5 replies to this topic

#1 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

This seems like a much more streamlined and enjoyable alternative to Day Z. Not only that, I think it looks so far (and I have yet to play it) like a better zombie experience simulator. I have also read that the map is something like 400 sq km.

6-x4zSFvSQI

#2 Otto Fuhrmann

Otto Fuhrmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

It is a very good game. It is quite hard, but rewarding.

Posted Image
SS-Scharführer Otto Führmann

A Knight without armour in a savage land.

#3 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

It is a very good game. It is quite hard, but rewarding.

From watching this video a few others on Youtube, the Zombies just don't feel like they are a threat. At least in Day Z the zombies run pretty fast and can swarm you.

#4 The_Walrus

The_Walrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

In this they can swarm you too, in the last couple patches they made the zombies harder.

#5 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

From watching this video a few others on Youtube, the Zombies just don't feel like they are a threat. At least in Day Z the zombies run pretty fast and can swarm you.

You talk as if the Zombies were a threat in Day Z. Day Z was more of a massive pvp skirmish on a giant map, Zombies were hardly ever a threat.
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#6 Otto Fuhrmann

Otto Fuhrmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Most of those videos are early alpha though, the last patch has made them a lot more dangerous, Only the other day Myself and Helskga (The_Walrus) watched from a nearby hill as a bandit was attacked and swarmed by about a dozen zombies up in a guard tower and he had automatic weapons but they did little to save him. Looting his body was a score for us, but it just showed us to make sure we have an escape route before we go scavenging the towns. They may not be much on there own, but in a group it is hard, and sometimes you may not want to use a firearm to kill them, if your lucky enough to have one as the sound attracts enemies, and they may not always be zombies. They are also really dangerous at night time as it is far to dangerous to use your flashlight when trying to see where you are going. It would attract unwanted human attention as you can imagine.

Posted Image
SS-Scharführer Otto Führmann

A Knight without armour in a savage land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users