5 replies to this topic

#1 REZ

REZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

[TK]REZ here..

I'm sure it's been asked before. At this point in development you probably don't want to give a specific answer to this question, but since it is running on the Crysis 3 engine, I'm curious what sort of hardware requirements we are looking at. I will be updating my rig in the next few days and I'd like to know if something like this will be able to run FE on medium to high settings..

Z77 mobo
i5 3330s
AMD R7 265 2GB 256-bit DDR5 gpu
8 GB HyperX DDR3 1600 ram

..and for anyone who regularly played DH and hasn't seen me in a while, it's because my old P4 550 single core setup that I've been using since 2005 finally bit the dust. I had kept it going for years buying old refurbished parts and just recently decided 'FINE, I'll upgrade!' :P

Yeah, that's right.. I kicked all your butts for so long with a single core cpu, an old x1900 video card running at x4 (not x16), and 4 gigs of ddr1 pc3200. I'll be back on the servers soon :)

#2 Nixod321

Nixod321

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:59 AM

Well, I presume that the system requirements would be similar to those for Crysis 2 or 3, to that's probably the best place to look.

#3 REZ

REZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

You Kiwis and your logic. Curses! *shakes fist*

#4 REZ

REZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:44 AM

Kidding aside, the devs could be going a route which would allow more people with mid range PC's at worst a chance to play the game... or they could be going the total enthusiast two-GPU's sooper overclocked haswell's only kthx route. Just curious if mid range rigs like the one I posted can hang. If I may say, whenever the urge strikes, devs, to spend a ton of time on fancy sprites and gpu intensive window dressing, please stay focused on nailing that sweet, sweet gameplay (DH, Ostfront) as that is the heart and soul of the game. Graphics don't keep people playing years after release. It's gotta feel right and it's a careful mixture of variables. Start with what made those other two games so good and go from there (strictly speaking about mechanics here). Stay as minimal as possible when it comes to changing what has already proven for years to be a well balanced set of mechanics. The trick is translating it to the new engine. IMO it is all about the timings. For example, the time it takes to go into iron sights; the time it takes to go from a sprint to iron sights; the time it takes to re-bolt; or the time it takes to reload. All of these little timings, literally everything has a time in which it takes to execute, and how these timings interact and play off one another is at the heart of the gameplay. Adding things like spawn on squad leader, and peripheral hit indicators, too much speed etc... this kind of stuff is terrible. The HUD should be only that which a soldier would see out of his eyes. A screen full of icons and indicators and messages, damn, it takes away a lot from the game and is basically so much hand holding. Anyway, I'm getting off of my own topic. How about a ballpark on system requirements?

#5 Serathis

Serathis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Take the Crysis requirements as reference and extrapolate from those.
Bloody screen! So real.

#6 Schneller

Schneller

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

I'm assuming Steam still gives info on the hardware that is most common in any month among its player base.

My belief is that FE will run very smoothly on that "benchmark" machine the month it is released.

Historically, we found it was more important to fully optimize maps and have fast servers rather than expect the player to buy unusually expensive machines.

So, part of this rests on the FE Dev's and part of it rests on the server bosses and community mappers.

Posted Image

Wilsonam wrote: But, as someone said - perhaps just a touch too anal for a game

WUK: What! Thats impossible! Blasphemie!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users