• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Lightning

Blue Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

The game is hugley popular thanks to a big advertisment campaign. But it has a major flaw...Its in the 3rd person!

3rd person shooter = fail. That is all.

#2 The_Walrus

The_Walrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Fails on realism obviously but it can be fun to just play casually, the main problem though is the fact that it has literally nothing to do with real life tanking. There is a game of a similar style with the progression ect but that I think is far far better done which is War Thunder, it may be planes only right now but they're gonna add playable ships soon and then playable tanks. The best thing about it is that it actually relates to real life flying and real life tactics, the game mode is far better too. In World of Tanks you take one tank into the battle and then just when you die that's it you're out for that game. In WThunder you take your whole hangar into the game and when you die you can pick another plane from your hangar to keep fighting that battle in.

#3 ROMMEL 34

ROMMEL 34

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

War Thunder...The best thing about it is that it actually relates to real life flying and real life tactics

There is nothing real life about this moronic stupidity:

cGjHG6Cncvk

On top of such questionable weapon damage behavior like that there are also questionable flight characteristics on many aircraft, relics and/or futureplanes that have no business being in the game such as the He 51, He 112, MIG 15, or F 86, the arcade mode, lack of important aircraft or variants of important aircraft, for example the lack of the Do 17/215/217 line, lack of Ju88 variants (no Ju88A-5, A-13, A-15, A-17, C-6a, P-3, P-4, S-2) and so on.
Alles für Deutschland!

#4 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

I'm still very tempted in trying this game out, but I don't want to purchase it from (1) YuPlay and (2) some of the packages they have are $79. That's a bit steep of a price from a game you don't really know what to expect from it.

I don't honestly know who can play a game such as this with a mouse and keyboard and in third-person. Just doesn't seem right.

#5 The_Walrus

The_Walrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

The game is free to play, you don't have to buy it at all and Rommel I didn't say the game is perfect but it DOES relate to real life flying far more than World of Tanks relates to anything to do with real life. The fact that some planes are missing and some are in there which are beyond WW2 period don't mean that the game doesn't relate to real flying. About the flight and damage models, all are still being made. Many planes use the same flight model of other similar class planes because they haven't made the flight and damage models of all the planes yet. The game is still beta.

#6 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

The game is free to play, you don't have to buy it at all

http://warthunder.com/en/store/

#7 The_Walrus

The_Walrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Like I said, you don't have to buy it. You see the MASSSIVE red button in the top right saying "play for free"?

#8 ROMMEL 34

ROMMEL 34

Elite Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Look here:

http://forum.warthun...-festung-europa
Alles für Deutschland!

#9 LSchroll

LSchroll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

War Thunder is enjoyable as long as you don't take it seriously. For a while, until the sandbox thing gets old. Kind of looking forward to the tank combat.
Posted Image
SS-Untersturmführer u. Zugführer Lukas Schroll
SS-Panzer-Regiment 12 'Hitlerjugend'

#10 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Good rule of thumb:
The most popular things are always most unrealistic and pure money making BS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users