#1 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:11 AM

Production Bytes 3

The main goal pursued in creating charater assets for Festung Europa is to convey a realistic and accurate historical appearance of player models in-game. To achieve this purpose, there is a number of techniques and approaches in the working pipeline, which begins, naturally, with the search and selection of reference pictures, usually consisting of a mixture of real World War 2 and modern historical reenactment photos. A secondary goal is to attempt to show the nature of the character. At the modeling stage can be designated a couple of key points that stand out from others. One of them is the special attention given to modeling the natural fabric folds and the amount of time spent on it compared to the whole process. The other attention given is focused on the small details such as, for example, sewing seams or buttons on the uniforms and equipment. These needs are dictated by the presence of in-game Full Body Awarness.  It may also be noted that for modeling some of the character's faces were used as reference World War 2 photos of soldiers' portraits. But of course all this only applies to those cases where it is possible and reasonable from a technical and artistic point of view. In general these and other points of the modeling and texturing stages are aimed to help achieve the main goal behind the design of the character models for Festung Europa.

HighresScreenshot00002.jpg HighresScreenshot00003.jpg

HighresScreenshot00001.jpg

Disclaimer: The melee system has not yet been developed in the current build of FE, but is still in our plans to implement at a future date.

Quoted from 2K, Jackboot Games' Character Artist.

• Razorneck, Cpl.Guillemette, kuopassa and 3 others like this

#2 KaizerSosa81

KaizerSosa81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:35 AM

Nice stuff, keep up the good work.

• kuopassa likes this

#3 kuopassa

kuopassa

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:46 PM

Great stuff. You've got ingredients for maps like Juno Beach and Raids. ;)

#4 Skringly

Skringly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:01 PM

Some damn fine good work you guys have got going there. Keep at it.

#5 r0tzbua

r0tzbua

• Festung Europa Contributor
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

thatmomentjxqpguoq5a.png

• Razorneck, 'DeadlyDad' Olson, Cpl.Guillemette and 1 other like this
2D+3D artist. Does stuff.

#6 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:21 PM

thatmomentjxqpguoq5a.png

Fucking hell man! This made me laugh hysterically in a very serious phone call xD

Good work FE guys, looking forward to more news <3

Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#7 SilentAssassin

SilentAssassin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:45 PM

It looks great so far.  Keep up the good work like this and I'm sure the game will turn out great.

#8 'DeadlyDad' Olson

'DeadlyDad' Olson

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:55 PM

Looking good! It may be time to kick it up a notch and do a (very) small crowdfunding campaign to pay for software to create better clothing than you can with standard modeling software.

(I think I posted this before, but w/e.)  Here are two software packages to make truly realistic clothing: http://www.marvelousdesigner.comhttp://www.clo3d.com/

Here is an example of what can be done.

Final%20A%20PC.jpg

(Full size to show cloth detail. Click picture to go to gallery page.)

"Keep calm, and tell me all about it."

Need help? Friend me:
Posted Image

#9 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:54 PM

Hey guys what are the chances we'll get a dev update for Christmas? I heard some rumors that you are already testing the game. True?

Posted Image

#10 Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:33 PM

Hey guys what are the chances we'll get a dev update for Christmas? I heard some rumors that you are already testing the game. True?

I found something very interesting to show you that one of the devs posted yesterday in Slack, our project management platform. As far as the rumor you've heard about the the JBG team already play testing on FE raids, this I can confirm. The team has to date play tested three (3) times. Once they feel comfortable with the current version of FE, I've been told that a select group of people that have been a part of the community the longest will be sent an invite. I'm currently working on the new developer's and Tester's forum. That's all the information I have until we release Production Bytes 4.
  • Razorneck and Cpl.Guillemette like this

#11 Paulchen Panzer

Paulchen Panzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:39 AM

I found something very interesting to show you that one of the devs posted yesterday in Slack, our project management platform. As far as the rumor you've heard about the the JBG team already play testing on FE raids, this I can confirm. The team has to date play tested three (3) times. Once they feel comfortable with the current version of FE, I've been told that a select group of people that have been a part of the community the longest will be sent an invite. I'm currently working on the new developer's and Tester's forum. That's all the information I have until we release Production Bytes 4.

Any chance for a christmas gift?

Posted Image

#12 Noizekick

Noizekick

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:01 PM

Hot damn, that long grass on the last picture looks so nice! Weird thing to say, maybe, but for some reason I'm a sucker for grassy fields. I can already see myself crawling through it, while flanking an objective...  :ph34r: 

• Razorneck and Cpl.Guillemette like this

#13 Paulchen Panzer

Paulchen Panzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:00 PM

I`ve got a question to the Development-Team. As you all know we lost the war and the result is, as germans we are not allowd to see "Hakenkreuze" and stuff like this in Games cause everything is forbidden here.

Could the Dev.-Team make an easy option, maybe with an .ini entry in the game itself done by the Client, to activate this stuff?

My Vision is that this graphical environment-files, both (Hakenkreuze and this stuff and the Graphics of the German Version) come with the german version of the Game. When i install the game later, both files getting installed but the german version loads up whith no forbidden stuff on my HDD.

Would it then be possible for you to give me, as a client, an hidden option in the the game .ini, for example  "FE-Graphics=Only_for_Germans_in_Germany_non_forbidden_German_Graphics" with the possibility to change that to "FE-Graphics=Graphics_WorldWide_Except_Germany" ???????????????

Please, please, please or at least a multiplayer compatible ModPackage to activate the stuff which is worldwide allowed but not in germany????

Because when i buy an uncut Version nearly non of them comes with a German translation and Voice acting. And i want to play this authentic and with gore and this "We are germans and this must be forbidden in Germany because of our history it`s a shame to be a german so this must be forbidden in germany...blah.blah,blah"  left wing-mentality this really sucks, you know. Would that be possible for you?

I`m just asking because i think that`s the worst part here. Every evening you see Hitler in Documentations on TV with forbidden Symbols. Every Day Newspapers write about Nazis especially since this year cause germany is heavily under fire, and show their Symbols and what else but a Videogame is just a Game and nothing more.

Müller Milch (Müller Milk) has a new bottle of Chocolate Milk with a women that has a bit of brown a skin but the left-wing Party want that forbidden cause it is a kind of rascist. This is completly insane you know.

Could you give an option like this, please?

Posted Image

#14 Theel

Theel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:07 PM

I'm pretty sure people take that "restriction" way over board.  It does not apply when historical purposes are involved, for example a text book, educational video, documentary, film, art, etc.  It's not like they get a special text book for their kids that doesn't talk about it.  In a video game, though it is for "entertainment" purposes, it also has a "historical" element to them and suppressing that history IS NOT what the purpose of that law is.  Basically the purpose of that law is to "prevent" public disorder from some nut flaunting pro-Nazism in the streets, creating a Nazi party/movement, or otherwise disturbing the peace.  If said game is restricted in your country because it has historical imagery, then that is a suppression of history and is outright wrong.  You should write your politicians and explain the situation.  But expecting a game to adhere to your Country's less than specific laws and continuing this suppression of history is also wrong.

Posted Image
Current Project: Darkest Hour 6.0

#15 Paulchen Panzer

Paulchen Panzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:01 PM

The Problem is this guy here "Christian Pfeiffer" and his Party. He is SPD-Member and his Party which has an Alliance. It`s called the Alliance-Left (MLPD, Die Linke, Die Grünen, SPD) and they`re paying the Antifa. Every Antifa Member get payed of 25€ for every Demonstration they take part. Associations like the VVN-BdA and others even donate their money to the Antifa. And our Government is paying too for them.

This looks like here in this Video when you demonstrate infront of a salafistic stall ( "Lies---in English: Read" Read Organisation from Abou-Nagie - most of his people went out to Syria and where seen later in IS-Videos when they fight and/or made suicide attack Videos or killed People) against thoose terrorist and the antifa shows up and calls you "Nazis go out".

So writing to our Government will not change something.

Posted Image

#16 _Nambu

_Nambu

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:05 PM

DISCLAIMER: I am not replying to Paulchen's question here, just continuing the discussion, as a normal forum user would do.

btw, didn't germany also had restrictions on gore too?

#17 Paulchen Panzer

Paulchen Panzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:46 PM

Yes it has, for me Rising Storm was the first Game i have seen where the Gore restriction was cancled and then later for RO2 too. But before Rising Storm my RO2 had a gore restriction. Maybe there are more Games which dont have these Gore restrictions.

I`m not sure how other Countrys are handling gore restrictions. As far as i heard in America and most other countrys you can buy a 18 Years Version and it has no restriction then.

Posted Image

#18 Twrecks

Twrecks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:57 PM

I'm in favor of gore, yet even without proper uniform insignias, should be simple to tell friend from foe.

Liking the model preview, hope there will be more variation in the future. Maybe even some selectable skin stuff :)

#19 Lawrence

Lawrence

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:43 AM

To reply further up. We've discussed the Swastika and other forbidden symbol before. Many ideas have been bandied about. My current preference is as follows (note: this is my personal idea for it, but may not be the final result.) I think we should design our core game with no forbidden symbols but then we may release an optional (free) download that substitutes allowed symbols for more historically accurate (possible forbidden) symbols. It's also important to note laws vary quite a bit by country. This is something for the very late stages of the game and really doesn't influence the game itself so it's a back-burner thing.

Suggestions? Ideas? Been to the suggestions forum? If you're still not getting enough traction on your ideas, send me a PM.
I'm also available on skype as holyslev (let me know why you're adding me)
 I have my own projects as well which you can find all of them here
You can also peruse my blog found here

#20 Paulchen Panzer

Paulchen Panzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:30 AM

Merry Chirstmas. Thanks Lawrence good Idea. I hope you made it against the USK here in Germany so that at least we have no Gore restriction. I`m really have every day a look here in the forum for news. It was good to hear FE is beeing tested for the first time. Think this Christmas is heavily different for us in Europe than in last the years. This year changed nearly everything. Too much changed in a very, very extremely way, we`ve got more than 2 burning houses a day in the statistics and are afraid cause the SIS

was hacked two years ago and now they`re here with stolen Travelpassports. Let`s hope the best that nothing will happen.

But i`m still happy and hope you guys make a great job and have success with that game. Good luck to you all and for the others and all merry christmas and a happy new year.

And, the screenshots look very very impressing. Well done! I`m really looking forward to that game. Hope i`ll have enough freetime to play it when it`s gonna be realeased.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Production Bytes, FE_Raids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users