9 replies to this topic

#1 Erwin Rommel

Erwin Rommel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

Note: this is not about weapons being shot out of hands

I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so your weapon can become damaged when you are holding it. For example, things such as your gun jamming if you are in a dusty or muddy area, or after an explosion, your gun has a certain % chance to break if you were close enough. The explosions could also affect things such as optics damage for a sniper or knock off the zeroing of a weapon.

Edited by Erwin Rommel, 07 January 2014 - 10:52 PM.
Issue with phone

#2 Erwin Rommel

Erwin Rommel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

(Spot reserved, I messed up with a post edit)

#3 Jpz38 Hetzer

Jpz38 Hetzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

This would definetly be interesting to see. I think it would be cool to see scratches on a scope or breaking your rifle.

#4 Nightingale

Nightingale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:57 AM

I love the idea of explosions damaging fragile sniper scopes.

But dust and mud causing weapon jams might be a bit controversial to implement. There are lots of arguments for and against weapon jamming in realistic FPSes. I'm not sure which side I support.

#5 Red Pentalpha

Red Pentalpha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Gun jamming would be an unnecessary "luck" factor for a game. Even though 90% of war is based on luck, video games are meant to revolve around skill. If your gun jams randomly during a battle it would be too much of a hindrance for the player.

The only reason the gun should jam is because you are firing it for too long, and that is really only logical with machine guns.

#6 Erwin Rommel

Erwin Rommel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Gun jamming would be an unnecessary "luck" factor for a game. Even though 90% of war is based on luck, video games are meant to revolve around skill. If your gun jams randomly during a battle it would be too much of a hindrance for the player.

The only reason the gun should jam is because you are firing it for too long, and that is really only logical with machine guns.

What do you think about explosions causing damage to weapons, zeroing, or scope?

#7 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

Sounds super cool, especially the jamming part.

#8 thens

thens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Frankly I'd support the idea of having the possibility of weapons jamming, this would be a very immersive and interesting addition to the game.
However, this would most likely be a PITA to implement correctly, so I could live without it.
If such a system were ever implemented, then jamming should/would occur when you are firing your weapon for too long, standing next to explosions (dust etc.) and 'random jamming' for some weapons based on historical accuracy :-)

#9 Porsche

Porsche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:55 AM

I second the idea of weapon jamming. This should be implemented just as described above.

#10 Dietrich Landrik

Dietrich Landrik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:53 AM

Well, late war ammo was usually very corrosive. MG gunners would often comment on how they'd use the ersatz ammo first at longer range so that if they had a jam it wasn't a big deal. They'd use the better ammo the closer the enemy was.
Posted Image
"Nach Drill und Dreck, Gibt's Erbsen mit Speck, Aus der Gulaschkanone~"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users