• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nixod321

Nixod321

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:07 AM

By 1944 the German army, which was already heavily animal-based, was relying quite heavily on horses for logistics as Oil and Fuel began to run out. My question is, will we or can we see this reflected in the game?

We might be driving horse-drawn equipment around instead of using an Opel Blitz, for example, or maybe Officers or artillery spotters might be able to choose a horse as part of their weapons selection.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-301-1958-20%2C_No

#2 kuopassa

kuopassa

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:15 AM

It'd be realistic and quite unique in this kind of game, but...  Animating them and coding some logic how they react to surrounding events, like gunshots, could be too time-consuming tasks. I guess we'll see horses only as dead carcasses like in DH and in RO. ;)

#3 Dodenburg

Dodenburg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:14 PM

By 1944 the German army, which was already heavily animal-based, was relying quite heavily on horses for logistics as Oil and Fuel began to run out. My question is, will we or can we see this reflected in the game?

We might be driving horse-drawn equipment around instead of using an Opel Blitz, for example, or maybe Officers or artillery spotters might be able to choose a horse as part of their weapons selection.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-301-1958-20%2C_No

Yeah but you would hardly see them on the battlefield in the action, 1 bullet  the horse goes down and the whole vehicle with him :)...and thinking about the speed...Might be a fun cool looking addition to the game but kind of useless I would say.

Posted Image
2./SS-Panzer Regiment 2 "Das Reich" Panzer 244 "Adelhaide"

#4 Nixod321

Nixod321

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:00 AM

Yeah but you would hardly see them on the battlefield in the action, 1 bullet  the horse goes down and the whole vehicle with him :)...and thinking about the speed...Might be a fun cool looking addition to the game but kind of useless I would say.

Just gonna say that horses can be big animals (especially draft horses), if you don't hit the head or legs they can take quite a few shots; certainly more than a human if my knowledge of American Civil War battles is correct.

#5 Dodenburg

Dodenburg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

Just gonna say that horses can be big animals (especially draft horses), if you don't hit the head or legs they can take quite a few shots; certainly more than a human if my knowledge of American Civil War battles is correctYeahI me

Well I mean, they worked behind the front line, carrying supplyes, wounded soldiers etc. but they didnt carry  soldiers into the action, as that would be a waste of them, maybe they can take a bit more hits than a human but still. Also they tend to panic, once the bullets strart to fly by and bombs and nades explodes around. I cant talk for the devs but the only way I see horses being added to the game is to make a cavalry class, but as far as i know cav in WW II was only used by the Polaks in 1939 and by Russians (the Cossacks)

Posted Image
2./SS-Panzer Regiment 2 "Das Reich" Panzer 244 "Adelhaide"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users