Photo
- - - - -

Which map would you like to see in Festung Europa?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

I like abuse
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#42 Bagration

Bagration

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Will Caen from DH be recycled, in some form or another, into FE? It was an excellent map with the latest DH update, sad that it wasnt popular (not that many people playing DH in general at that time).

#43 Rico

Rico

• Festung Europa Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

It was an excellent map with the latest DH update, sad that it wasnt popular (not that many people playing DH in general at that time).

I personally would like to see Caen make an appearance in FE - for example a scenario based on the actions of the II. Battalion, Grenadier Regiment 980 of the 272. Infantry Division, defending the southern parts of the city arround the three Orne bridges and the railway station against 5 Allied divisions in July/August...

The city is big enough so one could actually have two Caen maps covering different parts of the city that would play very differently from each other :]

#44 lazerBAR

lazerBAR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

I would really like Hurtgen forest(is that how you spell it?) in the game. I loved that map.

#45 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

Will Caen from DH be recycled, in some form or another, into FE? It was an excellent map with the latest DH update, sad that it wasnt popular (not that many people playing DH in general at that time).

I honestly don't remember that map. Then again there weren't many servers running other custom maps.

Like Rico said, I would love to see a map or maps based off of Caen. When I'm in the mood for some house to house fighting, I'm sure Caen could produce one hell of an experience.

#46 exocet

exocet

Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

LOL Hans Caen was a Stock map I know I made it.
As we are doing the sector around caen I would be very surprised if we didn't have at least one caen map in teh release.
Posted Image

Day Z, which is essentially a walking-forever-to-find-a-can-of-beans simulator.

#47 Bagration

Bagration

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

LOL Hans Caen was a Stock map I know I made it.
As we are doing the sector around caen I would be very surprised if we didn't have at least one caen map in teh release.

Posted Image

#48 Lamb

Lamb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Initial Release: Merville, Juno Beach (Mike Red), Juno Beach (Nan Red), Capriquet Airfield, Pegasus Bridge, Breville, Putot-en-Bessin, Verrières, Hill 262, Rauray Spur.

1st Update (Minor, maps and bug fixes only): Bolougne, Le Havre, Operation Infatuate, Walcheren Causeway, Arnhem, Oosterbeek, Ginkel Heath, Reichswald.

2nd Update (Major): American Textures, Sounds, Weapons, Vehicles etc. etc. Carentan Causeway, Dog Green, Vierville, Chambois, Cherbourg, Brest.

Seems I may have to have sex with darkest nation while razor sprays us with whipped cream. But thats fine.

#49 exocet

exocet

Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Initial Release: Merville, Juno Beach (Mike Red), Juno Beach (Nan Red), Capriquet Airfield, Pegasus Bridge, Breville, Putot-en-Bessin, Verrières, Hill 262, Rauray Spur.

1st Update (Minor, maps and bug fixes only): Bolougne, Le Havre, Operation Infatuate, Walcheren Causeway, Arnhem, Oosterbeek, Ginkel Heath, Reichswald.

2nd Update (Major): American Textures, Sounds, Weapons, Vehicles etc. etc. Carentan Causeway, Dog Green, Vierville, Chambois, Cherbourg, Brest.

Way to plan our future Lamb lol.
Posted Image

Day Z, which is essentially a walking-forever-to-find-a-can-of-beans simulator.

#50 Dodenburg

Dodenburg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

1) St Lambert tractable 2) La Feuillie 3) Hill 112 4) Vieux 5) Bridgehead, Dh version, or reskined to fit into normandy theatre 6) Cambes en Plaine. There are others, but i forgot the names :( Simply all bigger tank or CA maps. Nothing so small like Maupertus or Donner.
Posted Image
2./SS-Panzer Regiment 2 "Das Reich" Panzer 244 "Adelhaide"

#51 warrdogg

warrdogg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

I know FE is focusing on Normandy, but I would love to see maps for the Battle of the Scheldt for future releases. Having infantry being transported across water by Buffalo or being supported by Wasp's would provide new terrain to attack and defend.

#52 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

I want to see a redux of Vieux with the design emphasis on the tactical movement of the mechanized infantry from village to village, proper tank load outs / limits for each side, the removal of the odd Orne bridge and Crossing objectives (which siphons off players from the action at the center of the map), and locking it out from people making shitty heavy versions of the map.

Posted Image

#53 Kashash

Kashash

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

I want to see a redux of Vieux with the design emphasis on the tactical movement of the mechanized infantry from village to village, proper tank load outs / limits for each side, the removal of the odd Orne bridge and Crossing objectives (which siphons off players from the action at the center of the map), and locking it out from people making shitty heavy versions of the map.

This! I've always had this on my mind! Like a little kampfgruppe supporting one another while advancing forward and facing various enemy field guns, machine guns and riflemen squads lurking in bushes, treelines, anywhere <100, 200m away! I just hope they'll fix the unrealistic usage of halftracks where in DH players would use it to drive fast to the objective doing this zig-zag movements to avoid getting hit and making a quick disembarkment right at the objective.

#54 Dietrich Landrik

Dietrich Landrik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

Wonder what a Vieux Recon redux would look like in the CryEngine3. Would love to walk a patrol on that map! Speaking of which, I hope some certain things such as character illumination at distance isn't there (like how it was in DH). Perhaps next screenies you show us "enemies in the distance"?
Posted Image
"Nach Drill und Dreck, Gibt's Erbsen mit Speck, Aus der Gulaschkanone~"

#55 Svensson

Svensson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

I want a remake of hill 400 and I also want maps covering the battle for Brest taking us to points like hill 105,hill 90 and finally into the city.
It could even be like a small multiplayer campaign if you played those 3 maps in a row.

#56 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

I personally would love to know what Sepp's maps would look like in FE. =]

#57 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

I would like a few maps of Villages around Caen then a few varaitions of Caen itself, Day, Night, different areas of the city etc..
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#58 Sebastian Wolf

Sebastian Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hmm, what map.. that's a hard one..

I have to agree with Biermann, some big open maps around Normandie would be fantastic!
I miss the rain.

Chambes-en-Plaine and Vieux are maps that I wouldn't mind seeing.
Been a while since I played those maps, but I thought boths maps feature the Americans instead of the commonwealth?
Posted Image

#59 Otto Fuhrmann

Otto Fuhrmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Vieux is a Commonwealth sector map, but Jolly Rogers and others do as they always do and jam it full of US tanks and crew classes. That's probably why you've seen it as American.

I'd like to see some medium to large combined arms maps with lots of different types of terrain.

Posted Image
SS-Scharführer Otto Führmann

A Knight without armour in a savage land.

#60 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

I'd like to see some medium to large combined arms maps with lots of different types of terrain.

I always preferred Medium sized combined arms maps like Putot-en-Bessin, I never really liked maps that had over half the players in vehicles. I always preferred 1 - 3 tanks on a side, but the majority of the players were infantry.
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users