31 replies to this topic

#21 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

Damn you danish developers! Y u no make it right?!
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#22 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

Damn you danish developers! Y u no make it right?!

lol

#23 Kugelfische

Kugelfische

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I'm currently in the beta testing of this game.. I can't really say I'm impressed by H&G, it has(i thought it had)good potential at least. But right now it looks like the watered down simplified arcade mush we're all so used to see in most games today, and when i found out to my own displeasure that the k98 needed two F#@*ing shots to kill an enemy, I sighed in discontent.. DOD:S also had that, but it was close quarters only. Also the ridiculous pay2win get gold for real money, upgrade features.. ugh don't even get me started.

Games are not as good as they used to be(Including: dat ro2 letdown), But hopefully! Festung Europa will change this. :)

#24 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I'm currently in the beta testing of this game.. I can't really say I'm impressed by H&G, it has(i thought it had)good potential at least. But right now it looks like the watered down simplified arcade mush we're all so used to see in most games today, and when i found out to my own displeasure that the k98 needed two F#@*ing shots to kill an enemy, I sighed in discontent.. DOD:S also had that, but it was close quarters only. Also the ridiculous pay2win get gold for real money, upgrade features.. ugh don't even get me started.

I tried to stay open-minded to H&G, but I just simply can't be bothered to a play a game through a browser. I hate the clown cars on steroids in that game. Because of the clown cars, everyone just rides around from objective to objective and back again capping and recapping as the enemy passes you up to hopefully go to an objective you aren't at. You have massive amounts of fighter aircraft spam. There is ZERO tactical game play! Tanks blow up way too easy. The weapons are nerfed or underpowered. Once all is said in done, I realized I'm just not interested.

#25 RedZeppelin

RedZeppelin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Played the "Beta"of H&G last night for a while. The graphics are amazing, but then you realize that you have to turn them down to LOW to make it playable. Maybe they'll optimize, but jeez, why bother with sizzle if it ruins the game?

Overall, the experience felt choppy, and the several maps I played on didn't inspire any tactics mostly just camping. I came away with a feeling that it's kinda sad that so much dev time can go into a game and it's still no where near as satisfying as DH...

One thing to look at for DH2/FE is the way they handle maps though... It's pretty slick. The map is literally an item your avatar carries, so if you look at it while you're running, it'll be bobbing up and down unusable... It's a nice touch. But functionality-wise, they allow you to pick spawns by clicking on the map, and spawn progressions are linked. It really adds a lot to give you a sense for the overall strategy that is supposed to be taking place.

There's also a neat UI addition when you cock your arm back to throw a grenade showing the intended trajectory. I know this is not DH-style, and I don't like other HUD-type things either, but this seemed like a good way to balance out the disconnect the player has from his avatar. Throwing grenades in DH is often very inaccurate, whereas the avatar would actually be able to "know" or "feel" better when it's going to land than we would as the player... Not sure if that makes any sense...

#26 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

One thing to look at for DH2/FE is the way they handle maps though... It's pretty slick. The map is literally an item your avatar carries, so if you look at it while you're running, it'll be bobbing up and down unusable... It's a nice touch. But functionality-wise, they allow you to pick spawns by clicking on the map, and spawn progressions are linked. It really adds a lot to give you a sense for the overall strategy that is supposed to be taking place.

I love the map and how you still had a little bit of situational awareness while looking at it. You felt connected to your avatar because of it. But I remember it feeling a bit too interactive for my liking. It was almost like I had an iPad instead of a map, if that makes sense.

However, the environment very much felt like Europe and loved the colors they used for it, almost giving it a BoB feel to it.

#27 RedZeppelin

RedZeppelin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Ha, definitely more of an iPad than a real map. :)

#28 Rico

Rico

• Festung Europa Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

Vietcong (2003) already had this and I'm not even sure it was the first game.
Posted Image

#29 SilentAssassin

SilentAssassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

This game was just released on Steam. Just thought I should update the thread if anybody wants to try it without using a browser.

#30 Nixod321

Nixod321

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:28 AM

I liked it just for it's difference to more realistic games like RO1/2 and DH. I like having a balance between styles of games. It's certainly not perfect, but there are certainly things I like in it.

#31 Snuffeldjuret

Snuffeldjuret

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

7000 player peak, quite a lot I guess =).
Posted Image

#32 SolitarioSoldat

SolitarioSoldat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

7000 player peak, quite a lot I guess =).

been playing the game for 2-3 days, its realistic game except if u over look the crosshair, but then the crosshair is not helpful at all due to bullet spread, got to aim most of the time. I like the game so far even though is in BETA and is far away from being polished, but for sure way more polished than RO2 6 months after release.... Who ever works on this game knows he got skills and good ideas to build WW2 game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users