland" - SS-Division "Das Reich"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:31 AM

Hoffmann

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#15 Lowes

Lowes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:41 AM

Oh my, that brings forth emotions I hitherto thought I was incapable of feeling...

;)

-S/Sgt. Rinaldi
1/506th
Posted Image

#16 Titus

Titus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

Oh my, that brings forth emotions I hitherto thought I was incapable of feeling...

;)

-S/Sgt. Rinaldi
1/506th

Masculinity :?:

#17 J. Barnaby

J. Barnaby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:00 AM

Rinaldi... keep kicking ass. Plzkthx. :D

#18 Lamb

Lamb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

I've had the pleasure of fighting alongside these gents at a number of public scrimmages and I must say they are Skilled, Highly Professional and kick alot of arse!

Keep it up gents!

Seems I may have to have sex with darkest nation while razor sprays us with whipped cream. But thats fine.

#19 Lowes

Lowes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:53 AM

What's going on in the 506th?
S/Sgt. Rinaldi gets ready to lead an element in the attack, he is killed in the action.
Posted Image
(Picture courtesy of 'Eicken' - 305 Infanterie)

The 506th PIR are currently stepping up training operations, and are increasingly using armor in exercises to build up their combined arms experience. All efforts are being driven towards the anticipated campaign The Great Crusade (http://rocampaigns.com/news.php) in which Allied forces will drive into Fortress Europe with a decisive blow.

The 506th are currently looking for enthusiastic and mature individuals ready to fight as a professional against other professionals. The training is tough, success is rarely seen; we train to learn lessons.

We encourage anyone interested to visit us at www.506th-pir.org/forum to inquire about our operations in DH and other theaters. We have no shortage of room and are always looking for willing rifleman. We also would like to take this chance to remind you that a mic is not needed, but is encouraged, and that the third-party VOIP program "Teamspeak" will be needed to participate.

Further, though the outpouring of support from various Allied and Axis units has been overwhelming, we invite anyone affiliated with a unit to join us at drills (Thursdays @ 8PM EST) and give us a fight. We will never shy away from new opponents to face. Please add me to steam ("intrator") if you wish to attend our weekly training sessions.

Regards,
S/Sgt. Rinaldi
-1/506th PIR
Posted Image

#20 Lowes

Lowes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:55 AM

What's going on in the 506th?

Despite the recent and unfortunate cancellation of the Red Orchestra Campaign "The Great Crusade", the 506th continues to train with and against various units present in the Darkest Hour world. Currently, we are looking for any and all units, Axis or Allied, Darkest Hour or Red Orchestra to engage in friendly and professional battles and skirmishes. We can field two squads+ and are more then willing for small-scale or scenario based scrimmages.

Pictures from the front...
Posted Image

The 506th PIR, portraying the 41st Armored Infantry Regiment, move into more favorable attack positions in a scrimmage against the 10th Armored Division (Portraying 38.Grenadier-Standarte, 17.SS).

If you wish to actively scrim, train and participate in a unit devoted to historical accuracy and hard fighting, I encourage you to inquire @ http://www.506th-pir.org.

Regards,
-S/Sgt. Rinaldi
1/506th
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users