• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SilentAssassin

SilentAssassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

Since radios played a large part in the war, I thought that it would be a good idea to have a radio operator role in the game. This would make officers more mobile and can keep them near their troops, instead of having them near a stationary radio behind friendly lines. I think this would allow the officers to be utilized more effectively because if there is a radio operator on your side, you can stay closer to the front and survey the battlefield more efficiently. I'm not against having stationary radios in the game, but I think that radio operators should give an advantage to the side that decides to effectively utilize them because it requires teamwork and coordination between two players. I just posted this because I wanted to see what others think or want to add to the idea. I think they were in Darkest Hour, but I can't quite remember.

#2 Serathis

Serathis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

They were. They were mobile radios for calling in arty. Not very many people played them properly.
Bloody screen! So real.

#3 wew

wew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:40 AM

I was thinking about how unequal was the war in terms of number of troops. In some battles one allies had more men and vice versa, but there was obviously an allied supremacy in numbers. Now, placing this into an enjoyable game some people wouldn't feel ok with being outnumbered, or for playing against so few players. For this problem I guess you guys could introduce a co-op option that adds some extra number of bots in the battle, more or less depending on who had historically the advantage in such battle. But none or not all these bots should get direct participation into the battle. Some bots could do tasks that some players won't do but that were essential in the war, like radio operating, loading guns/bazookas, giving medical and emergency aid or even helping with the light MG (maybe adding unarmed soviet bots would work too hence 1 of 8 soviets had a gun in the russian front.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users