#1 Archduke Sven

Archduke Sven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Posted Image

Who we are

We are a gang of friends who like WW2 games, we wish to represent 1. Battalion of Panzergrenadier Regiment 21 (1. Frundsberg) of the 10. SS-Panzer-Division 'Frundsberg'.

[/HR]

History

The 10th SS Panzer Division Frundsberg was formed on January 2nd, 1943 with it's original title Karl der Große. This was however changed since French volunteers used the Charlemagne name already, thus the Division took on the name of a legend in German history, the famed Landsknechte Georg Von Frundsberg. The Division was originally formed from Reicharbeitsdienst conscripts, however they were lead by an experienced cadre of LSSAH veterans who made up the Regimental, Battalion and Company commanders. The 'Frundsberg' first saw action on the Eastern front, fighting the Soviets in the area of Tarnopol around April '44, and later participated in the succesful rescue operation to save German soldiers in the Kamenets-Podolsky pocket. During this time, the 'Frundsberg' was used as a mobile fire-brigade like many other SS units, jumping from threatened sector to another.

Posted Image
A 10. SS Division cuff title, worn by all soldiers of the Division

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]After the operations in Galicia, the 'Frundsberg' was shipped by rail to France, as the prospect of invasion was now becoming a reality. The division arrived at the front in Normandy on June 20, and was placed together with it's sister division, the 9th SS Panzer Division 'Hohenstaufen', in the II SS-Panzerkorps. It was placed in the line near Caen, with the 272. Infanterie-Division and the LSSAH on it's right, and the Panzer-Lehr and 9. SS on it's left. The 'Frundsberg' did a great job of holding the line against the British forces during the battle of Caen, particularly during Operation Epsom, the division enjoyed close cooperation with the 'Hohenstaufen' division. The 10th held it's positions and launched local counter-attacks against the Commonwealth forces, and enjoyed several succeses, however the fighting to hold hill 112 had decimated the division.[/TD]
[TD][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Posted Image[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Allied soldiers enjoyed off-shore ship artillery, and overwhelming air-support during the entire operation, making the life of the Panzergrenadier very difficult. It was during these hard times that the 'Frundsberg' showed it's true colors as disciplined and professional soldiers, while other divisions like the 12th SS and 2nd SS massacred PoWs and civilians, the soldiers of the 10th were kind to their captives and treated the civilian population well. The 10th SS is one of the few Waffen-SS divisions to not be accused of ANY war crimes.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The 10. SS and 9. SS where sent to Holland to refit after the exhausting Normandy campaign, where both units sustained heavy casualties. However, history has proved it wasn't a particularly long break, the Allied forces launched Operation Market Garden, the world's largest airborne assault. However this proved to be a fatal mistake on the part of the Allies, who expected to be met by only 'Old men and kids', instead they encountered two elite Waffen-SS divisions, who although were severely understrength and lacking armour, proved to be more than a match for the Red Devils and the US Paratroopers. The 9th and 10th SS Divisions encircled most of the 1st Airborne Division, and even though they put up a heroic resistance, were killed or captured to almost the last man, a few managed to escape however, and hid with the Dutch resistance. This proved to be one of the last major German victories of the war.

After the battles in Holland, the 'Frundsberg' got several months of rest and refitting in the Alsace region. The division did not partake in Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein, better known as the battle of the Bulge. The division was shipped out back to the Eastern front after the failed Operations Nordwind and Wacht am Rhein, to protect the fatherland from the Soviet invasion. During these battles in Pommerania and Silesia, the division was mauled to a fraction of it's original strength. When Berlin was surrounded and captured by the Soviets, which ended the war, the division managed to escape to Austria and surrender to the US forces, escaping emprisonment in the dreaded Soviet Gulags.

For a full and more detailed history visit: 10. SS-Panzer-Div. 'Frundsberg' Training and Organization

[/HR]

Ranks

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]

Offiziere

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]

Rank

SS-Sturmbannführer

SS-Hauptsturmführer

SS-Obersturmführer

SS-Untersturmführer[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]

Icon

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]

Unteroffiziere

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]

Rank

SS-Sturmscharführer

SS-Hauptscharführer

SS-Oberscharführer

SS-Scharführer

SS-Unterscharführer[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]

Icon
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://i1314.photobu...zpsb6da2b20.png
http://i1314.photobu...zps683275f8.png

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Gemeiner

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]

Rank
SS-Rottenführer

SS-Sturmmann

SS-Oberschütze

SS-Schütze

[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]

Icon
http://i1314.photobu...zps05882483.png
http://i1314.photobu...zpscf25e247.png
http://i1314.photobu...zps3af71666.png
http://i1314.photobu...zps2b9ac4e7.png

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/HR]

Roster

You can use this website to find your own German name! http://www.herofiles...megen/names.php

Here's our list of sweethearts:

Unassigned Sven Leebmann
Unassigned Erik Fuhrmann (Hawke)
Unassigned Jurgen Hoffmann (Jelly)
Unassigned Otto Gruber (Desert Thunda)
Unassigned Gottlieb Schneckenburger (Kamov)

#2 Archduke Sven

Archduke Sven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

reserve post

#3 Dietrich Landrik

Dietrich Landrik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Welcome to the bocage, baby!

#4 The Nutty Pig

The Nutty Pig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Looks swaggy

#5 Theel

Theel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Looks very professional. Nice work.
Posted Image
Current Project: Darkest Hour 6.0

#6 Hawke

Hawke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

This should be fun!

#7 Shurek

Shurek

Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

Good luck guys!

3ka2.png

#8 Kampfgruppe

Kampfgruppe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

Nice Thread, Good luck y'all. Serve the Reich well and may the realism be with you.

#9 DedMan

DedMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:02 AM

Best of luck to you all.

I run the 9.SS Panzer-Division, SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment 19, I. Bataillon, I. Kompanie
And I am quite interested in having a chat with you about both DH and the upcoming game FE.
Feel free to add me on Steam.

Steam name: R.D.C|DedMan|Gen
Or if you can't find me search for my login name: huscarl_21
Hauptsturmführer Wilhelm Bittrich
Division Leader, SS 9th Panzer Division,
9. SS Panzer Regiment
"Meine Ehre Heisst Treue!"

#10 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

So all these differend SS units you are talking in this section of the forum are clans or what?
Do you roleplay or what?
Do you actually use ranks?

#11 LSchroll

LSchroll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

Willkommen! Alright, cheers!
Posted Image
SS-Untersturmführer u. Zugführer Lukas Schroll
SS-Panzer-Regiment 12 'Hitlerjugend'