12 replies to this topic

#1 ScheifferBates

ScheifferBates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

[h=2]British Voice Reel WIP[/h]

Here's a WIP I did of a British Firefight. All voices are acted by myself, including the terrible German pronunciation in the background. The ambiance of the firefight is very loud. Before anybody asks this was intentional due to the nature of war, the whole firefight is to represent the carnage. Heavy WIP, but it was requested so here's a sample for you all.

For now I've kept it unlisted as it's a WIP so it will not receive any views.

"The worst thing I could be is the same as everyone else"

#2 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Solid work that is right there. Is this a demo reel for FE perchance? :biggrin:

Hopefully for nostalgia's sake, in the final game we will hear some classic lines from DH be reproduced. Classics such as:

"Look boys, there's a ponce Engineer! Shoot 'em!"
"My grandmother can shoot better than that, and she's been dead for fooking years!"

and the ever popular...

"I'm goin' to rip off your head, and pish on your carcass!"

Posted Image

#3 Lamb

Lamb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

That's not at all bad fella. A good range of accents you were able to bring in there.

With regards to the accents, the Received Pronounciation of the Officer was perhaps a little too young sounding. Also to pad the portfolio you need to throw in some Irish, various Black Country, Yorkshire and West Country accents, (or just do it completely in West Country as a wurzels style parody).

Sound quality was pretty solid though.

Seems I may have to have sex with darkest nation while razor sprays us with whipped cream. But thats fine.

#4 ScheifferBates

ScheifferBates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

That's not at all bad fella. A good range of accents you were able to bring in there.

With regards to the accents, the Received Pronounciation of the Officer was perhaps a little too young sounding. Also to pad the portfolio you need to throw in some Irish, various Black Country, Yorkshire and West Country accents, (or just do it completely in West Country as a wurzels style parody).

Sound quality was pretty solid though.

Yorkshire accents were included, on the line "MG42 upper right window" as well as in the background, and of course a Geordie accent for the radio operator. In regards to everything else, I've had requests to include the Irish, so I'll go ahead and do that. The more unusual requests were Cornish and Scouse which would completely destroy the scene for me because I'd find it hilarious.

Thanks for the response :)

#5 Lamb

Lamb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Cornish...

'Ere yu janner, waatch wur yur pointin da'thing'

'I bin hit haven't I'

Seems I may have to have sex with darkest nation while razor sprays us with whipped cream. But thats fine.

#6 Father Ted

Father Ted

Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yorkshire accents were included, on the line "MG42 upper right window" as well as in the background, and of course a Geordie accent for the radio operator. In regards to everything else, I've had requests to include the Irish, so I'll go ahead and do that. The more unusual requests were Cornish and Scouse which would completely destroy the scene for me because I'd find it hilarious.

Thanks for the response :)

Ireland was neutral, so make sure it's a Northern Irish accent.

#7 Rico

Rico

• Festung Europa Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

83950959.jpg
I believe we've already been in contact, ScheifferBates!
We should talk some more...

#8 ScheifferBates

ScheifferBates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37[/ATTACH]
I believe we've already been in contact, ScheifferBates!
We should talk some more...

We have indeed, I'm always available for a chat via facebook or email ;)

#9 Gromit

Gromit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

Ireland was neutral, so make sure it's a Northern Irish accent.

A large number of southern Irish fought in the British army during WW2 despite Ireland being officially neutral. I think it was around the 50,000 level. I remember my Grandad saying that he came into work in the forge the day after war was declared and half of the lads had left for England that morning to enlist.

#10 Father Ted

Father Ted

Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

A large number of southern Irish fought in the British army during WW2 despite Ireland being officially neutral. I think it was around the 50,000 level. I remember my Grandad saying that he came into work in the forge the day after war was declared and half of the lads had left for England that morning to enlist.

Sorry, I did not know that

#11 Gromit

Gromit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

No worries! The shameful part was the Irish govt. of the time which branded the 5,000 who were in the Irish Army but left to go fight in the British Army as deserters, denied them any sorts of military pensions, barred from state jobs, etc. Was only last year that an amnesty was issued by the govt. that removed all that nonsense from the soldiers' records.

#12 DedMan

DedMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

That was really good!

Subscribed and liked!
Hauptsturmf├╝hrer Wilhelm Bittrich
Division Leader, SS 9th Panzer Division,
9. SS Panzer Regiment
"Meine Ehre Heisst Treue!"