#1 Baker

Baker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

ARMA 3 UNCOVERED!
Posted Image

Bohemia Interactive announces the brand new installment in its hugely successful realistic military simulator series

Prague, Czech Republic 19th May - Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, is pleased to announce the development of Arma 3, the brand new installment in its series of critically acclaimed realistic military simulators.
Combining over 10 years of experience, building upon the strength of its predecessors, and set in the most detailed environment of the series to date, Arma 3 offers gamers radical engine improvements and a unique sandbox-style military gameplay experience.
The next chapter of this stunning military simulation game is scheduled for release exclusively for PC in Summer 2012.

SURVIVE in the rich & authentic environment
ADAPT to the unsurpassed experience of modern ground combat
WIN in the open-ended & story-driven campaign

After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched. A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

Some of the key features of Arma 3 include:

Single-Player Campaign - Evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
Vehicles & Weapons – Control a multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with accurate simulation; shoot anything from pistols to sophisticated weapon platforms.
Physical Simulation & Improved Animations – Take advantage of PhysX™ supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
Rich & Authentic Environment – Explore an unsurpassed military combat experience set on an authentic Mediterranean island modelled from real geographic data.
Multiplayer Gameplay – Experience both cooperative & competitive scenarios with the full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
Completely Extensible & Moddable - Design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.
Customizable Soldier Load - Choose your uniform; assemble your weapon kit; change your load-out; get loaded up.

Bohemia Interactive´s CEO, Marek Spanel, explains: ''We're happy to bring the next generation of the Real Virtuality engine to life. The increased potential of the engine should allow Arma 3 to become our best-looking, most detailed and innovative military simulation game to date.''

Ivan Buchta, Creative Director of Arma 3, adds: ''Our ambition is not only to deliver the next generation of Arma with the improved engine, but also to fully exploit the potential of our new technology in the gameplay. You can look forward to the unique experience of blending sandbox-style combat with a rich story.''

Arma 3 will be featured in private presentations at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) June 7th-9th. Bohemia Interactive will be located in the South Hall in booth #2803.

For more information please visit the game’s website at
http://www.arma3.com

#2 Alvin Fuchs

Alvin Fuchs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

Ugh. Again with the "special forces" and "behind enemy lines".

And I was just getting used to ARMA 2 now that I can run it.
Posted Image

#3 Wuk

Wuk

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

yeah well it is not like summer 2012 is directly around the corner :P

Though ... actually I am missing something in their news. Where is the

- Fixing bugs/better performance.

Joking ? No I mean it seriously. After 10 years of experience they at some point should get the hang out of it. I sure will not buy ANY arma game after half a year has passed and 4-5 patches have seen the light.

Also the 1 or 2 screenshots I have seen are not bad. But dunno. Looks for me very similar to Arma 2. But maybe that is just me. I really hope they also improved on realism. No more "health points" for tanks please ... or what ever kind of strange penetration system they use for the armor in Arma 2.

I am also missing improvements on the AI. While they had an interesting AI it was extremly limited in my eyes. I never had the feeling that their behaviour was anything "realistic".

#4 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:51 AM

I am also missing improvements on the AI. While they had an interesting AI it was extremly limited in my eyes. I never had the feeling that their behaviour was anything "realistic".

They fluctuated from extremely stupid to bionic.

Honestly, when are gamers going to demand less bots and more emphasis put on the multiplayer experience?

#5 Baker

Baker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

If the bots are programmed right, they can be very useful. Especially for little training exercises in which you do not want to have to split your platoon/company.

#6 Wuk

Wuk

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

They fluctuated from extremely stupid to bionic.

Honestly, when are gamers going to demand less bots and more emphasis put on the multiplayer experience?

Well if the Arma people would finally get to give us an interesting and well designed singleplayer. This might be still usefull.

Also it can be fun once in a while to get in a map with 100 people fighting more then 100 bots.

But yeah. As you said the AI in Arma seems to know only 2 situations. From Brain dead to "can smell you from over 2 miles away and kill you with my super sniper inhuman accuracy"

#7 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:58 AM

[youtube:247yb7v4]DKKbisvGspQ[/youtube:247yb7v4]

Screenshots
http://www.zing.cz/s...dex/2625/arma-3

#8 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig