Photo
- - - - -

Kickstarter ?!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Try Kickstarter ? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Try Kickstarter ?

1. Yes ! (26 votes [74.29%])

Percentage of vote: 74.29%

2. No ! (9 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gongxter

Gongxter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

Why hasn't this game tried to get so budget via kickstarter to get this project a bit faster on going ?
So i read the first time about this game a year ago or a half and now i somehow came back and i thought, maybe it is almost finished :suspicious:.
So why dont you want to try kickstarter ?

#2 soss533

soss533

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Because a few pics of finished guns won't get them funded.

#3 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:11 AM

Because a few pics of finished guns won't get them funded.

Yup, they need more of a finished product to convince the funders.

#4 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

The devs have mentioned a few times that they would like to hold a KickStarter campaign, but only when the time was right. Soss is correct - the time clearly is not right yet.

Posted Image

#5 Novusordo

Novusordo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

The devs have mentioned a few times that they would like to hold a KickStarter campaign, but only when the time was right. Soss is correct - the time clearly is not right yet.

5 years and not even a gameplay video, makes you wonder if this ever will see the light of day, doesn't it.

#6 soss533

soss533

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

5 years and not even a gameplay video, makes you wonder if this ever will see the light of day, doesn't it.

5 years?
August 26, 2012

#7 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

I got to thinking actually. Even if the devs don't want to do a full blown Kickstarter yet, is there anything wrong with them setting up a donation button on the home page or FE site? Surely they could use some dosh for paying for their websites, or even for development.

Posted Image

#8 Novusordo

Novusordo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

5 years?
August 26, 2012

YES FIVE YEARS... or a little more even.... that is how long they have been at this game. I very clearly remember hearing about FE on the old RO forums way way back in 2009 maybe even 2008.
That blog post date means nothing!

#9 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

Cocaine is a helluva drug...

Posted Image

#10 ccmm7

ccmm7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

I believe they've been planning (or thinking about) Festung Europa since a bit before the end of the patching cycle for DH, but they may have only officially started in 2012. Might be wrong though.

Posted Image

#11 Lamb

Lamb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

YES FIVE YEARS... or a little more even.... that is how long they have been at this game. I very clearly remember hearing about FE on the old RO forums way way back in 2009 maybe even 2008.
That blog post date means nothing!

The desire to make a - potentially standalone - sequel to DH was expressed very early yes. Work actively began first in 2012 on FE, the first public confrimation of its existence was an interview the Devs did with the 29th ID civil affairs office about the 5.0 patch.

Seems I may have to have sex with darkest nation while razor sprays us with whipped cream. But thats fine.

#12 Novusordo

Novusordo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

Yep, so 5 years or more just like I said.

#13 ccmm7

ccmm7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:50 AM

They thought of the idea 5 years ago, but they only started work 2 years ago. Do you seriously expect a near finished product from a small indie team in two years? That's only a realistic time frame if you want them to make a garbage game. We all have extremely high expectations for this and I'd rather they take longer and do it right. Although it would be nice if they showed pictures or did Dev Diaries a bit more frequently.

#14 Novusordo

Novusordo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

They thought of the idea 5 years ago, but they only started work 2 years ago. Do you seriously expect a near finished product from a small indie team in two years? That's only a realistic time frame if you want them to make a garbage game. We all have extremely high expectations for this and I'd rather they take longer and do it right. Although it would be nice if they showed pictures or did Dev Diaries a bit more frequently.

I'm with you, I want them to spend another 5+ years working on it. All I would like at the moment is proof that they are making the game in the form of a gameplay video.

#15 DavidL.Roth

DavidL.Roth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

All I would like at the moment is proof that they are making the game in the form of a gameplay video.

It would not ruin my life if we could not have any new updates for the next 6 months, but it sure would convince us all more if we could have sneak peek into what is going on :peep:

#16 Gyps

Gyps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Think unless they're got an awful lot of stuff done that no ones seen kickstart wouldn't be much of go

Think like someone said above would need at least game play footage to get people to consider it

#17 DeathmachinePT

DeathmachinePT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

If they do I hope they first inform all DH,RO,RO2,Forgotten Hope,WW2ol community of they launch date so they can get a good surge of pledges to take them to the most popular KS campaigns, please choose a month were aren't big Kickstarter video game campaigns going on, (don't launch near Christmas), please learn from the real successful KS campaigns like Divinity Original Sin, Star Citizen, The mandate, Banner Saga, Novus Aerterno....

Don't be too ambitious with the Goal all FPS haven't been successful or just ended with low goals , the game market is saturated with FPS people so try really to be different from most FPS and please show ingame footage(alpha/content holder or tech demos.

#18 Fidena

Fidena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:25 AM

I'd appreciate a donate button for FE. I'd definitely contribute as a form of encouragement to the devs, I really want to see this game.

#19 Rollo

Rollo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

I'm yet to see a single kickstarter game that has actually turned out good, let alone an FPS. Leave the cancer that is kickstarter for the homestruck fans please.

#20 soss533

soss533

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

I'm yet to see a single kickstarter game that has actually turned out good, let alone an FPS.

They even failed their kickstarter horribly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users