• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Leo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

I guess you guys must already have heard about this mod which is making quite the buzz over the internet.

Welcome to Chernarus. A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.
Go Solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.

Basically a zombie survivor sandbox game set on the huge Arma2 map. You can kill or team up with other survivor, loot equipment, explore, repair vehicles with part found around the world etc... The most amazing thing in my opinion is that it's a one man mod and the world is persistent, like an MMO. When you die you lose all your equipment and respawn somewhere else.

This mod requires ArmA II: CO to be played
More info at http://www.dayzmod.com

Posted Image
Programmer - Jackboot Games

#2 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

Damn you Leo! You've just made me shell out 25 euro for the ArmaII/ArmaII:OA! :D

Looking forward to trying it!
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#3 Leo

Leo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

Haha, really sorry, I myself bought Operation Arrowhead ;)

Posted Image
Programmer - Jackboot Games

#4 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about this mod. I liked it at first when it felt like it was about your avatar trying to stay alive, looking for food and weapons and kill zombies. Now it feels like zombies are the least of my worries. I now have to worry about gangs of players looking to kill me so they can get a can of beans or three extra rounds.

#5 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about this mod. I liked it at first when it felt like it was about your avatar trying to stay alive, looking for food and weapons and kill zombies. Now it feels like zombies are the least of my worries. I now have to worry about gangs of players looking to kill me so they can get a can of beans or three extra rounds.

That's what makes it so great IMO. The fact that you're really paranoid while playing. You never know who to trust. Also the fact that the players create the story makes it really interesting to me.
But what a fukkin' hassle it is to get on a server! jeez -_-
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#6 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

That's what makes it so great IMO. The fact that you're really paranoid while playing. You never know who to trust. Also the fact that the players create the story makes it really interesting to me.
But what a fukkin' hassle it is to get on a server! jeez -_-

For some weird reason I really like being able to load things in my pack and discard (or try to) those items that you feel aren't as important to your survival (road flares). I would love to see more kit management in FE like you are able to do in Arma2.

But yeah, I'm paranoid as shit while playing that game. After posting my initial gripe about the game morphing into something a little less zombie like, I've noticed now people are seeking out friends to join a server with so there is more protection against zombies and those looking to kill you for your loot, which is quit an interesting dynamic that the mod has opened up in terms of human psychology.

#7 Atkins

Atkins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

DayZ was a blessing to Arma2. Cos of DayZ Arma2 has been the most sold game in Steam for month or 2 now and there has been over half a million ppl who have tried DayZ. Before Dayz Arma2 had about 1000 peak players daily and now it is over 20000. Modding ftw!

I have to admit that I got bored to DayZ after few months. When u have run the 15km x 15km map from one end to another for tens of times and pretty much only thing left is just to kill other human players, well I decided I might just go play PR:A2 which is pure PvP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users