21 replies to this topic

#1 Sebastian Wolf

Sebastian Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hi guys!
For those of you who have been looking for some kind of "Band of Brothers" series for the Germans, I'll like to show you a tiny trailer from "Unsere mütter, unsere väter".
It's not the "Band of Brothers" which you would think of. But you follow two German brothers into the early war until the end of the war.

It's worth taking a look!

The trailer speaks for itself.

Posted Image

#2 Lamb

Lamb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

I'll have to have a gander at that. The acting seemed pretty good.

Seems I may have to have sex with darkest nation while razor sprays us with whipped cream. But thats fine.

#3 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

I have found a torrent with english subs. Gonna watch it when I find the time.
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#4 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Posted Image

CANNES - Theatrical distributor Music Box Films has picked up U.S. rights to Generation War, an acclaimed German-language TV series billed as a German equivalent to HBO's Band of Brothers, from sales group Beta Film.

Music Box is planning a platform theatrical bow for the six-hour
Generation War in selected U.S. cities, to be followed by a roll out on VOD, home video and TV. Music Box has experience with handling international series, having scored successes with the U.S. bow of the Swedish Millennium crime trilogy, released as three feature films and a six-part TV series as well as the original Swedish version of the Henning Mankell proceduralWallander.

http://www.hollywood...picks-up-434690

Hopefully this results in it being sold on Amazon or shown on HBO or Netflix.

#5 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

I just finished watching the last episode of this series. It was so fucking good. I highly recommend it.
Posted Image

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#6 Novusordo

Novusordo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

Torrent with eng subs asap please

#7 Sebastian Wolf

Sebastian Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

For the record, I am not going to say that I support downloading this stuff for free, but it seems very hard to find it elsewere!

Sorry guys. As much as we all want to see this film, we can't post links to torrents on the company website / forums. - JBG Forum Moderator

I would really like to see it on Netflix, though haveing it in box edition would be sweeter!
Posted Image

#8 RustyDamis

RustyDamis

Hasta La Vista

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

The acting seemed pretty good.
A timeless floral erotic gloves goes well with a knit sweater for a walk in the park

#9 Novusordo

Novusordo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Was pretty good. I wanted more combat scenes, though.

#10 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

Some news for you guys across the pond. Ok, it's a month old, but it's new nonetheless.

BBC2 to air acclaimed German drama series Generation War

A second world war drama dubbed a "German Band of Brothers" that sparked a national debate in Germany about ordinary people's role in the conflict has been bought by the BBC.

Generation War follows the lives of five young German friends between 1941 and 1945 and was watched by record audiences of more than 7 million viewers when it aired on German broadcaster ZDF.

The three-part drama was described by Der Spiegel as a "turning point in German television", featuring explicit scenes of violence traditionally shied away from in German TV depictions of the war.

The BBC's head of programme acquisition Sue Deeks said the programme had a "truly epic sweep".

Read more...
http://www.theguardi...erman-war-drama

#11 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

Nice, they're playing it on BBC2 soon. I'm definitely recording that and forcing everyone I know to watch it.
Posted Image

#12 Father Ted

Father Ted

Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

Thanks for the heads up - I'd despaired of ever seeing this

#13 Lamb

Lamb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Annoyingly I missed it when it was on in Germany, I'll stream the UK version which is in German too, albeit with eng subs

#14 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

Looks like DVD of this will be released in my region around march.
Amazon seems to sell this in german language.

#15 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

Wow,
I just watched the french version.
And I need to say, it's one of the best fiction war movie/serie I've seen so far.
Great, excellent! The end is a bit fast tho. I wish I would have seen a 4th episode to soften the end.
Also, the Bataillon 500 isn't depicted in my reading as my little historical reading.
Posted Image

#16 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Rotten Tomatoes has a release date of January 15, 2014.

http://www.rottentom...generation_war/

#17 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

I just saw the first episode and must say that I was hugely dissappointed.
Reason being that the trailer gave me so differend expectations.

I thought this would be about war, but there was only one good (but short) battle scene, and after that it was 50% love story and 80% about jews suffering (not kidding).
I kind of feared this after knowing that germans had made this series.
It is shame that you cannot just tell straight war story about soldiers without love, drama and politics messed up with it...

Well, I'm looking forward to see the two more episodes, maybe it turns into war series after all...

#18 lazerBAR

lazerBAR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

I just saw the first episode and must say that I was hugely dissappointed.
Reason being that the trailer gave me so differend expectations.

I thought this would be about war, but there was only one good (but short) battle scene, and after that it was 50% love story and 80% about jews suffering (not kidding).
I kind of feared this after knowing that germans had made this series.
It is shame that you cannot just tell straight war story about soldiers without love, drama and politics messed up with it...

Well, I'm looking forward to see the two more episodes, maybe it turns into war series after all...

Saw this thread, thought "wow a German war movie nowadays?!" and was disappointed. I also had that feeling they would've lamed it up and digressed from the war with "love" and "never4getdasixmil"...

I want something thats just war, the internal and external, not this rehashed sort of war story.
Posted Image

#19 Dietrich Landrik

Dietrich Landrik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

The Pacific did the same thing as well with all the focus on the home front. Honestly I liked UMUV, but it's still a stretch from a good company level war story like BoB.

#20 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:46 AM

Second episode was much better than the first one.
Although it still was mostly about holocaust, there was more combat scenes and better story telling overall.
Pretty ridiculous that one of the soldiers took a rifle shot next to his heart and after a surgery was acting like nothing had happened (strutting around with no visible pain) couple days later...

Edit: about the third episode...

Basically it was all about polish resistance and jews suffering again.
Russians were portrayed as liberators and they were saing things such as: "how are we going to build new Germany?". :rolleyes:

And when the famous raping was about to start by russian soldiers a woman officer walks in and says: "We are russian soldiers, liberators not rapists".
I laughed out so loud! rofl
All in all, this might've been the most anti-German movie/series I've ever seen in my life.
Except I don't know that should this be called a war film, since it was mostly about other things but not about the actual fighting...
Way to go! :thumb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users