• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lamb

Lamb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

I think I nice addition would be a release at game launch of a 'training area map' somewhere in southern England, which had only Commonwealth forces on each side with different firing ranges situated around an encampment and perhaps a deserted village like Imber or Lulworth to gat through. This would be good for single player learning (training ranges) as well as being good for realism units, giving all units a 'home base' so-to-say.

Even if the Devs aren't able/willing to create something like this I'm sure the modding community would like it (remembering _Core_ levels, 29ths Fort Meade and a few other custom training maps from DH)

Seems I may have to have sex with darkest nation while razor sprays us with whipped cream. But thats fine.

#2 ccmm7

ccmm7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

That would be a nice touch, especially if it was a historical training area in England. It would be a good way for people who aren't familiar with the Red Orchestra series or DH to get the feel for the game.

Does anyone know whether the 29th will be moving to this game when it comes? They said they only play games with an American faction and obviously FE isn't going to have one on launch.

Posted Image

#3 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

I say! Great post, it's definitely a must!
A super target range would be awesome.
I've spend so much time on that map.
Posted Image

#4 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

Target range for small arms and tanks is a MUST.

Posted Image

#5 Red Pentalpha

Red Pentalpha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

I agree. The training maps should be either in England, or near Normandy in France (if you are training as the Germans). Personally think we should have two training maps, so that players can get to know the unique weapons from both nations.

#6 ROMMEL 34

ROMMEL 34

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

Target range for tanks is a MUST.

Should be something similar to the RO map Lubjankow Schiessbahn but with ranges from 10 meters through 5,000 meters:
http://forums.tripwi...ead.php?t=10600
Alles für Deutschland!

#7 short-fuse

short-fuse

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

I tried to inform the masses on the old "TARGET" map in DH that it should be made in a way that you would see the tanks and afv's in actual game play instead of a broadside shot. Each vehicle would have a 1/4 shot ( 45 degrees off the angle of the shooter, direct frontal shot, and if need be, a rear shot ( for just in case purposes ). This will give the player a chance to view the object in these conditions so he or she can get to familarize themselves at the enemys tanks. So he/she doesn't commit a team kill. And then get yelled at by someone from the same team for the mix up.

Red Orchestra sometime ago put out an on-line basic guide and it had a section on tanks and their weaknesses. And these weaknesses were put into a nice little red box of where you need to aim your AP, HEAT, etc, etc. It was pretty basic but it covered most of the bases. Another issue would be the way to judge distances on a FPS. We could have a "tutorial type" training session that will cover the tank / anti-tank weapon optics and what each little indication means.

Such as this: http://pedg.yuku.com...gunsight-optics

Just an idea...

This would have to be broken up for the Anti-tank guys as well. Of course, the sides are weak but how about the other areas to hit the spots to avoid.

#8 DedMan

DedMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

A training map would be a fantastic idea! One for the Germans near Normandy and one for the British/Canadians in Southern England :D

Does anyone know whether the 29th will be moving to this game when it comes? They said they only play games with an American faction and obviously FE isn't going to have one on launch.

I was talking to Captain Cranston the other day and he seemed really keen for FE so they might move across but still maintain a large presence in I44. Not sure if you heard or not, but they split the whole unit into three groups. A group that plays DH, a group that plays RO2 and a group that plays I44 (a fair few from the other two groups play I44) so yeah, maybe only the DH guys will come across, who knows :?
Hauptsturmführer Wilhelm Bittrich
Division Leader, SS 9th Panzer Division,
9. SS Panzer Regiment
"Meine Ehre Heisst Treue!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users