Posted Image

#2 Thommy-L

Thommy-L

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

... muß geputzt werden!

Would somebody from the maintenance pool please wash the windshield on the Kübelwagen. Thank you.
Posted Image
DH-Lead-Beta-Tester and General-PITA

Cpl.Christie: any argument based on a fat guy in a Wehrmacht uniform hipping a mg42 is invalid

#3 blarhgh

blarhgh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:48 AM

I posted this in allied vehicles, but it applies to axis vehicles as well.

In vehicles with dual-power sights (Fireflies, various Panzers), changing the range throws the higher-powered setting off boresight significantly. This seems to be because the higher-power sight uses the same reticle as the lower-powered sight. Since the adjustment lowers the aim point, the same adjustment won't work for two different zooms.

#4 Thommy-L

Thommy-L

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

- Issues with the Jagdpanther
-- Jagdpanther overshoots by about 300 meters
-- the reticle does not adjust with changes of the range-setting
-- View through the pericsope is extremely high-powered (which my be correct)

The Jagdpanther, which has only one step of sight-zoom, also overshoots it's targets. At 1000 meters range it is hitting almost exactly on target with the sights set for 700 meters. This overshooting goes almost linearly down until about 400 meters, below which the canon-grenades have practically no drop what-so-ever, which my be correct too, considering the high-velocity of the round.

The view though the periscope is extremely high-powered, even higher than the binoculars. I have no idea it this is correct, but it does seam a bit extreme.

Although the Königstiger and the Jagdpanther share the same gun, but they do not share the same sighting-optics. The Tiger II uses the TZF 9d and the Jagdpather the WZF 1/4. Here's a neat site with some great information about a lot of military specs http://www.tarrif.net/
Still I was expecting the reticle to move with the range too.
Posted Image

Cpl.Christie: any argument based on a fat guy in a Wehrmacht uniform hipping a mg42 is invalid

#5 Thommy-L

Thommy-L

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

... muß geputzt werden!

Would somebody from the maintenance pool please wash the windshield on the Kübelwagen. Thank you.

-- Windshield on the Kübelwagen is too dirty

I was serious about this. The windscreen on the Kübelwagen is really a bit too dirty. It makes it rather difficult to drive if the map is already dark. Compared to the jeep there is a big difference.
Posted Image

#6 Gunloon

Gunloon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:54 PM

[quote name='Thommy-L'][quote name='"Thommy-L":7d9s7bc7']... muß geputzt werden!

Would somebody from the maintenance pool please wash the windshield on the Kübelwagen. Thank you.[/quote]

-- Windshield on the Kübelwagen is too dirty

I was serious about this. The windscreen on the Kübelwagen is really a bit too dirty. It makes it rather difficult to drive if the map is already dark. Compared to the jeep there is a big difference.[/quote:7d9s7bc7]

Agreed...and considering it's transparent to bullets it would be rather nice to be able to see a threat before you...that you're driving directly towards...at high speed...through the glass rather than the tan haze as it is. Nice effect showing the muddy wiper marks, 10 points for style but minus several million for practicality...

It's really way too much of a good thing, especially when compared with the jeep's near-spotless windshield.

Gunloon

#7 RustIronCrowe

RustIronCrowe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

Compared to the jeep there is a big difference.

Wouldn't it make more sense to dirty up the jeep's windshield to match the Kubel's, and the stop driving them as if you were in a demolition derby? I am sure the last thing that is on anyone's mind in the muddy field is to keep the soft shelled vehicles windows spitshined...

I do agree however that the overall quality of the windshields should be more similar, just don't think that they should be cleaned up any.

(PS: I prefer the filthy windows... at least there's a good field of view, unlike the tankers' limited perspective!)
Posted Image

#8 Thommy-L

Thommy-L

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

In the real world, if the windshield tended to get so dirty I would fold it down.

When I was in the army, and way back then we were still using jeeps, no hummers, if we were in the field (tactical situation), the canopy was required to be down, regardless of the weather. I drove a lot of miles through Germany in the rain like that.

I don't know of an SOP for the German military during the war, but I rather imagine they might have a similar policy. It doesn't help much being dry, if you miss seeing the enemy because your roof is up. The same goes for a filthy windshield.
Posted Image

#9 Gunloon

Gunloon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

Wouldn't it make more sense to dirty up the jeep's windshield to match the Kubel's, and the stop driving them as if you were in a demolition derby? I am sure the last thing that is on anyone's mind in the muddy field is to keep the soft shelled vehicles windows spitshined...

I do agree however that the overall quality of the windshields should be more similar, just don't think that they should be cleaned up any.

(PS: I prefer the filthy windows... at least there's a good field of view, unlike the tankers' limited perspective!)

Demolition derby?

Not me...jeeps are too scarce to treat one badly. I play anti tank a lot, and if I'm enroute to a spot, I want to get there FAST, and that means keeping the vehicle intact. I take a moment to park it in the shrubbery rather than leaving it exposed as so many do...I want to be ready for a quick getaway if I need to retreat, and if I survive the encounter, I don't want my ride destroyed as 'collateral damage' in the fight.

When I swipe a Kubelwagen, I'd as soon have the top down and the windshield clean or folded, too...you may have a better field of view than a tanker, but none of the protection of armor.

I still agree with Thommy-L, without any protection from flying lead, good visibility is paramount.

I may never have been an army person, but before I became disabled I was a night courier pilot...cruddy old planes, often with spotty instruments or pressurization, but you better believe we kept the windshields clear. No mud but plenty of splatted bug and bigger bug (bird) debris to deal with. Lots of guys I worked with even sprung for their own Rain-X protectant for keeping the glass free of beaded water or condensation.

When you're shooting an instrument approach at night in foggy 1/4 mile visibility at 150 mph or so, 200 feet or less from the ground, you need to be able to SEE. Just as in a tactical situation, having a bad day in aviation is fatal...and in the 3-D world, there's no respawn!

Gunloon

#10 Hollowpoint9mm

Hollowpoint9mm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:10 AM

Not really a bug, but I think the Panzer 4 reloads WAY too quickly. If your in a Sherman 76 or Sherman VC, they can always penetrate your armor, and you almost always have to hit them twice to kill them, they can get 2 shots off before you get 2 and kill you, even if you shoot and reload first.
Posted Image

#11 Hollowpoint9mm

Hollowpoint9mm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:12 PM

I have found a bug with the Stug 3, Panzer 4 H, and Bazookas/Piats. They still penetrate the armor even though it has the side plates and sometimes when they get hit they fly about 15ft to the side like an angry child kicking around his hot wheels.

I will try to get a video of this happening. It is pretty amusing.
Posted Image

#12 Krieger

Krieger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

About the KT having engine fires when shot by enemy infantry. The engine can also catch fire from friendly infantry small arms fire. And the engine of the KT will only continue to burn if someone is manning the panzer.
Give Death, Take Death
Posted Image

#13 Shurek

Shurek

Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

About the KT having engine fires when shot by enemy infantry. The engine can also catch fire from friendly infantry small arms fire. And the engine of the KT will only continue to burn if someone is manning the panzer.

This is a known issue and will be addressed in the hotfix.

3ka2.png

#14 Schneller

Schneller

Elite Veteran

• Jackboot Games
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

I have found a bug with the Stug 3, Panzer 4 H, and Bazookas/Piats. They still penetrate the armor even though it has the side plates and sometimes when they get hit they fly about 15ft to the side like an angry child kicking around his hot wheels.

I will try to get a video of this happening. It is pretty amusing.

Right, the sides of these skirted tanks shoud be almost impervious to HEAT rounds.

This could be a good challenge for Shurek :wink:
Posted Image

Wilsonam wrote: But, as someone said - perhaps just a touch too anal for a game

WUK: What! Thats impossible! Blasphemie!

#15 Cpl.Christie

Cpl.Christie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

Ghost Tiger,
Playing wacht_am_rhein tonight, took a Tiger which had obviously been shot up in spawn, engine gone sounds, you know the sound of it trying to start, yellow overall damage. It Worked still, moved normally BUT with a twist, it was silent! No engine sound whatsoever but went at normal speed (infact i reached 60kph going down a hill :S)
Posted Image
Moscow Centers Attaché to the Western Front

#16 Thommy-L

Thommy-L

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

Yeah yeah, go ahead and rub our noses in it :x

:wink:
Posted Image

#17 riZZo

riZZo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

Everyone in halftracks seem to be bullet proof.

Had this happen many times now, in a building above the vehicle, clean shot at the gunners head, 8 .30-06 rounds into his helmet and nothing, same story with passengers to.

I'm sure this wasn't present in B2.0...used to be able to shoot the driver through the slit as well but at the moment halftrack occupants are invincible to anything but armour main guns or lots of a nades.

#18 engineer

engineer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:25 PM

Last night.... I fired a bazooka into the flank of a StuG with the side skirt armor. But instead of detonating/bouncing off, the bazooka round imparted lateral movement. Enough to punt the StuG into a nearby fence that was roughly 10-15 feet away.

#19 Thommy-L

Thommy-L

• Festung Europa Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

Everyone in halftracks seem to be bullet proof.

Not true at all. I've been hit and killed numerous times as a passenger in an HT

Had this happen many times now, in a building above the vehicle, clean shot at the gunners head, 8 .30-06 rounds into his helmet and nothing, same story with passengers to.

This is being looking into.

I'm sure this wasn't present in B2.0...used to be able to shoot the driver through the slit as well but at the moment halftrack occupants are invincible to anything but armour main guns or lots of a nades.

I'm not sure about fire coming through the viewing slits. Haven't heard about that before. Was the windshield open or closed?

Last night.... I fired a bazooka into the flank of a StuG with the side skirt armor. But instead of detonating/bouncing off,

That's how the "Schürtzen" work in DH. It's not a bug, it's a feature :wink:

the bazooka round imparted lateral movement. Enough to punt the StuG into a nearby fence that was roughly 10-15 feet away.

That's being worked on.
Posted Image

#20 geLaden44

geLaden44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:10 AM

Some minor stuff: Opel Blitz stops from top 40km/h speed in 1 second.
Those breaks must be one of the wonder weapons they are so effective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users