2. Fallschirmjäger Division [2.FJ_Div.]
4 replies to this topic
Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:45 PM
The 2. Fallschirmjäger Division is a newly formed Axis realism unit that follows the footsteps of the real 2. Fallschirmjäger Division.
We are a small division with only 8 members, two of which have military experience serving in their respective countries. We are hoping to grow and become an elite realism unit and fight in battles against Allied realism units and fight alongside other Axis units.
What We Are Looking For:
- Recruits to fill the regiments within our Division.
- Dedicated players willing to participate in trainings, events and pub battles.
- Players with an interest in WWII history.
- No particular skill level, we can train even new players to a high level.
- Mature players.
- You must have Teamspeak 3 or be willing to get it. A microphone/headset will be needed but we can wait until members get one.
- You must be at least 16 (exceptions may be made for mature younger members capable of following orders)
- You MUST speak English.
What We Have To Offer:
- A friendly environment full of WWII realism, entertainment and most of all fun.
- Opportunities to rise through the ranks of the 2. Fallschirmjäger Division.
- Training from people with knowledge of WWII Wehrmacht and Fallschirmjäger tactics as well as training from ex-servicemen.
- Accurate portrayal of a Fallschirmjäger Division.
- Varied and in-depth knowledge of WWII German military history.
PM me on the forums with the following questions answered with none left incomplete. Failure to complete the application in full by even missing one question will render you application invalid.
1. Realism Name: (First and Last and please no infamous German names (Gestapo, NSDAP, SS/Waffen SS), be it from history or movies)
2. Age: (Age restriction of 16 and up is in place, unless proven mature and able to follow orders)
4. SteamID: (The name you use to log into steam)
5. Previous realism units/clans:
6. Were you dishonorably discharged from any of the above units/clans:
7. What does a realism game mean to you: (A paragraph minimum is required)
8. How much time per week do you have to commit to the 2. Fallschirmjäger Division:
9. What made you decide to join the Fallschirmjäger Division: (A paragraph is required)
10. Do you have a working microphone, if not when can we expect you to have one: (Required)
11: What is your preferred weapon in-game:
History of the 2. Fallschirmjäger Division from 1944-1945:
After serving in Northern Italy and in the Eastern Front in 1943 and early 1944 the Division was removed from the frontline and sent to Cologne to resupply and reinforce. On the 6th of June, during the D-Day invasion of Normandy, the 2nd Fallschirmjäger Division's veteran 6th Fallschirmjäger Regiment stationed in Carentan engaged the American 101st Airborne Division throughout Carentan, including the vicious battle of Saint-Lô. On the 13th of June, 1944 the remainder of the 2nd was deployed to Brest in Western France to engage Allied forces pushing through from Normandy. The first elements of the Division arrived by the 19th of June 1944 and immeadiately engaged Allied forces in Brittany and espescially Brest. In Early July the 6th Fallschirmjäger Regiment recently dettached from the main body of the Division was surrounded in the "Falaise Pocket" and forced to surrender, it was a hard blow for the Division losing this veteran Regiment due to leadership failure.
By the 9th of August 1944, the Division was forced back into the city of Brest where they took up defensive positions. Surrounded and outnumbered they prepared to defend to the last minute. By the 10th of September 1944 the Division, out of ammunition and low on rations of food and clean water were forced to surrender. The Division was later raised again in early September 1944 and by December was ready for combat. Of the Regiments it contained now, only the veteran 2nd Fallschirmjäger Regiment was an original regiment of the Division. In January 1945 the Division once again engaged the enemy throughout the Western borderlands of Germany. The Division finally met its end in the "Ruhr Pocket" in April 1945, having been surrounded in the pocket since early March 1945.
Listed Ranks in the Unit:
Oberst - Colonel
Oberstleatunant - Lieutenant Colonel
Major - Major
Hauptmann - Captain
Oberleutnant - Senior Lieutenant
Leutnant - Lieutenant
Stabsfeldwebel - Sergeant Major
Oberfeldwebel - Master Sergeant
Feldwebel - Staff Sergeant
Unterfeldwebel - Sergeant
Unteroffizier - Corporal
Stabsgefreiter - Senior Lance Corporal
Obergefreiter - Lance Corporal
Gefreiter - Private First Class
Obersoldat - Private
Soldat - Recruit
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users