http://www.battlefro...=273&Itemid=459

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

GAMEPLAY]

Both RealTime (pausable) or WeGo (turn based, simultaneous turn execution) game modes
2-player Game Modes with Realtime over TCP/IP (LAN, Internet), WeGo with PBEM (Play by Email) or Hotseat
Story driven semi-dynamic campaigns, stand alone (non-campaign) battles, QuickBattle generator, and full featured Editor guarantee endless replayability
Allied vs. Axis, Allied vs. Allied and Axis vs. Axis play options
[EDITOR]

Full featured Game and Map Editor to create your own battles and maps - even campaigns - or edit existing battles and maps
New hierarchical interface to visually select specific vehicles, equipment, and other options for your scenarios
Unique and diverse mission objectives for each side, including several objective types (e.g. exit zones, unit and terrain based objectives) that can be hidden or known
Improved Scenario briefing format, including a new Designer Notes subsection
"Reduced headcount" option to simulate previously depleted formations

QUICK BATTLES]

Redesigned Quick Battle Generator that includes the ability to "purchase" and "cherry pick" individual units (similar interface as in Editor)
Unique new optional Rarity system which allows players to include rare units without degrading their ability to have a viable combat force
Players can now preview maps before playing
The map can either be manually or randomly selected

[UNITS]

Meticulously researched TO&E which can be customized by the player
Comprehensive depiction and modeling of US Army forces, including Infantry, Armored Infantry, Airborne, Armored, and more
Wide range of German Army (Heer) forces, including Panzergrenadiers, Pioniers, F├╝siliers, Sturmgesch├╝tz, Panzer formations, and more
Dozens of detailed US and German vehicles including tanks, halftracks, self propelled artillery, trucks, and more
Dozens of detailed US and German weapons, from small arms like the M1 Garand rifle or MP40 machinepistol, to large crew-served weapons such as mortars and AT Guns. Even both variants of the monster German Pak43 are included
[MAPS]

Map sizes as tiny as 224 meters by 224 meters up to a massive 16 square kilometers
Play large scale battles or small platoon sized firefights
Conduct combat operations in lush rural landscapes, dense urban settings, or anything in between
Many new terrain types including heavy forest ground, crops, railroads, water, and fords
A wide range of bridge types classified to include/exclude certain types of units by weight
Detailed simulation of Normandy's infamous hedgerows ("bocage"), including the explicit simulation of breaching with Rhino tank attachments and engineers
Normandy specific Flavor Objects such as gravestones, haystacks, sheds, wood piles, milestones, propaganda posters and (much) more...

[BUILDINGS]

Generic building blocks up to 8 stories high including dozens of different building styles for dense urban terrains
Individualized "special" buildings including storefronts, shacks, garages, barns and more for ultimate flair and atmosphere of 1944 Normandy
Windows and doors of buildings explicitly simulated, and their placement and appearance editable with most building styles

[SOLDIERS]

Individually tracked and modeled soldiers, including their equipment, ammo and weapons
Dynamic, context sensitive equipment loadouts for individual soldiers depending on what weapon is carried
Graphical display of secondary weapons, such as a shouldered rifle or Panzerfaust
Many new soldier animations, stances and positions, including kneeling and sitting positions for crew served weapons, pistol firing animations, hand grenades throwing, crew functions, first aid, and more...
Soldiers can surrender and possibly "rescued" by friendly units
Automatic and manual ammo sharing between nearby soldiers as well as vehicles
First aid between soldiers ("Buddy aid") helps with the recovery of important weapons and ammo, as well as improving end of battle results

[VEHICLES]

Extremely detailed hi-polygon vehicle 3D models with fully articulated suspensions, animated hatches, MG mounts, smoke launchers, and more
Extensive vehicle damage modeling individually for each sub-system including the most realistic ballistics, armor, and post-armor effects available to date
Ability of passengers to fire out of open topped vehicles (including but not limited to hatches)
Rhino attachments fully simulated and visually depicted for Bocage breaching
Randomly individualized vehicle models including external equipment like sandbags or ammo boxes, damaged fenders, missing or bent armor skirts and more

[WEAPONS]

On-map mortars (hooked up realistically within the command structure)
On-map assets such as mortars and Infantry Guns are able to fire in both direct and indirect modes, using their own spotters or separate forward observers
Weapon crews have specific functions which affect weapon performance
Player-placeable static defenses and fortifications such as bunkers, trenches, barbed wire, "hedgehogs", mines, and more
Highly realistic and easy to use off-map artillery as well as air support, simulating heavy artillery (including naval artillery) as well as strafing and bombing runs by aircraft such as the P51 or FW190
Player-placeable Target Reference Points (TRPs) allow simulating prepared support strikes and ambushes

COMMANDS]

New Scout Team Command sections off 2 men, favoring automatic weapons, to act as scouts
New Driver Team Command allows large passenger units to leave behind one or two Soldiers to drive and/or man the weapon of a transport vehicle (such as a halftrack)

[SIMULATION]

Terrain mesh detailed down to 1 x 1 Meter (horizontal) by 1 Meter (vertical). Combat and movement resolved to partial meters
Deformable terrain, including partial and complete destruction of buildings
Powerful C2 (Command & Control) features controlling flow of battlefield recon information, visibility of units (friendly and enemy), unit cohesion and more
Relative Spotting restricts a unit's battlefield awareness to what it has experienced directly or information passed on through the C2 chain
Stunning high resolution graphics featuring dynamic lighting and object self shadowing, including an entirely new way to display dense foliage
Wide range of weather types and environmental effects, including rain, fog, heavy winds (with ballistic effects), different types of ground conditions, animated water effects, and more...
Posted Image

#2 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:07 AM

Road To Montebourg map:
I wish we would have DH maps looking like this (feature like)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.battlefro.../stuggin it.jpg

http://www.battlefro...5/guillot 4.jpg
Posted Image

#3 Wuk

Wuk

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

Theh. Looks almost as good like DH :P

#4 Kashash

Kashash

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

These screens look pretty good. Back in the days I was big fan of CM and would play against real opponents a lot. Great to see sequel is being made. I wonder how the infantry is gonna behave since now they'll be individually tracked and modeled. In old CM a team was just a 3 men looking pawn, I wonder if now real bullets actually fly and can hit a soldier or will be still like in old CM where there's a firepower system and basically smg or mg always win against rifle squads beacuse of the bigger firepower, but we know from DH how rifles can be deadly weapon and pretty much wins every engagement against smg on any longer distances than 30m.

Thanks for posting Cpl.Guillemette.

#5 Wuk

Wuk

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:39 PM

but we know from DH how rifles can be deadly weapon and pretty much wins every engagement against smg on any longer distances than 30m.

Does not mean it is the realistic way to show it though. Without tourning this in to a "MG discussion" (we have such topics already). I mean as much as I love DH. But it is not perfect ;)

#6 sez_slothrop

sez_slothrop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:36 AM

The demo's out now: http://www.battlefro... ... Itemid=477

#7 Theel

Theel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:54 AM

I knew I'd find a topic on this game here. I'm downloading the demo now. Anyone try it yet? What do you think?

One problem I have with these and other WWII strategy games is usually they are way wide open. Big open fields with tanks mowing down infantry at 500+
meter ranges. Cover is usually non-existent at least visually.

That is why I'm a fan of Close Combat series, I've bought every version :D and enjoy them. I love the new campaigns and now have to put the difficulty way up.

Speaking of WWII strategy games, has anyone tried Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 ?
http://graviteam.com...arkov-1943.html
Posted Image
Current Project: Darkest Hour 6.0

#8 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

I Just installed the Demo
Pre-ordered the game

I'm also a big fan of CC,
I got every version from CC2 to LSA
with the new patch it`s good

But I played the CMSF modern warfare demo of the same engine, and the cover is way better.

Tell me what you think when you have tried it out!

The game should be out in a few days!!

Demo link:http://www.battlefro...=277&Itemid=477
Posted Image

#9 sez_slothrop

sez_slothrop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:09 AM

One problem I have with these and other WWII strategy games is usually they are way wide open. Big open fields with tanks mowing down infantry at 500+
meter ranges. Cover is usually non-existent at least visually.

In my experience with CMx1, infantry out in the open get mulched by tanks, but foxholed infantry in cover can only be thrown out by more infantry. Tanks in DH do the same thing. Today on Gran I spent most of the map in a 75 Sherman turning landsers into rich red paste and finished with 122 points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users