Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

1C Announces Partnership with 777 Studios to create 1C Game Studios

MOSCOW, Russia – December 11, 2012 – Leading Eastern and Central European publisher, 1C Company, is proud to announce that it has partnered with award winning developer 777 Studios to form a joint venture and new studio named 1C Game Studios. This new studio is set to create IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad, a new sequel to the award-winning WWII combat flight simulator IL-2 Sturmovik. 1C is the owner of the best-selling IL-2 Sturmovik franchise of combat flight simulators and 777 Studios is the developer of the popular and technologically advanced WWI flight simulator Rise of Flight: The First Great Air war.

"1C is proud to take the next step in flight-simulation history with 777 Studios, a company and team that has grown to be one of the best flight-simulation developers in the world and has proven that their attention to detail and product quality speaks volumes about their talent and dedication,” said Nikolay Baryshnikov, VP of 1C Company. “We look forward to bringing a new era of development and spirit of enjoyment to the combat flight-simulation community together."

This venture brings two of the world’s leading combat flight-simulation franchises and development teams together under one banner to form a new, dynamic team led by 777 Studios management. Giving respect to the roots of the IL-2 Sturmovik series, the partnership will start with the development of Battle of Stalingrad which focuses on the Eastern Front air war during the titanic struggle over the industrial city of Stalingrad in 1942-43. The battle of Stalingrad was an important turning point for both the Soviet and German armies in WWII, with the air war playing an important role in the outcome.

Jason Williams, President of 777 Studios, had this to say, "The 777 Studios team is very excited to be partnering with such a publisher and developer like 1C. Their passion and support for PC combat flight-simulation as well as historical warfare titles has always been a blessing to these genres and we look forward to producing an excellent product for the Sturmovik legacy and continuing to bring additional content to our existing Rise of Flight product line."

This partnership is also a turning point for the combat flight simulation genre that will streamline development of flight-simulation products and allow collaboration between former competitors. The outcome should be increased opportunities for combat flight simulation fans to enjoy their passion while also increasing the likelihood of success in the marketplace. Both 1C and 777 Studios see the flight-simulation genre as an important one for PC gaming with a dedicated fan-base that is eager to support interesting and immersive products. 1C Company is located in Moscow with offices throughout Europe and 777 Studios is headquartered in Southern California with development teams in Russia and Ukraine.

Battle of Stalingrad will include both single-player and multi-player scenarios for virtual pilots to enjoy as well as brand new gameplay modes. Initial client release is slated for early 2014 with add-on content and additional features and theatres to follow. IL-2 Sturmovik is an award winning WWII flight-simulator video game franchise and includes such bestselling titles as IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles, Pacific Fighters, 1946 and Cliffs of Dover. IL-2 Sturmovik titles feature intense aerial combat and dozens of historically accurate warplanes and missions. Named in honor of the famous Soviet Ilyushin IL-2 ground-attack fighter, the Sturmovik series features all major theatres in WWII, from the freezing eastern front to carrier combat in the vast pacific theatre. The IL-2 Sturmovik series of titles is widely regarded as the standard by which all other combat flight-simulators are measured and remains a top seller worldwide.

http://il2sturmovik.net/

#2 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Seems the game is now known as il2: Battle of Stalingrad. Here are some new in-game screenshots of some Russian and German aircraft.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 lazerBAR

lazerBAR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

Looks nice except for the censorship.

#4 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

Looks nice except for the censorship.

That's something that has always bothered me. Just the whole idea of censoring something like that makes it super creepy. It's almost like it draws more attention to it than if symbol was just left on for everyone to see. Now my eyes just get drawn into this weird symbol that makes no sens on the tail of the aircraft. Even if I didn't know what was supposed to be there, I would still be thinking to myself that is one dumb looking box symbol.

I'm actually quite excited to see what the developers of RoF can do with this game. I admit, I've tried playing RoF, but I'm just not that interested in WW1. It's shame actually.

#5 lazerBAR

lazerBAR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

"But what ends when the symbols are gone?"

#6 Serathis

Serathis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Always thought War Thunder was the sequel to IL2 :)
Bloody screen! So real.

#7 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

Always thought War Thunder was the sequel to IL2 :)

I remember that Oleg Maddox did confirm that Gaijin Entertainment is using/licensing the il2 engine for WoP. I'm not sure if that holds true for War Thunder, a name I really hate. It sounds like a 5 year old kid made it up in the school play ground.

#8 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

New videos released yesterday.

TwrPU-xW2-8

#9 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

That is insanely good looking.
Posted Image

#10 Dietrich Landrik

Dietrich Landrik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

Makes me feel like I'm a few thousand feet in the air. Very nice!

EDIT: Just read above and a game based on Stalingrad? Bonus points!

I've read some things about Russian pilots trying to do quick strafing missions and would break for base anytime they would catch the sight of a 109 early in the battle. Also, the flak screen over Stalingrad that the Stukas had to dive through was immense. I wonder if there would be a mission where you're a JU-52 pilot dropping off supplies into the kessel and dodging arty on the strip.
Posted Image
"Nach Drill und Dreck, Gibt's Erbsen mit Speck, Aus der Gulaschkanone~"

#11 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

Here is another video. https://docs.google....GMGM/edit?pli=1

#12 Bagration

Bagration

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Very nice, this brings back good memories from the old, previous IL2.

#13 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Another video.
vR7O9fmyJwE

#14 Porsche

Porsche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

Be aware guys that they released the first game half finished. I am hoping for the best here.

#15 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

Be aware guys that they released the first game half finished. I am hoping for the best here.

Il2: Stalingrad is being developed by the guys that brought us RoF, the 777 Studios team. Il2: COD was created by Oleg Maddox and his team.

I believe recently some of the former developers on Oleg's team are allegedly working on a new WW2 flight sim, which was reported on a few weeks on on the Sukhoi.ru forums.

#16 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

c4014tNwcao

There is now a pre-order page that has been set up over at www.il2sturmovik.com along with this promo video.

#17 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

That's something that has always bothered me. Just the whole idea of censoring something like that makes it super creepy.

This.

EDIT: Just read above and a game based on Stalingrad? Bonus points!

I think for TWI it was their biggest mistake to make RO2 Stalingrad only, so this is not good news for me.

#18 Dietrich Landrik

Dietrich Landrik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

Plenty of great games were theatre specific... including our own FE.

#19 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Plenty of great games were theatre specific... including our own FE.

But they have not denied other theatres :wink:

#20 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

Double post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users