8 replies to this topic

#1 Spindle

Spindle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:43 PM

Heya,

I recently started playing RO 2 again and most servers have these unlockables available like a dual mag for the MP 40, a bayonet on a shotgun, etc.

To me this looks really stupid and takes me out of the world. Also, the fact that you can spawn with enemy weapons is a weird design choice in my opinion.

So, whats Jackboot's stance on unlockables and authenticity?

Posted Image

#2 Petroskoijari

Petroskoijari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:18 AM

A terrible system and one of the reasons why RO2 was such a failure: it was too generic when compared to the original one. I'm against including anything like this too.

#3 Shurek

Shurek

Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:23 AM

Well there goes my idea of adding pulse rifles to the Juno Beach assault...

:P

• Razorneck likes this

3ka2.png

#4 FuriousBystander

FuriousBystander

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:29 PM

That means "no way, no how", right? :D

Posted Image

#5 Twrecks

Twrecks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:49 AM

While unlocks/upgrades may rub some the wrong way, it does offer a greater variety of weapons than a standard load out allows. Leveling has always been a measure of prestige, so no matter what, majority of players expect something like this, and keeps them coming back to a game to get higher/better stuff. Yes it creates assymettry, however medals and ranks don't mean much if they don't come with some booty, like a clean pair of socks :)

• kuopassa likes this

#6 TT33

TT33

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:48 AM

So, whats Jackboot's stance on unlockables and authenticity?

We are not looking for gimmicks or hooks. We aim to create an enjoyable, team based ,realistic WWII game.
Therefore We are against unlocks, grinding, leveling for weapons, stat changes,  and A-historical items.

Sorry in advance for the lack of German death ray weapons, the Ratte tank, and Die Glocke.

gar83IX.gif

#7 Razorneck

Razorneck

Veteran

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:34 PM

lack of German death ray weapons,

VERDAMMT!!  :(

Posted Image

Retired DH developer

Maps: Bois Jacques, Poteau Ambush (w/ Jörg Biermann), Noville, Son, Nuenen, Dog Green (w/ Exocet, Sichartshofen), Wanne (w/ BOH-rekrut)

DH Forums - Going off topic since 2006

#8 Twrecks

Twrecks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:00 PM

We are not looking for gimmicks or hooks. We aim to create an enjoyable, team based ,realistic WWII game.
Therefore We are against unlocks, grinding, leveling for weapons, stat changes,  and A-historical items.

Sorry in advance for the lack of German death ray weapons, the Ratte tank, and Die Glocke.

I appreciate yor stance on the subject. Perhaps a greater variety of player classes, or slectable load outs might introduce opportunities to try different weapon combos? I'm also opposed to rare or prototype weapons in-game, there's enough mass produced guns to fill an arsenal of any faction engaged in combat. I understand that initially there's probably not going to much choice, because everything takes time and effort to add, plus getting the basic gameplay dynamics down first is most likely the current priority.

#9 TT33

TT33

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:49 AM

Perhaps a greater variety of player classes, or slectable load outs might introduce opportunities to try different weapon combos?

That actually something the JBG team have talked a little about in past, its definitely not outside the realm of possibilities.

gar83IX.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users