Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

A Spike Lee joint?
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#5 short-fuse

short-fuse

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:21 AM

A couple notes of error... When the p-51 loops over and shoots the 262, totally bogus.. The shear speed of the 262 in that senario would have been a blur.

Once again Hollyweird stretching the fabric of time and space. Talk to some of the P-51 pilots that are here and there. They will tell you that the 262 will flat out leave you in the dust.

Another one.. The doctrite for the 262 pilots wasn't that fancy. Climb behind the bombers, shallow dive beind them, and slowly make their kills from the stern at full speed. Not twisting and turning like a top.

Good story line and much neater than the original but, fails to get the historical fact down in the CGI.

#6 Doggzillen

Doggzillen

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

Then it must be my imagination that P-51s shot down Mig-15's, let alone Me-262. Pilots arent robots, and there was a serious issue with even the most veteran US pilots not realizing that jets cannot be flown like a prop aircraft. A new German pilot would probably not understand the proper usage of the aircraft. Also, there were massive numbers of peacetime deaths of both US and German pilots who were superb prop pilots, you cant expect pilots to be perfect. The first person to make a mistake is the one to die.

In fact, if you knew anything, you would know that the most effective tactic to attack a faster aircraft is to go head on, then turn before you pass each other. The faster aircraft cannot stop and passes the slower one, and it typically takes the faster aircraft 10-30 seconds to get out of the range of a 50 caliber. Even the best pilot cannot get out of the killing envelope of the slower aircraft for at least 3-5 seconds.

#7 short-fuse

short-fuse

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

In fact, if you knew anything, you would know that the most effective tactic to attack a faster aircraft is to go head on, then turn before you pass each other. The faster aircraft cannot stop and passes the slower one, and it typically takes the faster aircraft 10-30 seconds to get out of the range of a 50 caliber. Even the best pilot cannot get out of the killing envelope of the slower aircraft for at least 3-5 seconds.

Well,

Since I don't have a pilots license but I did pilot a PT Stearman for and hour. Does that make me an ace, no. But I did do my research and just wanted to prove you wrong.

http://forum.12ocloc...ead.php?t=17759

Like I said in my post, the doctorate while flying the 262 was to climb high and BEHIND the bombers not face them head on. Read Adolf Gallands book " The First and the Last" and you will get a taste of what it was truly like and not Hollyweirds version...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users