31 replies to this topic

#1 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:48 AM

I used to think I was always on top of all games that were in the WW2 genre. But I admit, this one some how got passed me. But one of the things I do like about this game is an RTS like campaign mode.

Maybe there are some things we can learn from this to make DH2 the king of all WW2 FPS games on the market?

YJV0UhSv4OA

#2 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

Interesting! And it's a danish production :)
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#3 Homuth

Homuth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

That looks really good!
Posted Image

#4 Blueyy

Blueyy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:57 AM

that looks pretty amazing. I hope it leans more to the darkest hour type gameplay/realism balance rather than RO2 :P

#5 Atkins

Atkins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

Don't get your hopes up. Atm the game is very, very arcadish. It is like DoD:S meets WoT and FH2. Tank driving is mostly done from Mario Kart perspective and the aiming system is just point and click basically. No where near as realistic as RO1/DH has atm.

Anyway, there is some chance that the devs might deviate from the current arcade style gameplay...

Btw, they give alpha keys every week, so register at their site and just wait.

#6 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

Don't get your hopes up. Atm the game is very, very arcadish. It is like DoD:S meets WoT and FH2. Tank driving is mostly done from Mario Kart perspective and the aiming system is just point and click basically. No where near as realistic as RO1/DH has atm.

Anyway, there is some chance that the devs might deviate from the current arcade style gameplay...

Btw, they give alpha keys every week, so register at their site and just wait.

How would you know the game is "arcadish" if it hasn't even been released yet?

#7 Basnett

Basnett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

Chances are he's been in the alpha.

#8 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Isn't this browser based? :?

Posted Image

#9 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:02 AM

Article discussing H&G.
http://www.rockpaper... ... -generals/

#10 Atkins

Atkins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

Isn't this browser based? :?

It just starts from a browser but there is a separate .exe that it runs from iirc.

that looks pretty amazing. I hope it leans more to the darkest hour type gameplay/realism balance rather than RO2 :P

The graphics are actually not that good when u r in-game. Atm the gameplay leans totally away from DH and RO2. It is fast paced DoD meets Mario Kart arcade game atm. But it is still only in alpha phase so everything is possible (keeping fingers crossed).

Most of the community members seem to be from ww2online and/or from RO/DH so the community is at least trying to push the devs to the "right direction" but i am a bit pessimistic and predict that the game will stay as an arcade shooter and the target audience is going to be adhd-generation.

#11 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

Most of the community members seem to be from ww2online

I noticed that. I much rather their forums have COD fanboys, because at least you know the game will be run-in-gun, but fun. With the WWIIONLINE community, you will have a game that utterly sucks and is void of realism and historical accuracy. I mean, look at what their feedback turned WWIIONLINE into. The game is a time machine of how graphics were in 1999.

But if the game turns into utter crap, then we all have ourselves too blame for not proving feedback. While I love DH and know we have something to fall back on, I would like there too be more choices for us realism/tank whores. Then again, if it fails, DH has a lot to gain from it. =]

#12 Atkins

Atkins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

I would like there too be more choices for us realism/tank whores.

If this is the reason for your enthusiasm for H&G, then I would say that be prepared to be disappointed.

#13 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

I would like there too be more choices for us realism/tank whores.

If this is the reason for your enthusiasm for H&G, then I would say that be prepared to be disappointed.

This is a portion of an email that I received from the developer. So I guess you are correct that this game is going to be another huge disappointment to those looking for realism or historical accuracy. It's probably going to fail like RO2 or turn out to be WWIIONLINE with just better graphics.

Our goal is not to create a simulation game. We wish to create a somewhat arcadey shooter with realistic elements such as a realistic ballistics system, a fairly realistic vehicle handling system, etc. We won't go all out CoD, and we won't go all out WWII Online. I guess that we're somewhere in between. But what we do have is the Strategic Resource Management game on top of the shooter.

Obviously the developers of H&G didn't get the memo that building a game for both the realism/historical accuracy seeking gamer and the COD gamer never works, ending in a failure of a game that neither group likes.

#14 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

Not sure how to take this new news.

Posted Image

Let me start out by saying that our current implementation of vehicle armor is hitpoint based and therefor the techniques used are very much meant to support this approach.

http://www.heroesand... ... rmor-model

Posted Image

#15 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:13 AM

Posted Image

#16 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:32 AM

Huh, .50 cal?

Posted Image

#17 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

Huh, .50 cal?

That's what I said. lol

Posted Image

#18 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

Look closely at the cheesy explosions and laser thingy that trails behind anything thrown or shot out of a barrel. [insert random face palm image here]

_9Fyy27KcEU

Edited by Hans Ludwig, 09 March 2012 - 01:42 AM.

#19 Basnett

Basnett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

What an disappointing trailer. Not a fan of the obviously arcade elements like trails (even on grenades, really?) and the ridiculous load speeds of the rocket weapons. The explosions are cheesy, I wish people would realize that fragmentation grenades don't create massive fireballs.

Anyone else notice how closely the HUD resembles that of RO and DH?

#20 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

LIGPAWBKP0c

Edited by Hans Ludwig, 09 March 2012 - 01:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users