• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Patriot

Paul Patriot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:19 PM

If Jackboot Games is serious about showing the public at large that Festung Europa is supposedly a realistic game about Western front battles, then they have to treat their depiction of the subject matter seriously and not play it up as a another big orchestra / commercial parody. Which is almost, if not, all products about War tend to fall into.

Trailers like Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (Especially about the multiplayer one) show how gun battles play out. Loud and Brutal. No glamour and No romanticism. I think im confident to say that those trailers accurratly depicts everyones experience in playing the Darkest Hour mod. "You're working together as a team. That means eyes and ears all the time, watching each others backs. Don't start getting any ideas because you're not smart enough for that."

I also would like to add that im against the idea of a scoreboard and defeat / victory / general music.

#2 _Nambu

_Nambu

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:44 PM

First of all, welcome to the FE community  :)

If Jackboot Games is serious about showing the public at large that Festung Europa is supposedly a realistic game about Western front battles, then they have to treat their depiction of the subject matter seriously and not play it up as a another big orchestra / commercial parody. Which is almost, if not, all products about War tend to fall into.

I am not 100% sure about what do you mean here.

What I understood is that you would be happy to see in FE's marketing a more realist, nitty-gritty approach instead of a more "romantic" one. Correct me if I am wrong.

I also would like to add that im against the idea of a scoreboard and defeat / victory / general music.

Music, or other stuff that appeals some players and not some others should be going to get an option in the menus  ;) , as long as we're not talking about something that can make some players have an advantage over each other.

#3 Paul Patriot

Paul Patriot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

see in FE's marketing a more realist, nitty-gritty approach instead of a more "romantic" one.

Precisely.

#4 'DeadlyDad' Olson

'DeadlyDad' Olson

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:50 AM

You can't beat Gaijin when it comes to gritty trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sfA-NsbzJY
"Keep calm, and tell me all about it."

Need help? Friend me:
Posted Image

#5 Paul Patriot

Paul Patriot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

War Thunder isn't any different from the drone footage that you can find on Youtube that is edited like an overblown music video or a hyped Hollywood production.

What would benefit Festung Europa is to go more Raw. A bit more "boring"

And the crossroads battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOSvLWK5Z2A

Note the subtle gameplay parallels of players putting on bayonetes on the fly, waiting for the smoke before they attack an objective, the commander calling in hasty artillery on the counter attacking team.

And the shootout in the movie Heat shows the unromantic tension of a sudden, true Life And Death scenario –  the sense of immediate overwhelming danger and desperate urgency. Both of these elements i think should be present in your trailers.

You could take inspiration from squad story trailers in how to demostrate the gameplay mechanics and team dynamic but still somehow keeping the thematic element.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9ueuIULfj0

#6 r0tzbua

r0tzbua

• Festung Europa Contributor
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:36 PM

Ah the HEAT scene. The biggest bullet holes 5.56 will ever punch into cars.

2D+3D artist. Does stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users