• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SilentAssassin

SilentAssassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:16 PM

In several games when you pull the pin on a grenade and get shot, the grenade drops to your feet and then explodes because the pin has been pulled.  Many times if there is a teammate nearby, he will be killed by the dropped grenade.  What I want to propose is to give the grenade kill to the person who shot the player who pulled the pin on the grenade instead of giving a team kill to the person who was shot with the grenade in their hand.  I have seen many unnecessary arguments on Red Orchestra 2 and other games when this happens because someone thinks that the dropped grenade was a tossed one by a team killer.  I would like to hear what the community thinks of this idea.

#2 Nixod321

Nixod321

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:07 AM

Seems good. Couldn't someone just follow you around with a unpinned grenade trying to get shot so they can kill you with the resulting explosion and get away with it?

#3 SilentAssassin

SilentAssassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:18 AM

I guess they could, I haven't come up with a solution for that though.  If someone really wanted to do that though, wouldn't they just do it anyway?

#4 _Nambu

_Nambu

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

As far as I know the thing is already implemented in RO2 since the RS update. However the system only works if the grenade's fuse is not yet activated when the poor guy is shot. If the poor guy being shot did activate the fuse of the grenade to cook it, then it'd be considered a team-kill. 

I can confirm the thing is totally doable in ue4, however.

#5 SilentAssassin

SilentAssassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:19 PM

Would there be a way to give the grenade kill to the person who shot the poor guy who activated the fuse of the grenade to cook it?  I see it more as an enemy kill than a team kill at that point because the other player on the other team caused the grenade thrower to drop the grenade.  I can see how a system like this could be abused though by players who directly wanted to team kill people with grenades and get away with it.

#6 _Nambu

_Nambu

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, I was referring to that before.

I can confirm the thing is totally doable in ue4, however.

#7 SilentAssassin

SilentAssassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:03 PM

Oh, ok I misread that.  I thought you were referring to the dropped grenade team kill system in RO2/Rising Storm.

#8 Schneller

Schneller

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:55 PM

At a minimum, it seems unfair to charge a dead man with a team kill!

Posted Image

Wilsonam wrote: But, as someone said - perhaps just a touch too anal for a game

WUK: What! Thats impossible! Blasphemie!

#9 Cpl.Guillemette

Cpl.Guillemette

Elite Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

Gread idea!

Posted Image

#10 'DeadlyDad' Olson

'DeadlyDad' Olson

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:16 PM

This is a brilliant idea!  I've lost track of just many times I've been automatically kicked for tking because this problem.  (OTOH, it is SO satisfying to wait to fire on someone in your crosshairs until he primes his grenade, then see him credited with three teamkills. :evilgrin: )

• Razorneck likes this
"Keep calm, and tell me all about it."

Need help? Friend me:
Posted Image

#11 _Nambu

_Nambu

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:50 PM

(OTOH, it is SO satisfying to wait to fire on someone in your crosshairs until he primes his grenade, then see him credited with three teamkills. :evilgrin: )

cough... and we're not considering the case when the enemy primed a demolition charge cough...  B)

By the way I believe that a similar system, after its devlopment, is pretty likely to be used for satchels too. Opinions?

#12 'DeadlyDad' Olson

'DeadlyDad' Olson

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:55 PM

Oh!   ...and getting credit for hit-and-runs from you taking out the driver of a vehicle?  :evilgrin:

"Keep calm, and tell me all about it."

Need help? Friend me:
Posted Image

#13 SilentAssassin

SilentAssassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:08 AM

I'm really liking these ideas.  I would actually really like to see this system also for primed demolition charges.  :D

• 'DeadlyDad' Olson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users