• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RedZeppelin

RedZeppelin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

The bullet drop on the Mosin vs. the other sniper rifles (particularly the German one) is radically different. The Mosin seems to have very little drop, whereas with the German rifle, I really need to aim way above the target even at medium ranges... Is that intentional? Is it accurate? I'm coming from RO2... Is there a way to adjust the scope? I find that I'm quite effective as a Russian sniper, but not so much with the other nationalities...

#2 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

The Mosin isn't originally in Darkest Hour. The Mosin was ported back into the game with Darkest Orchestra. The K98 use to be just as accurate as the Mosin before in DH but it was updated and made a lot more inaccurate at long ranges, The Mosins accuracy was not changed when ported over with DO, So its like a laser beam like the K98 use to be. I'm pretty sure the Mosin will be changed to be just as accurate as the K98 in the next version of DO.
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#3 Theel

Theel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Or the K98 sniper and Springfield made to be as accurate as the RO Scoped MN?
Posted Image
Current Project: Darkest Hour 6.0

#4 RedZeppelin

RedZeppelin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

Got it. Honestly, I'd rather see the other rifles go toward the Mosin than the other way around. At least as far as "fun" and "gameplay" go, it's certainly more fun to be aiming at your target rather than aiming so far above your target that the actual gun body obscures the target. Especially given that you cannot currently adjust the scopes in DH... Anyway, my two cents.

The Mosin isn't originally in Darkest Hour. The Mosin was ported back into the game with Darkest Orchestra. The K98 use to be just as accurate as the Mosin before in DH but it was updated and made a lot more inaccurate at long ranges, The Mosins accuracy was not changed when ported over with DO, So its like a laser beam like the K98 use to be. I'm pretty sure the Mosin will be changed to be just as accurate as the K98 in the next version of DO.

#5 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

ah shit I was just talking about the normal rifles accuracy. Not the bullet drop of the Sniper Rifles. I honestly don't notice any major changes to the bullet drop of the K98 scoped. It feels the same as it did in RO but then again I don't go Sniper a lot.
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#6 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Having adjustable sniper scope reticles in DO would be boss!

Posted Image

#7 Theel

Theel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

I'm pretty sure the issue I have with the GE and US snipers in DH is the bullet speed. You have to unrealistically lead targets, sometimes with the lag it's so bad, it'd be best to have iron-sights. Though I guess I have mixed feeling about it all, because I hate it when the sniper is all powerful. I like the sniper to have a challenge, but sadly any draw-backs you give him is "unrealistic". Like me personally would like to see the sniper only gain points for SLs and Officers/Tank Commanders. Also start with lower ammo amounts to indicate he's already been battling. And finally take a bit longer to sight in and not able to sight under-fire, this being the most important. If those 3 things were implemented, I wouldn't have a problem with making the sniper rifle a powerful tool like it should be.
Posted Image
Current Project: Darkest Hour 6.0

#8 Sierra74

Sierra74

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Having adjustable sniper scope reticles in DO would be boss!

Agreed.

Like me personally would like to see the sniper only gain points for SLs and Officers/Tank Commanders. Also start with lower ammo amounts to indicate he's already been battling. And finally take a bit longer to sight in and not able to sight under-fire, this being the most important. If those 3 things were implemented, I wouldn't have a problem with making the sniper rifle a powerful tool like it should be.

How about giving a point for killing vital roles such as SLs, MGers, Snipers, etc. and for other roles giving 1 point every two kills.
BTW not being able to sight under-fire sounds somewhat too artificial. You can't sight properly anyway because of the blur effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users