• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kashash

Kashash

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

I just wanted bring to the attention the importance of an effective kick voting system.

Just yesterday I played on a DH server and when played the mortar, I asked an observer hundred times typing his nickname to give me a marker for the mortar without any effect or response.

Then when I changed the class, and another guy chose the mortar and he went through the exact the same thing, the observer not answering to the pleas ending up spamming the chat with walls of text.

And there are countless times when players do wrong things like blocking the way, driving vehicles in circles, throwing grenades etc.

The players that choose a certain class and ruining the game by not doing their job must not happen in FE.

The online game called "Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory" had a kick voting system where the players were kicked by the majority of players but it wasn't required for all the players on the server to vote in order for the kick to work.

That's why it never works in DH. Only a few players will usually place a vote and others will ignore it because they can't be bothered to go to the menu and find a name of the player.

Instead a quick message should be displayed having the choice of "YES" or "NO" which could be set on keys 1 and 2 as default.

Please make an easier way to vote kick in FE for a better enjoyable game, thank you.

#2 Lamb

Lamb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:11 AM

Perhaps a 'role kick' might be better. So that people don't leave the server and get annoyed?
  • 'DeadlyDad' Olson likes this

Seems I may have to have sex with darkest nation while razor sprays us with whipped cream. But thats fine.

#3 SilentAssassin

SilentAssassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:32 AM

I'd be for role kick, but make sure it requires a decent sized majority vote from the players.  It would be terrible if the vote system was abused by clans and units to get the roles that they want.

• 'DeadlyDad' Olson likes this

#4 'DeadlyDad' Olson

'DeadlyDad' Olson

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:09 AM

Perhaps a 'role kick' might be better. So that people don't leave the server and get annoyed?

That would be a good option, as well.  There was a sniper a few nights ago that had a round-end score of -2.  Seriously.  ...and there are always those who just don't understand how to play a role, and refuse to learn or listen to anyone try to help them, as Kashash found out.  Let them keep playing, but allow someone else to have that role, if it is important enough to vote them out of it.

I think that a system where roles for a given map were given an importance percentage, and only those who scored above that percentage in that role tutorial would be able to grab the role immediately.  (If nobody qualified wanted it, then the requirements would drop, of course.  *Someone* needs to tank, after all.)

I'd be for role kick, but make sure it requires a decent sized majority vote from the players.  It would be terrible if the vote system was abused by clans and units to get the roles that they want.

True, but how often would that happen, and what would stop non-members from retaliating, until the entire team were riflemen?  :grin:

"Keep calm, and tell me all about it."

Need help? Friend me:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users