Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Dammit guys it's D-day! Give us an FE update! You know you wanna! :D
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#2 Dietrich Landrik

Dietrich Landrik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:56 AM

Request Denied.
Posted Image
"Nach Drill und Dreck, Gibt's Erbsen mit Speck, Aus der Gulaschkanone~"

#3 Arizona

Arizona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

I also thought that with the D day we would have some news on Festung Europa.....
And well not :nono:
Hey guys, give us one bone to gnaw ! (a chicken bone will be sufficient !)

#4 Red Pentalpha

Red Pentalpha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

Here's a fish bone.

#5 r0tzbua

r0tzbua

• Festung Europa Contributor
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Here's a fish bone.

Posted Image ?
2D+3D artist. Does stuff.

#6 VonGlug

VonGlug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:53 AM

Dammit guys it's D-day! Give us an FE update! You know you wanna! :D

Know what you mean. :(
"Surrealism is destructive, but it destroys only what it considers to be shackles limiting our vision."—Salvador Dali

#7 smith1215

smith1215

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

Know what you mean. :(

Traction Wars stole the dev team.

#8 Serathis

Serathis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

TW also stole the thunder. I think FE is fading into obscurity and that makes me a sad panda.
Bloody screen! So real.

#9 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

Meh, TW hasn't done much in the last 6 months either to be honest. Makes you wonder if CryENGINE is the common problem here.

Posted Image

#10 Serathis

Serathis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

They literally just released a flyby map preview :)
Bloody screen! So real.

#11 r0tzbua

r0tzbua

• Festung Europa Contributor
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

They literally just released a flyby map preview :)

Ah that's what that was. It was so dark i didn't see anything.
2D+3D artist. Does stuff.

#12 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

Ah that's what that was. It was so dark i didn't see anything.

You took the words right off my fingers :D

Posted Image

#13 Dietrich Landrik

Dietrich Landrik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

Actually I liked that quite a bit. It seems it would fit right in to DH's play-style.
Posted Image
"Nach Drill und Dreck, Gibt's Erbsen mit Speck, Aus der Gulaschkanone~"

#14 smith1215

smith1215

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

Actually I liked that quite a bit. It seems it would fit right in to DH's play-style.

It is just like FE except free and SIGNIFICANTLY further along in development.

#15 SilentAssassin

SilentAssassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

The game is still being worked on. This was said by a developer at the end of last month.

"LOL I would like to say the recent talk of our demise is greatly exagerated.

We are still working on this project and are comitted to seeing it through, YES we have had setbacks, but doesn't every team suffer the same at one time or other ????.
So stick with us and we will be letting you know soon what exactlly is happening."

#16 Kashash

Kashash

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

6th of June tomorrow... I was wondering whether there will be any word about current progress of FE from the devs as they've had a tradition over the years of announcing on the 6th of june if I'm correct.

I'm not expecting anything big like new media although that would be nice. But just a word of how is it going so far and what obstacles they have had to overcome as they've admitted themselves that they had setbacks, it would be good to hear more in detail what has happened for the last year or two.

#17 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:02 PM

I've exchanged a couple of PM's with one of the guys on the team, and they are still working away, albeit slower than they would like to be moving. They need more people. And there is apparently real stuff to show off. I actually think there would be more progress if they were just doing a free game on Unreal 4, rather than a commercial project. To a lot of people, joining a professional project is very intimidating, and puts a lot of pressure on you in a lot of different ways. You might be missing out on recruiting some very decent amateurs.

Posted Image

#18 wew

wew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:11 AM

Why not giving on a 30 day free after its launch? :D that would massify this project and make it popular in a good proportion, then put it back into commerce, hopefully stored on Steam.

#19 Kashash

Kashash

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:26 AM

I've exchanged a couple of PM's with one of the guys on the team, and they are still working away, albeit slower than they would like to be moving. They need more people. And there is apparently real stuff to show off. I actually think there would be more progress if they were just doing a free game on Unreal 4, rather than a commercial project. To a lot of people, joining a professional project is very intimidating, and puts a lot of pressure on you in a lot of different ways. You might be missing out on recruiting some very decent amateurs.

Hmm, oh I see. I think personally it's bad for the community to keep it so silent because not knowing when is there going to be any information or news at all keeps the community uncertain and don't know if they have to check the forum everyday in order to see if there's anything or if have to come back like in 6 months time then no problem.

Some time ago they used to do the blog thing and if I remember right it was supposed to be some update every week. It's a shame this has stopped. I suppose something had gone wrong in the development but it would be nice to have more explanations to let this whole mystery going on a little bit come to light.

#20 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:10 PM

Some time ago they used to do the blog thing and if I remember right it was supposed to be some update every week. It's a shame this has stopped. I suppose something had gone wrong in the development but it would be nice to have more explanations to let this whole mystery going on a little bit come to light.

Our new website being launched is contingent upon two things happening: (1) a new logo being designed and (2) the finishing touches on a playable alpha; The former is being worked on by the community at present and the latter is coming a long in the form of a crude alpha. Our character artist 2K has reworked the the British and German player models, and the team has created FE_Raids as the map that will be used to play test the alpha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users