Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I have realistic weapon sounds for the game! FOR you all!

Re: I have realistic weapon sounds for the game! FOR you all

Quote Originally Posted by exocet
    we still have these on our list of things to look over (or listen to in this case).
    We have a few devs away on a very well ern't vactions atm, but we will get around to it once we get back into things proper, That said we want this update out Pronto, so we need to get our backsides into gear sharpish one the vacations are over.
    Thanks for the update, I think It would be great for the gunsounds to be released with the new update!

Exo, posts like this are why you guys have such a rabid and supportive comminity. You could have flat out said no, and I think my reaction wouldve been the same. I've said it before and I'll say it again; mods just aren't what they used to be, for better or for worse, but you guys continue a great tradition of supporting the community.

Jackboot Games Staff

Thanks Titus.

We have always and will always listen to everything to community has to say and suggest.
    Some tings we will agree on and where practical implement, some just can't be done and some are just way off what we want in our Game/Mod.

Same with crits, we do read all comments and crits, but we WILL look into Constructive Critisism rather than the NON constructive and sometimes down right absuive comments some post.

Day Z, which is essentially a walking-forever-to-find-a-can-of-beans simulator.

Here is another video showing how awesome these guns sound in game. I must say, since I released these sounds, another game developer for contacted me and offered compensation to use them in their game. But i wouldn't expect compensation from Darkest hour, because I play it so faithfully. Im freely giving the team the right to use the soudns I've worked months on. I sure hope they do. In this video is featured the latest recording of the mg42:

Quote Originally Posted by jclewis
    Here is another video showing how awesome these guns sound in game. I must say, since I released these sounds, another game developer for contacted me and offered compensation to use them in their game. But i wouldn't expect compensation from Darkest hour, because I play it so faithfully. Im freely giving the team the right to use the soudns I've worked months on. I sure hope they do. In this video is featured the latest recording of the mg42:
    [youtube:ke86ispx]vXzdaJqZba8[/youtube:ke86ispx]
    I really like those sounds in action! Especially the Kar98.
    Wonder how hard it will be to implement them in DH. We'll see.

Beta Tester

The main weapon I want a new sound for is the Thompson. I Hate the sound for it in DH. Sounds too deep. I always wanted a more chattery sound then a BRRRPP sound.

Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Ludwig View Post
    ...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

It would really be a lot better if real life sounds of firearms and weapons are put to play for dh. As that would be a point in which the user will be really immersed to the game and not just on the superficial level of having to manage and control them. I like the idea, really.

Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by bsergio
    It would really be a lot better if real life sounds of firearms and weapons are put to play for dh. As that would be a point in which the user will be really immersed to the game and not just on the superficial level of having to manage and control them. I like the idea, really.
    Real Life sounds are normally used but Darkest Hours engine is really shit for sound and normally sounds nothing like the original sound files when ingame.

Maps: Poteau Ambush(Razorneck) Southern Oosterbeek(RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Ludwig View Post
    ...Get something wrong with the Germans in this game, and you will hear from Ernst Hoffman and Bierman...

Have they finally put in-game???? :roll:

Jackboot Games Staff

No, we decided not to add these Sounds, also the maker had joined the RS team for HOS by the time 5.1 was released.

Day Z, which is essentially a walking-forever-to-find-a-can-of-beans simulator.