• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 FOX403

FOX403

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:08 PM

yes screens have improved from then, with the cove lets hope by the time they ship in july it will updated again!
Posted Image

#42 FOX403

FOX403

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:28 PM

Elite Dangerous

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:51 pm
I have to say that I was blown away. I played the original Elite back in the day and when I experienced it today on the Oculus it brought tears to my eyes. The experience was like nothing I have experienced in 30 years of PC Gaming. I feeling nothing but gratitude for the Oculus project...thank you.

OMG dude. You're going to freak when you play this on your DK2. Words cannot describe it but hands down THE best gaming experience I have ever had in my 55 years planetside. The repeated "holy sh%$" comment someone else mentioned here when they tried E:D on the Rift?? Yeah, that's what I kept saying as well. It's going to knock your socks off! You'll see.

a few comments form the elite game ... if this game can be ported with a rift think of the fun!

Posted Image

#43 Kugelfische

Kugelfische

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:31 PM

Not a fan of unreal engine, and I hope it won't be a flop like UE3!

#44 BobJoel

BobJoel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:56 PM

Hey folks, heard you had switched to UE4 and wanted to wish you the best of luck. Have had a positive experience working with it on In Country. :)

#45 Lawrence

Lawrence

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:16 AM

Not a fan of unreal engine, and I hope it won't be a flop like UE3!

How did UE3 flop?

Suggestions? Ideas? Been to the suggestions forum? If you're still not getting enough traction on your ideas, send me a PM.
I'm also available on skype as holyslev (let me know why you're adding me)
 I have my own projects as well which you can find all of them here
You can also peruse my blog found here

#46 MeFirst

MeFirst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:04 AM

How did UE3 flop?

Guess this is related so some stuff that did not work properly in RO2. Tripwire often mentioned that they had problems developing the game with UE3, especially when it came to patching or importing user made content into the game. However I am no developer so I have no idea if that is in fact the case of if those problems where just some individual issues Tripwire had because of a lack of experience with the engine.

#47 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

Guess this is related so some stuff that did not work properly in RO2. Tripwire often mentioned that they had problems developing the game with UE3, especially when it came to patching or importing user made content into the game. However I am no developer so I have no idea if that is in fact the case of if those problems where just some individual issues Tripwire had because of a lack of experience with the engine.

I don't think it was a lack of human capital that prevented TWI from doing things they wanted to implement or received feedback from the community to include in some future update to RO2/RS, but that it was probably just the limitation of that version of Unreal Engine they had a license to. With most engine developers come with the license some level of support, so even if they had no idea how to design or implement some feature, they could have put in a support ticket to Epic.

#48 DanConroy

DanConroy

Festung Europa Contributor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

Good to see you lads still cracking on with FE, good luck with UE4!

#49 smith1215

smith1215

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:47 AM

Americans when?

#50 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

This is wonderful news! I would usually write some stuff about my penis and how excited it is but I can't! This is too beautiful.. I can't penis right now! <3
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#51 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:42 PM

This is wonderful news! I would usually write some stuff about my penis and how excited it is but I can't! This is too beautiful.. I can't penis right now! <3

I never met a person from Denmark that wasn't borderline insane. It must be something in the water, or the fact you guys wear wooden shoes while looking at windmills. ;]

Americans when?

As soon as we fix a few minor issues with the coding and all of our current assets have been PBRed. Once they are completed, you can bet you will see them in a dev. blog posting (website is being redesigned as we speak) or in Lawerence's Twitch stream (which ever happens first).

#52 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

Wait? What? Did you just officially confirm that Americans are in the game, or did you misunderstand the question? :usa:

Posted Image

#53 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:20 PM

Wait? What? Did you just officially confirm that Americans are in the game, or did you misunderstand the question? :usa:

Currently there have been no American assets created. Everything is contingent upon two factors: time and human capital. However, there is a strong push to have them added at some point to be determined.

As of right now, the coding and animation departments are working solely on getting the British Commonwealth and German player assets to work as planned in-game; the sound department is working on weapons sounds; the art department is working on "PBRing" (Physically Based Rendering is a new workflow for art creation that is a superior leap in eye candy technology) all current assets.

Once I find out more, I'll pass it along to you all. But I'm sure that Lawrence will beat me to it in his Twitch streams.

#54 FOX403

FOX403

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:05 PM

be nice to see a 15 min stream sometime on the artwork being done, find all this very interesting and its draws us the players into the game more, you have to say at some point, we are doing this and this then getting a 2 mins video out for kickstarter, but l do think you guys could be missing out on the rift ... next year its going to be big, players in two biggest kickstarter games are raving about it, maybe you fellas could say if we hit this target in pledges we will add it...
Posted Image

#55 smith1215

smith1215

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:11 AM

However, there is a strong push to have [Americans] added at some point to be determined.

My body is ready.

#56 Akyo

Akyo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:00 PM

Definately a good decision to go with Unreal Engine 4 and not CryEngine anymore. :)
Posted Image

#57 HeadClot

HeadClot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:07 PM

So just curious will you guys be supporting Steam OS or Linux?

Unreal Engine supports it but it comes down to the developers wanting to support it :)

#58 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:15 AM

Definately a good decision to go with Unreal Engine 4 and not CryEngine anymore. :)

Wahay! Akyo is still around <3
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#59 Akyo

Akyo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:22 AM

I was never gone. I am always around. Maybe I am creeping you just right in that moment Razor Babeh. Watch your back! :)
Posted Image

#60 Spindle

Spindle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

Great news, haven't visited the site for weeks. This is fantastic :D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users