• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Novusordo

Novusordo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Was excited for this after Battlefield 3 singleplayer was so impressive but is a big let down with many bugs and an all round lack of polish. They really put a lot of effort in this game but without a few more months worth of work to tie everything together and polish it is all in vain. Goddamm I hate EA for pushing this on to the shelves before it was ready.

#2 Masterson

Masterson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

I didn't play BF3...but single-player impressive? First time I have heard that one.
Posted Image

#3 Dietrich Landrik

Dietrich Landrik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

Meh. BF3 and BF4 can rot in a hole for all I care. I'd only be interested in the mods for the game.
Posted Image
"Nach Drill und Dreck, Gibt's Erbsen mit Speck, Aus der Gulaschkanone~"

#4 Nightingale

Nightingale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

If you are surprised that BF4 was poop then you must be a very optimistic person.

#5 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:21 AM

I have always just wanted to play a few minutes of BF3/4, but are you still required to use Origin?

#6 SolitarioSoldat

SolitarioSoldat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Meh. BF3 and BF4 can rot in a hole for all I care. I'd only be interested in the mods for the game.

No mods for both, engine files are locked in house.

I have always just wanted to play a few minutes of BF3/4, but are you still required to use Origin?

don't own either of them but yes you need Origin, its like EA in house Steam.

#7 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

don't own either of them but yes you need Origin, its like EA in house Steam.

I know this isn't a big deal with most gamers, but I realllly don't want to download another program to play BF3/4. =[ I'm perfectly set in my ways and want only one program to run all my games on, which is Steam.

Now you all may throw rocks at me.

#8 SolitarioSoldat

SolitarioSoldat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

no one throws rocks at you, I do use only steam for games, before that was CD's.....

#9 Theel

Theel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

I got the EA Humble Bundle, so I tried out origin then. BF3 has an impressive engine, amazing sound, decent damage system (on hardcore mode), but many elements add up to prevent me from recommending the game. Elements like the snipers, the vehicles, and browser launcher. BF4 was their attempt to become the yearly FPS title to compete with CoD. Obviously there isn't enough new features, content, or time between releases to consider BF4 economically viable for entertainment. Just like CoD series. So unless you like mindless shooters, cliche story and gameplay, and paying money for the same game every year... stay away from CoD and BF series.

On the other hand I think EA did an amazing job with Dead Space 3, completely under-rated game, that failed for them market wise. I think it was one of my favorite horror-coop experiences so far. Very solid game, very little bugs, fun story, and just very cinematic overall. I'd likely rate it on my top 10 favorite games of all time.
Posted Image
Current Project: Darkest Hour 6.0

#10 amanda_sour

amanda_sour

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

no one throws rocks at you, I do use only steam for games, before that was CD's.....

Oh...CD's - this was so long ago, seems like in my previous life. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users