15 replies to this topic

#1 Hells High

Hells High

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

Hey guys,

My name is Ryan Cameron, aka Hells High aka Foist. I am a 3d animator first and foremost, but I also dabble in texturing, sound creation, and mapping. I work primarily in the Source engine, but hope to branch out. I will be attending a new media college for 3d animation/modelling/2d animation etc in September, they postponed classes last year so I have had a year to work on my hobby and try some new things out.

When I was about 10 or so I started doing Flash animation on friend's version of Flash 5. I grew up through the "golden age" of Flash animation, as it were. A few years ago I started doing some 3d on a mod called Resistance & Liberation, while simultaneously learning how to animate. After a while, development died out due to a bug that made the game ugly and barely playable; another animator moved in and picked up where I left off. My work includes: M1 Garand (fixes, revamping the bayonet animations, made a brand new midclip reload animation), M1A1 Carbine (full set, first 3d animation work), and the BAR (full set). This was when I was still JUST learning, so work from me was slow and I was always fixing things I didn't like. I hated to put out anything I felt looked bad. Thats why my work one the mod isn't too extensive.

Now, I'm pretty much whiling way the time doing custom CS:S content and any mod work that might come my way until September.

Anyway, my stuff can be viewed on my Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/foist101 Quality is basically what you'd expect, the further back you go the worse the animations get. My personal favorite animation I've EVER done is the sprint animation for RnL's B.A.R.: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfpASKuMZPw Out of everything I've done I am most proud of that one sprint animation, for some reason.

Cheers, lemme know what you think!

Hells High

#2 Shurek

Shurek

Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

You should have received a PM from our project lead.

3ka2.png

#3 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

Nice work. I never actually got to play RnL with a lot of players. it felt a bit clunky for me but those animations you made are really awesome.
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#4 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

Nice work. I never actually got to play RnL with a lot of players. it felt a bit clunky for me but those animations you made are really awesome.

I like how slow the animation is.

#5 Hells High

Hells High

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

You should have received a PM from our project lead.

Honored. I shot a PM back explaining some things as well, hope to hear from you guys soon.

I remember watching a video narrated by a Mike Majoris where he showed Hell's Highway's animations and the smoke that came out of the barrel of the BAR.

Its actually just Hells High, but no worries ;]. Also, the only animations that were done by me were the BAR, the M1A1 Carbine, the G43, and the midclip reload on the M1 Garand. The fists and machine guns were done by another animator, and everything else was done prior to my joining the team. The BAR animations in that video were pretty old as well, the new ones can be seen here:

xfpASKuMZPw

The switch to the Orange Box engine really messed us up, introduced a massive latency bug deeply rooted in the Source engine. It essentially killed an already slow development. :[ Alpha gameplay was much smoother, less clunky though it had a lot of prototype systems that added some clunkiness. The last thing I was working on was the grenade system we had planned since the beginning.

#6 Lowes

Lowes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

I remember mourning the death of the Alpha grenade system when the Beta came out. Mike Lebson still on the team or did he split?
Posted Image

#7 Leo

Leo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Great animation :)

Posted Image
Programmer - Jackboot Games

#8 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

All those new guys! Hi!
Posted Image

#9 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Wow Leo and Hells High are on the team now.
Posted Image

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#10 Leo

Leo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

Hey guys, Hi!

Yes I had the opportunity to be part of this great project. I'll be one of the coder guy :)

Posted Image
Programmer - Jackboot Games

#11 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

Hey guys, Hi!

Yes I had the opportunity to be part of this great project. I'll be one of the coder guy :)

Someone needs to make some JBG Signatures or something.
Posted Image

#12 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

Someone needs to make some JBG Signatures or something.

Patience my young Biermann. :hug:

#13 Hells High

Hells High

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

I remember mourning the death of the Alpha grenade system when the Beta came out. Mike Lebson still on the team or did he split?

That rudimentary work around/placeholder/prototype? ^_^ The current beta system is an unfinished product, with a much more indepth system just needing some more animations/to be implemented. To give you an idea, here's the animation files I created just for the Mk2 Pineapple: http://img854.images...42/26139727.jpg

Lebson is still around, just bogged down with school and other life stuff like the rest of us; I'm not sure if he plans to work on it anymore or not though . Still a team, just not a whole lot of work going on right now.

#14 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

That rudimentary work around/placeholder/prototype? ^_^ The current beta system is an unfinished product, with a much more indepth system just needing some more animations/to be implemented. To give you an idea, here's the animation files I created just for the Mk2 Pineapple: http://img854.images...42/26139727.jpg

Lebson is still around, just bogged down with school and other life stuff like the rest of us; I'm not sure if he plans to work on it anymore or not though . Still a team, just not a whole lot of work going on right now.

They should give up on RnL and help FE.

:D
Posted Image

#15 Lowes

Lowes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Its good to hear that there is still work going on for RnL actually; the mod still has so much unrealized potential, so its good to hear its going, if slowly. Regardless, welcome to the JBG team and community man, can't wait to see what you bring to FE.
Posted Image

#16 Kugelfische

Kugelfische

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

They should give up on RnL and help FE.

"Surrender now maggots and you will not be harmed!"

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users