Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:13 AM

28vyiqd.jpg
LOOKING TO REPLACE THIS ^

LOGO DESIGN COMPETITION

Jackboot Games is currently looking to rebrand the Festung Europa logo (hereinafter “FE”) and we need community help! We are looking for you, Graphic Artist Person (hereinafter “Applicant”), who can create a professional, awe-inspiring, to-hell-and-back, WW2 experience capturing, tactical gameplay mood generating, and truly unique branding for FE (did we forget something?).

FE Overview

Take your place at the front lines as the Allied forces face the might of the German war machine during one of the most pivotal moments in World War II. Experience the Battle of Normandy, from the bloody landing beaches of D-Day to the desperate, desolate fields outside of Falaise, fighting side by side with your squad mates in close combat with the enemy.

How To Enter The Contest

1. Register a forum account via Jackboot Games’ community at http://forums.jackbootgames.com

2. Embed a reasonable size and resolution sample logo(s) into the logo contest thread located here

3. Use only a trusted image hosting website and embed the image url into the forum’s BB code (i.e. link here)

4. (optional) write a statement, in 60 words or less, explaining how your image embodies the spirit of FE

Logo Requirements

• Professional: The logo must meet recent graphic design standards and evolving trends, scale to any size without losing quality, facilitate brand recognition and appeal, have been created in a fully licensed graphic design software, no copyrighted material was used or aided in whole or in part in the creation of any and all logo submissions by any applicant(s) and reasonable judgement and sensitivity is used prior to posting any logo submission(s) onto Jackboot Games, LLC owned and operated community forum.

• Theme: Must capture World War II on D-Day Plus 1 in Normandy, France or anywhere in Europe during or shortly after this period. Can be gritty, grungy or clean in design. Should capture historical accuracy; team, tactical and combined arms gameplay experience; and should not conflict with the overall vision of FE.

• Color: There are no limitations and any color can be used. However, keep in mind that your logo must be presentable, easily recognizable and distinct on any background, light or dark.

• Style: Artistic license is allowed.

• Number of Submissions: Only three (3) submissions per applicant; no group, company or organization submissions allowed.

• Resolution/File Format: Transparent .PNG in 1920xXXXX and/or .SVG (Vector Graphic).

Contest Closing: Ninety (90) days from the thread publish date.

Contest Details

A winner will be selected by the Jackboot Games’ staff in conjunction with feedback from our community. Applicant(s) agree that Jackboot Games may publish their logo and name(s) and may use both for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future. Applicant(s) assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to Jackboot Games, LLC to use in development and marketing of FE. Additionally, Jackboot Games may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve development and marketing goals. Jackboot Games reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.

Prizes

(1 x) Grand Prize Winner: Digital Copy of FE, game keys for 2 friends, beta access, name in credits, forum icon and a chance to join the team.

(2 x) 1st Runner-up: Digital Copy of FE, beta access and forum icon.

(2 x) 2nd Runner-up: Beta access, forum icon

(TBD x) 3rd Runner-up: forum icon

#2 Dietrich Landrik

Dietrich Landrik

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:12 AM

Too bad I just do mediocre pixel art in MS Paint. Looking forward to the submissions!
Posted Image
"Nach Drill und Dreck, Gibt's Erbsen mit Speck, Aus der Gulaschkanone~"

#3 kuopassa

kuopassa

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:48 AM

I really like the current logo, it looks really nice. :-)

#4 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

No need to look further guys <3

Posted Image
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#5 Shurek

Shurek

Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

LOL! Oh brother, this is going to be, uh...interesting. :behindsofa:

3ka2.png

#6 TT33

TT33

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

It will indeed

gar83IX.gif

#7 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:23 AM

I really like the current logo, it looks really nice. :-)

The problem with that logo is that it does not scale well at all. That's the problem we noticed early on when we were working the prior engine. Since the switch back to Unreal Engine, we figured it would be a good time to rebrand the FE logo via community submitted designs and community feedback of those designs.

No need to look further guys <3

There is never a post by you that doesn't disturb me. ;)

#8 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:42 AM

There is never a post by you that doesn't disturb me. ;)

As a dane, that statement is the highest honour you can receive <3

Btw I shared the FB post in a multimediadesign group I am a part of, hope you find som actual candidates ;)
Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#9 trotskygrad

trotskygrad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

never was a fan of the old logo. I did some minor work by making buttons like "attach file", "send message" before for commercial programs

I'll give it a crack.

#10 Shurek

Shurek

Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

@trotskygrad: Looking forward to it.

Btw I shared the FB post in a multimediadesign group I am a part of, hope you find som actual candidates ;)

Thanks for spreading the word, m8!

3ka2.png

#11 trotskygrad

trotskygrad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:32 AM

is adding ye old '44-45 acceptable?

Posted Image

just a prototype at the moment.

#12 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:14 AM

Trotskygrad breaks the ice. :cheer2:

#13 r0tzbua

r0tzbua

• Festung Europa Contributor
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:14 PM

You guys should probably post this over at IndieDB or other forums/communities as well to gain more traction.
2D+3D artist. Does stuff.

#14 {SHD}Metalbourne

{SHD}Metalbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image

Here's my first try.

I went with the more "Grunge" look to show the grittiness of war with Festung in concrete to signify "Fortress" and Europa in Gold to signify the goal/treasure of Allies overall objective.
I used silhouette's of British soldiers and a Cromwell to put emphasis on the Commonwealth type of game and combined arms. In the back ground I used tactical maps of Operation Goodwood to show the strategic side of the game.

I'm not done yet since this one I think needs to be cleaned up a bit, but this is what track I'm on.
Posted Image

#15 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:30 AM

Am I allowed to enter the contest?

Posted Image

#16 MeFirst

MeFirst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

Am I allowed to enter the contest?

Posted Image

I see what you did there....

and I like it :D

#17 Mike_Nomad

Mike_Nomad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

Posted Image

"Telling it like it is"

nomad.png

#18 Kashash

Kashash

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

pic

I really like the slightly german style font and that's what I was thinking lately that FE ought to be german font since it is a german word. I also like the picture representing ww2 so that people know what is it about. But not sure about the golden wheat, perhaps some barbed wire or some weapons instead...

I wish I could do some graphic work though and not just comment on others... :P

#19 Mike_Nomad

Mike_Nomad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

Thanx for the critique.

The golden ribbons and wheat project the fact that Jackboot Games is only high quality.

"Telling it like it is"

nomad.png

#20 RubberSlug

RubberSlug

Jackboot Games

• Jackboot Games
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

Posted Image

Couple of variations of the same idea. The one on the right might be more palatable to the general public, who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users