• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 valvalahul

valvalahul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

OK guys i found a game realistic like darkest hour and its free.Its called resistance and liberation.I just wanted to share this becaase im very happy :).

#2 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

I heard of this new game called Day of Defeat. You should try that out.
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#3 Sebastian Wolf

Sebastian Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

OK guys i found a game realistic like darkest hour and its free.Its called resistance and liberation.I just wanted to share this becaase im very happy :).

We've heard about it, not really an new game but it's a little fun. It is not good on the other hand.
I like the "new" mod for Battlefield 2 Project Reality which focuses on "Normandie".
Posted Image

#4 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

RnL, while a really swell game, is nothing like DH for a few different reasons (ahem, no tanking in RnL, let alone the realistic tanking like in DH). I could go on to list numerous other examples.

Posted Image

#5 Jörg Biermann

Jörg Biermann

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Also the fact that RnL is just American Airborne vs Heer, when DH has all types of infantry divisions from Germany, America, Britain and Canada.

I never liked the feel of RnL, it never felt smooth for me, was always clunky.
Posted Image
Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)

...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

#6 Serathis

Serathis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

Also. Darkest Hour has players, while RnL servers are deader than disco. Kind of same with the devs, they are not having luck with updates. They however have free look for deployed MGs. While at it, have you heard about this Traction Wars thing? :)
Bloody screen! So real.

#7 thens

thens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Traction Wars, yes, this somehow sounds quite similar to Festung Europa so far :-D

#8 exocet

exocet

Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

Traction Wars is similar to Festung Europa as they are also doing WW2 Normandy featuring the Commonwealth forces and both are using Cry Engine 3.
That's really where the similarities end as far as we can tell. TW have said their game will be F2P and will be more arcade action.
Festung Europa is a commercial endeavor and will follow our historical accuracy and realistic approach to gaming.
Posted Image

Day Z, which is essentially a walking-forever-to-find-a-can-of-beans simulator.

#9 Snuffeldjuret

Snuffeldjuret

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Also. Darkest Hour has players, while RnL servers are deader than disco. Kind of same with the devs, they are not having luck with updates. They however have free look for deployed MGs. While at it, have you heard about this Traction Wars thing? :)

Currently there are 24 players on one pub server in RnL and 2 on another. A great game, but sort of a thinner version of DH. The only real advantage for RnL is the local 3D voice system. Darkest hour has currently according to gametracker 28 players on one pub server and 7 on another, approx only 33% more players than RnL...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users