Photo
- - - - -

Death animations/Death moans/Blood loss/Gore in general.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Lamb

Lamb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

Although I'm not sadist or enjoy gore in any special way I've always felt that games are too refrained when it comes down to gore.
If realism is the keyword there should be cries for help, shouting from pain, groaning from agony, limbs flying off, heavy bleeding, cracked sculls, mangled torsos etc.

I'm just reading Siegfried Knappe's memoirs of WW2 and it wasn't pretty.
War is hell and it should show in realistic game.

+1

Death and severe injury (which made up more casualties than deaths) should be as realistically protrayed as possible

Seems I may have to have sex with darkest nation while razor sprays us with whipped cream. But thats fine.

#42 Regular John

Regular John

Festung Europa Contributor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

I'm just reading Siegfried Knappe's memoirs of WW2 and it wasn't pretty.

Good book, I recommend checking out "Blood Red Snow" by Gunter K. Koschorrek. It´s the best book from German perspective I ever read... Also it´s pretty gory

#43 Nightingale

Nightingale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

There should be a 25% chance that, when your character enters bleed-out mode, he will scream out loudly and uncontrollably, drawing attention to him and everyone else around him. A squadmate might have to make the decision to kill the screaming soldier in order to prevent the enemy from finding out where the rest of the squad is located.

Unfortunately, this will require that FE have voice acting as excellent as RO2's.

#44 Lamb

Lamb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

There should be a 25% chance that, when your character enters bleed-out mode, he will scream out loudly and uncontrollably, drawing attention to him and everyone else around him. A squadmate might have to make the decision to kill the screaming soldier in order to prevent the enemy from finding out where the rest of the squad is located.

Unfortunately, this will require that FE have voice acting as excellent as RO2's.

If he's just been wounded to the extent that he is bleeding out, I think the enemy have already found them.

Seems I may have to have sex with darkest nation while razor sprays us with whipped cream. But thats fine.

#45 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

Good book, I recommend checking out "Blood Red Snow" by Gunter K. Koschorrek. It´s the best book from German perspective I ever read... Also it´s pretty gory

Thank you for the tip! I will sure read / buy that book in the future.
Although next up in my reading list is "Sniper on the Eastern Front: The Memoirs of Sepp Allerberger".

#46 Lord lovat

Lord lovat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

Thank you for the tip! I will sure read / buy that book in the future.
Although next up in my reading list is "Sniper on the Eastern Front: The Memoirs of Sepp Allerberger".

I've read that book. It is very detailed. There are fragments in there I will never forget reading. War can bring out the worst in people.

#47 lazerBAR

lazerBAR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:07 AM

Been reading The Forgotten Soldier by Sajer, really bloody too...especially the part where he helps amputate a leg.
Posted Image

#48 Dietrich Landrik

Dietrich Landrik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

I read that one. One of the Go-to books for the Eastern Front from the enlisted man's perspective.
Posted Image
"Nach Drill und Dreck, Gibt's Erbsen mit Speck, Aus der Gulaschkanone~"

#49 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Does anyone know any good memoir books from western front, allies or german side?
Basically every single one I've found has been eastern front or pacific.

#50 Rico

Rico

• Festung Europa Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Does anyone know any good memoir books from western front, allies or german side?

I found this one quite interesting to read:
Stuart Hills: By Tank into Normandy
"Stuart Hills embarked his Sherman DD tank on to an LCT at 6.45 a.m., Sunday 4 June 1944. He was 20 years old, unblooded, fresh from a public-school background and Officer Cadet training. He was going to war. Two days later, his tank sunk, he and his crew landed from a rubber dinghy with just the clothes they stood in. After that, the struggles through the Normandy bocage in a replacement tank (of the non-swimming variety), engaging the enemy in a constant round of close encounters, led to a swift mastering of the art of tank warfare and remarkable survival in the midst of carnage and destruction. His story of that journey through hell to victory makes for compulsive reading."
amazon.co.uk description
Posted Image

#51 Regular John

Regular John

Festung Europa Contributor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

Basically every single one I've found has been eastern front or pacific.

From German perspective I can recommend this: http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/0752458221

Following a short description of the author's Hitler Youth membership from 1933, this extraordinary narrative describes his training for the paratroops in Stendal in 1938—they all knew the war was coming—revealing his own rebellious streak as well as the uncritical fervor with which he and his comrades welcomed that war. This is a deeply personal book from a man who was there from beginning to end: Poland 1939, Holland and Narvik 1940, Crete 1941, Russia 1941–1943, Sicily and Southern Italy 1943, Normandy 1944, Holland and the lower Rhine 1945, and then a POW. Not only is it amazing that he survived all that, it is also remarkable that Martin Pöppel was capable of producing such a compelling and honest narrative. Captured by the 6th Airborne Division on the Rhine, Company Commander Pöppel returned home in 1945.

#52 wew

wew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

Hello, I'm new here but I've been following the project since a while and I just joined the forum to give some ideas before I forget. These ideas are mostly focused to give on realism on different spectres, but I try to post the ones that seem dynamic and creative.
So, following this topic I suggest to check out the variations of the injure/death moans. I've noticed in most FPS that when being hit the character shouts almost random moans, even when its shot in the head. So distinct moans and screams should variate on the gravity of the hit, and it shouldn't scream when getting instantly killed by bullets or explosions. Just mentioning these I think that body dysmorph like when being shot with an MG and high caliber guns (it literallly breaks bones), face mutilated by a near explosion and blood covering the body are really important to enchance realism.

Another thing I noticed was that games make no difference on the capabilities of the player after being hit but still living with injuries. I explain: I get shot in the foot but I'm still alive because i covered the injury and cut the bleeding, but after that I can keep running like nothing happened, same aplies to other injuries like being hit in arms-hands and there's no variation on the player aiming for example. So this is a relevant point to consider and recreate for increasing realism in hardcore-realistic game modes.

I was thinking also about the usage of medics, this is very controversial and even I find this idea too far or complex for an enjoyable game, but I say a medic that could aid and help soldiers from injuries, managing to cut the bleeding and threat better these injuries than the soldiers alone, but he also could take injuried or already down bodies (even if the player of the found pin down body already respawned after death) and put them behind the lines, this rescue could be rewarded with added reinforcements for a next battle or when playing in "history mode".

That's all I can remember, greetings and I hope to see more news and advances soon, this project looks very, very promising so far. Also apologies for my english, I know it's not the best :]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users